• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Randy has other business's to run. He's entitled to spend time on those too. Kendrick is also entitled to a weekend off every now and then. Are Villa likely to call a press conference any time soon? I think not.

I second that. next Friday is D-Day in my opinion.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than a handfull of Villa fans, nobody will be betting on this, its hardly like the Grand National

Outside of Brum we are irrelevant

There's half a million quid bet on it on betfair alone. That's around 1.5x more than on the next chelsea manager.

There's only 170k bet on the winner of the Premier League so far.

So yes, obviously "nobody" is betting on it.

How can you tell and do you believe the numbers ?

At the top of every market on betfair it tells you the amount matched on it.

The numbers are 100% correct.

A better question is why don't you believe the numbers? Markets like this are a goldmine for making money on. A bit of information and you can make a killing backing and laying at different odds for guaranteed returns.

Bookies hate next manager markets because it's so easy to make a killing on them if you get a bit of early information (i.e. Randy's plane is in Corsica... Houllier has a home there... ), it's why they're so volatile and subject to massive swings in odds, a bit of money going somewhere and the odds will crash as the bookies panic thinking that someone knows something and is going to take them for a rinsing.

Ofc the odds crashing then leads to more people thinking "something's happening there!" and jumping on board, escalating the problem, and next thing you know Simon Grayson is favourite.

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

Yeah Tim Abraham said this morning he was off to play cricket this afternoon. Would make you think they've been told to put the feet up until Monday morning as those guys wouldn't risk missing a story as big as this by playing cricket.

Either everything's done and dusted, Randy's got his man and there will be a press briefing on Monday morning, or else they've just put the search on hold for a few days which would be bizarre.

I reckon it's either Hughes or Moyes and it's all done and dusted. They're planning a time to announce for some reason.

No way have they just 'put this on hold'.

Like you say, done and dusted. Maybe they need a couple of days to dot the i's and cross the t's, then it'll all be done in a blaze of well-orchestrated publicity.

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

with BLACKBURN and FULHAM

Two clubs who's main aim for a season is to avoid relegation.

?

you dont follow football do you?

would that have been blackburn who graham souness got to 6th?

would that have been fulham who got to the europa cup final and finished 7th the season before that?

it doesnt sound like their aim each season was to avoid relegation does it?

man city? finished LOWER with a further £128 million spunked on them than Sven?

oh dear.

You see this is exactly what people are talking about. What the **** are journalists' problems with Villa? This over the top, prejudiced filthy **** bile just screams of a teenager throwing a tantrum.

We don't tell them anything.

This is the problem with secrecy, when there's no real stories, the press will make them up. Then the made up stories get passed around and paraded as gospel (such as the mcclaren interview one).

It's just a sign that the Villa ship is water tight. The only information they've got has been from Wigan, and so Martinez must have been our awesome number one target and we're screwed now he's turned us down despite never even talking to us.

I mean take this:

All that the quiet, almost anonymous men who run Villa had to ensure was that Martinez would be willing to switch clubs before going public with their interest.

Last I checked WE didn't go public with our interest, Wigan did, as a "look we've fought off Villa to keep our manager, please come buy season tickets" PR ploy.

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

with BLACKBURN and FULHAM

Two clubs who's main aim for a season is to avoid relegation.

?

you dont follow football do you?

would that have been blackburn who graham souness got to 6th?

would that have been fulham who got to the europa cup final and finished 7th the season before that?

it doesnt sound like their aim each season was to avoid relegation does it?

man city? finished LOWER with a further £128 million spunked on them than Sven?

oh dear.

Ancelotti aint happening. get over it.

Ha! My, my these reporters really do have an axe to grind with Villa and Lerner. Again, I think they absolutely hate how Villa seem to be amazingly good at just clamming up and not letting much leak out. Saying that RL and PF are "pathetically dithering" when we are in a period when most players and staff are away on holidays is nothing short of insulting and, well pathetic. They feed off some of the negativity they have picked up on the Villa message boards and want nothing more than to provoke a reaction from within Villa, essentially forcing us to speak up in order to quell some of the press speculation and general bad journalism these hacks puke out. It rather disgraceful but I did lose my respect for journalists some years ago so I am not at all surprised. I can but laugh at their feeble attempts at writing. :)

Ha! My, my these reporters really do have an axe to grind with Villa and Lerner. Again, I think they absolutely hate how Villa seem to be amazingly good at just clamming up and not letting much leak out. Saying that RL and PF are "pathetically dithering" when we are in a period when most players and staff are away on holidays is nothing short of insulting and, well pathetic. They feed off some of the negativity they have picked up on the Villa message boards and want nothing more than to provoke a reaction from within Villa, essentially forcing us to speak up in order to quell some of the press speculation and general bad journalism these hacks puke out. It rather disgraceful but I did lose my respect for journalists some years ago so I am not at all surprised. I can but laugh at their feeble attempts at writing. :)

Its basically a transcript of TalkSport from last few days...

You see this is exactly what people are talking about. What the **** are journalists' problems with Villa? This over the top, prejudiced filthy **** bile just screams of a teenager throwing a tantrum.

Utter drivel. Typical lazy journalism.

If we really want a manager with drive and ambition, this is the man.

Motivational

Just gave it a quick read, and isn't far off the mark, Doug would never have got suckered in to what Whelan did, slag him all you like but he knew what the football business was about, and at the minuter our board don't look like they do, i hope i'm proved wrong

If you give these hacks even the slightest benefit of the doubt you really need to revise your world view.

Oof.

Sounds quite bitter.

The McClaren thing if true was maybe bit meek but is he McClarens mate or something?

Quite a scathing article.

It's not true.

McClaren has even came out and said it's not true.

To understand the frustration of the press you only have to look on this very board, people on here are clinging on to any vague comment or bit of information no matter where it comes from in the hope to just know something. The press are the same, only they do it for a living so they're paid to track down the tiniest bit of information and just run with it, regardless of it's credibility or source.