• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

I think Randy has gone back to America - because that is where he lives.

Hes probably put a few wheels motion - but the earliest I can see is towards the end of next week.

If Martinez was offered the job - (which I don't beleive he was) - then the likes of Poyet, Grayson are feasible targets.

The most logical appointment is still Mark Hughes - but thats logical not probable.

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

6th,7th and 10th with his 3 full seasons with Blackburn 8th with his one at Fulham. Martin O'Neill hasn't achieved any more.

I have never held MoN up as a beacon of brilliance. His net spend for 6th place finishes is poor IMO

Where as Mark Hughes's achievement should be. In full seasons he's averaged 8th.

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

6th,7th and 10th with his 3 full seasons with Blackburn 8th with his one at Fulham. Martin O'Neill hasn't achieved any more.

I have never held MoN up as a beacon of brilliance. His net spend for 6th place finishes is poor IMO

Where as Mark Hughes's achievement should be. In full seasons he's averaged 8th.

Which is where he will take us, which is all well and good. I quite like the man, but personally i rather a punt on a young, up-and-coming manager.

Other than a handfull of Villa fans, nobody will be betting on this, its hardly like the Grand National

Outside of Brum we are irrelevant

There's half a million quid bet on it on betfair alone. That's around 1.5x more than on the next chelsea manager.

There's only 170k bet on the winner of the Premier League so far.

So yes, obviously "nobody" is betting on it.

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

Hes probably put a few wheels motion - but the earliest I can see is towards the end of next week.

If Martinez was offered the job - (which I don't beleive he was) - then the likes of Poyet, Grayson are feasible targets.

The most logical appointment is still Mark Hughes - but thats logical not probable.

Martinez wasn't offered the job - he was just one of the candidates.

Other than a handfull of Villa fans, nobody will be betting on this, its hardly like the Grand National

Outside of Brum we are irrelevant

There's half a million quid bet on it on betfair alone. That's around 1.5x more than on the next chelsea manager.

There's only 170k bet on the winner of the Premier League so far.

So yes, obviously "nobody" is betting on it.

How can you tell and do you believe the numbers ?

Which is where he will take us, which is all well and good. I quite like the man, but personally i rather a punt on a young, up-and-coming manager.

Err, is HUghes not young (47) and up-and-coming (managed Blackburn and fulham should be given a fair crack at the next level club).

Simon Grayson, Gus Poyet? Really? Behave yourselves. Ridiculous. Get rid of Houllier to appoint Championship Managers? £100 to VT if either of these two end up at Villa Park as Manager. Mark Hughes for me. Proven, albeit at smaller clubs like Fulham and Blackburn that he's very capable. With better funding, he could do very well at Villa.

What do you think?

Randy also has a house near Bodymoor Heath.

My kids have been watching a dvd and just came downstairs singing " Sink or Swim, Sink or Swim theres one thing for certain we'll never give in" Sometimes i just hate my wife, Lets just hope he's not French.

If your under thirty it's the tune from the frog chorus "We all stand together" music by Paul Mcartney.

Randy has other business's to run. He's entitled to spend time on those too. Kendrick is also entitled to a weekend off every now and then. Are Villa likely to call a press conference any time soon? I think not.

What do you think?

Yeah Tim Abraham said this morning he was off to play cricket this afternoon. Would make you think they've been told to put the feet up until Monday morning as those guys wouldn't risk missing a story as big as this by playing cricket.

Either everything's done and dusted, Randy's got his man and there will be a press briefing on Monday morning, or else they've just put the search on hold for a few days which would be bizarre.

I reckon it's either Hughes or Moyes and it's all done and dusted. They're planning a time to announce for some reason.