• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.
Their pedigree is finishing mid-table, is that what we want?

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

He didnt really get a fair crack of the whip at city did he

Their pedigree certainly isnt mid table

With Spurs and lots of money spent he finished 5th.

With the biggest team in Holland he finished 2nd.

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

You forgot to mention he turned a winning wolfsburg team into a losing one...

When did Jol/Hughes manage Wolfsburg?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

Oh come one - you have to spend money to get to top 6 - look what we spent under MON

Biggest team in Holland?? Who cares ?? You are saying his pedigree is mid table and i'm teling you thats Horseshit when you look at his record

Hughes finished 7th with Blackburn and Fulham with little funds. So your statement 'Hughes has never finished outside midtable' is bollocks i'm afraid

it is bollocks, hughes finished 15th in his first season at blackburn, i wouldnt call that mid table, he also didnt get fulham 7th, so that also is bollocks.

his average position is 10th when managing premier league teams, thats in his 11 years as a football manager

that also included spunking £128 million in one summer at man city ( he spunked a further £123 million the following summer)

Bollocks is it......

Oh come one - you have to spend money to get to top 6 - look what we spent under MON

Biggest team in Holland?? Who cares ?? You are saying his pedigree is mid table and i'm teling you thats Horseshit when you look at his record

Hughes finished 7th with Blackburn and Fulham with little funds. So your statement 'Hughes has never finished outside midtable' is bollocks i'm afraid

it is bollocks, hughes finished 15th in his first season at blackburn, i wouldnt call that mid table, he also didnt get fulham 7th, so that also is bollocks.

his average position is 10th when managing premier league teams, thats in his 11 years as a football manager

that also included spunking £128 million in one summer at man city ( he spunked a further £123 million the following summer)

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

Bollocks is it......

Lets be realistic, Hughes could match any progress that MON made with the possibility he might not make so many god awful signings, fans calling for european managers are deluded..

we need to look at whats obtainable at avfc, moyes, hughes & coyle.. I dont think 2 will leave there respected clubs so hughes is by far the best and ONLY candidate realistically left!!!

Bollocks is it......

Lets be realistic, Hughes could match any progress that MON made with the possibility he might not make so many god awful signings, fans calling for european managers are deluded..

we need to look at whats obtainable at avfc, moyes, hughes & coyle.. I dont think 2 will leave there respected clubs so hughes is by far the best and ONLY candidate realistically left!!!

I think Coyle will leave Bolton if we show we want him, he left Burnley after all.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.

This

So true though. We need to relax.

It doesn't help though when you have Talksport slagging off Villa at every given opportunity and the fans. However, some of it I agree with...As much as it pains me to say it as i hate talkSPORT, some of the abuse from fans I have seen especially on twitter is disgusting. Gives us a bad name

Spot on! What pisses the media off is that they don't know. They have made a big deal of Martinez 'turning down the job' but I think the reality was we wanted to speak to him about the role,along with a few others.

Listening to that rocket polisher Marcotti on Talksport in the car this afternoon makes my blood boil.

Bollocks is it......

I think Coyle will leave Bolton if we show we want him, he left Burnley after all.

yeah hes more likely to leave than moyes is

Got a really bad feeling this Simon Grayson stuff has some substance to it. It's just far too random for people to go putting enough money on him up in Yorkshire for him to jump to favourite.

Why would they give a shit unless they knew something?

We will be a middle of the road club again next season no matter who takes the managers job; What we need is a manger who can commit three/four years to develope the squad and take us that inch further and push for champions league, Houllier may not have been everyones cup of tea, but maybe just maybe he could have. We do need a manager with experience (with a clean bill of health, Sorry RB) who is able to commit that amount of time, i'm sure that is the way the board are thinking: unless we use next season as a stop gap, finnished 10th and try again for a more experienced manager 2012/2013, Randy is and always will be the saviour of Villa, if we were still under Ellis i can see us still in the championship fighting for a play-off spot.

If you have lost faith in Villa & the board it's time for some of you guys to become GLORY HUNTERS! I hear Man U are looking for new recruits

Got a really bad feeling this Simon Grayson stuff has some substance to it. It's just far too random for people to go putting enough money on him up in Yorkshire for him to jump to favourite.

What points to Grayson being a bad appointment? This is the problem, everyone wants to critiscise before anyone is given a chance, hes done a reasonable job at leeds

What about McLeish? That's another fairly random one. He is a Championship manager now afterall (lol!). Remember when Benitez's odds crashed this time last week?

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

Conversely it could turn out to be an inspired appointment...we just don't know at this stage.