• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hughes no, allardyce yes, allardyce certainly hasn't worked with calibre of players that ranieri had at chelsea
So? He's not done anything remarkable in his career. Why is he so rated on here?

He has done many remarkable things - one being he had kept the wimbledon spirit alive in the premier league.

I do when we arent realistically going to win anything, especially next season, the quality of the football is paramount.

Isn't Ranieri quite a conservative manager tho - in terms of style of football played?

I was on about Allardyce not being the right manager, not ranieri being the right one.

I want our next manager to continue what GH started as the direct stuff will only get you so far, as Monny proved, about 6th.

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.
Their pedigree is finishing mid-table, is that what we want?

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

He didnt really get a fair crack of the whip at city did he

Their pedigree certainly isnt mid table

With Spurs and lots of money spent he finished 5th.

With the biggest team in Holland he finished 2nd.

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

You forgot to mention he turned a winning wolfsburg team into a losing one...

Think with Ranieri, we are still under the impression that we are looking for Premier league experience. The list is getting smaller and smaller, so i doubt that they will limit their options by insisting on it. Its tantamount to putting themselves in a box....

So basicly, im of the opinion that it was just another snippet of mis-information.

If its not Hughes, then i believe we may have a meltdown situation. You dont go to these extremes for people like Grayson, Martinez and Mcleish....

We should be aiming for Slaven Bilic like last time. The board are gutless if they want another old manager with PL experience.
That doesn't mean they're gutless.

If its not Hughes, then i believe we may have a meltdown situation. You dont go to these extremes for people like Grayson, Martinez and Mcleish....
Bent meltdown or Wolves/Sunderland meltdown?

We should be aiming for Slaven Bilic like last time. The board are gutless if they want another old manager with PL experience.

This is why I hate being a Villa fan sometimes. Just sad sad retorts like this which they know nothing about. Comical.

I will say however, I agree with the Bilic part.

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.
Their pedigree is finishing mid-table, is that what we want?

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

He didnt really get a fair crack of the whip at city did he

Their pedigree certainly isnt mid table

With Spurs and lots of money spent he finished 5th.

With the biggest team in Holland he finished 2nd.

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

You forgot to mention he turned a winning wolfsburg team into a losing one...

Hughes and Jol have never managed Wolfsburg

Bent Meltdown....

Like somebody above said, Randy has invested 200 million into the club. Hes not going to put that at risk, by appointing somebody that MAY turn out to be a good appoinment.

We finished ninth i know, but i reckon a lot of the season would of had Randy having kittens, hence the 24 Million on Bent. He will not risk losing that investment.

Bent Meltdown....

Like somebody above said, Randy has invested 200 million into the club. Hes not going to put that at risk, by appointing somebody that MAY turn out to be a good appoinment.

We finished ninth i know, but i reckon a lot of the season would of had Randy having kittens, hence the 24 Million on Bent. He will not risk losing that investment.

he clearly loves villa too, would not wanna see villa fail or risk the club even if his investment wasnt at stake.

Bent Meltdown....

he clearly loves villa too, would not wanna see villa fail or risk the club even if his investment wasnt at stake.

Now, he may have chosen to try and sell to somebody whom can take us further, and if he that was the case (only i am saying it), then we have to be in the Premier League.

He could proberly double or treble what he bought it for.

Yes, Randy has the club at heart, but we forget that he is also a Buisines man, and he will be looking at things through that perspective. And thats another reason why i cant see us hiring a manager on hope :lol: