• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the timeframe for a prompt appointment has perhaps passed now. There's no need to panic or even be impatient, but we are definitely (and predictably) heading towards the realms of dithering.

I dont understand why it is all ridiculous. Randy/PF are appointed a new manager, its an important decision and they are doing it properly like any business would. Check who is keen, shortlist, speak to those shortlisted and then make a decision. All we know is RM declined to be interviewed as did CA. We also know Rafa asked for £60m to spend and that is it.

Actually all we know is Rm declined an interview. Nobody has confirmed Benitez has been spoken to or that Ancellotti has been approached.

Christianity has kept things going for 2000 years without replacing their manager, although it is expected particularly in certain states of the US. Please get a grip we know nothing and yet people peer into the abyss and see all sorts of things, generally it is a reflection of yourself. Please, Randy has invested HIS money into our club, he has spent a huge amount of time and energy and it is simply puerile for people to hide behind message board anonymity to slag him off. Still think it's Hughes.

Manchester City have now changed the PL and basically left it that 4 or 5 teams will be fighting it out for that last CL spot from now on, Arsenal,Spurs,Liverpool and anyone else who fancies pushing for it. So basically 7th place is not a bad position when you look at that competition, if we are around that pack every season I really don't mind, not long ago we were looking at possible relegation, we need a manager to keep us in the top 7 to begin with and maybe push for higher.

Moyes or Hughes would be that man.

I dont understand why it is all ridiculous. Randy/PF are appointed a new manager, its an important decision and they are doing it properly like any business would. Check who is keen, shortlist, speak to those shortlisted and then make a decision. All we know is RM declined to be interviewed as did CA. We also know Rafa asked for £60m to spend and that is it.

Actually all we know is Rm declined an interview. Nobody has confirmed Benitez has been spoken to or that Ancellotti has been approached.

Fair enough, even better.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.

This

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

He's not a very good manager remember.

Oh but from what I remember he's not a bad manager at all. Not a great manager, but decent. Take the top 7 managers on SkyBet for example (yes I know bookies odds mean jack shit)

McLeish

Grayson

Hughes

Moyes

Poyet

McClaren

Coyle

I'd say Ranieri is easily better for us than all of those bar Moyes and maybe Hughes.