• Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed, he is only rated because he's a likeable character

Yeah, nothing at all to do with taking Cagliari to Serie A. Or taking post-Maradona Napoli to the top 4. Or taking Fiorentina back to Serie A and making them a force again. Or building one of Valencia's best teams. Or laying the groundwork for Mourinho's Chelsea. Or keeping a piss-poor Parma side in the top-flight by a comfortable distance. Or rejuvenating Roma.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.

This

So true though. We need to relax.

It doesn't help though when you have Talksport slagging off Villa at every given opportunity and the fans. However, some of it I agree with...As much as it pains me to say it as i hate talkSPORT, some of the abuse from fans I have seen especially on twitter is disgusting. Gives us a bad name

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

He's not a very good manager remember.

And his achievements.

he didn't win anything when he was at chelsea

and thats the only club he has managed......

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

And his achievements.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a fan of managers like Hughes and Allardyce who have also won zilch?

The board are too soft for my liking. I mean what's this about sending letters to ask the club for permission of speaking to the manager? Are we in the 1950's or something? Dave Whelan used this soft approach to his advantage and made our club a laughing stock, while Wigan are getting praise with possible higher ticket sales etc. where as our potential candiates, sponsors etc will be more wary.

They have to come out of the top all this or else they would prove the media right. At the moment, I can't see how Randy is gonna turn this around. I mean the statement on the OS clearly states Roberto's qualities as a young and aspirational manager ensured him of a position high on our short list new managers.

That's not really hopeful is it? You mean they're gonna interview someone lower than him? The current names floating around would make you think we were in the Championship. :?

Some people need to step out of the Randy love nest and think outside the box. It's not pretty at the moment.

why dont we make some money on laying bets by starting a rumor on another manager to get it ...........everyone else is doing it..........i hear gary waddock has been approached and is traveling up to villa park tonight to finalise things but he has to agree to sell the whole first team and then use the reserves ...........wow would be a great appointment and im putting £1000 on him as im ITK....[/quote

Bloody hell that was quick, I work at Heathrow T5 and was chatting to Gary Waddock's cousin (who also works here) this morning and as I left I jokingly said "I don't suppose he'd be interested in managing the Villa" and now his name jokingly gets put forward.

The board are too soft for my liking. I mean what's this about sending letters to ask the club for permission of speaking to the manager? Are we in the 1950's or something? Dave Whelan used this soft approach to his advantage and made our club a laughing stock, while Wigan are getting praise with possible higher ticket sales etc. where as our potential candiates, sponsors etc will be more wary.

They have to come out of the top all this or else they would prove the media right. At the moment, I can't see how Randy is gonna turn this around. I mean the statement on the OS clearly states Roberto's qualities as a young and aspirational manager ensured him of a position high on our short list new managers.

That's not really hopeful is it? You mean they're gonna interview someone lower than him? The current names floating around would make you think we were in the Championship. :?

Some people need to step out of the Randy love nest and think outside the box. It's not pretty at the moment.

His £200m+ investment in Villa love nest?

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

And his achievements.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you a fan of managers like Hughes and Allardyce who have also won zilch?

hughes no, allardyce yes, allardyce certainly hasn't worked with calibre of players that ranieri had at chelsea

Yeah, nothing at all to do with taking Cagliari to Serie A. Or taking post-Maradona Napoli to the top 4. Or taking Fiorentina back to Serie A and making them a force again. Or building one of Valencia's best teams. Or laying the groundwork for Mourinho's Chelsea. Or keeping a piss-poor Parma side in the top-flight by a comfortable distance. Or rejuvenating Roma.

Quoting this incase it got missed at the bottom of the page. Very good post.

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

And his achievements.

hughes no, allardyce yes, allardyce certainly hasn't worked with calibre of players that ranieri had at chelsea

If we thought Mon's footy was direct, he is nothing compared to Allardyce.

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

And his achievements.

personally, i don't care about the style of football as long as it gets results

Quoting this incase it got missed at the bottom of the page. Very good post.

Good manager, unfairly patronised and made a comedy character at end of chelsea reign.

You're joking, right?
He's Italian remember.

And his achievements.

personally, i don't care about the style of football as long as it gets results

I do when we arent realistically going to win anything, especially next season, the quality of the football is paramount.

So? He's not done anything remarkable in his career. Why is he so rated on here?