• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

Villa will wait to stop the uncertainty rather than do it straight away - what the benefit unless they are waiting for Hughes?

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a really bad feeling this Simon Grayson stuff has some substance to it. It's just far too random for people to go putting enough money on him up in Yorkshire for him to jump to favourite.

Why would they give a shit unless they knew something?

Conversely it could turn out to be an inspired appointment...we just don't know at this stage.

this.

I saw this on Twitter this morning and thought it was odd.

But the guy has a life as well, perhaps he has a family thing he needs to go to.

Whilst I would love for it to 'all be sorted', I am not sure this sort of deal can be done this smoothly without it being broken.

Got a really bad feeling this Simon Grayson stuff has some substance to it. It's just far too random for people to go putting enough money on him up in Yorkshire for him to jump to favourite.

Its all random. Thats the point.

Nobody knows anything. Rumours and speculation, bookies trying to second guess the outcome and ITK's rehashing titbits of juicy news that may or may not have substance to it. The list of so-called favourites for the job seems to grow day by day!!

For all we know one of those little 'snippets' of gossip may just be right on the button, but we ain't going to know. Its all too random.

Saw this morning that Mat Kendrick was having the weekend off, in what seems to be a busy time at Villa park or is it not as busy as we are led to believe?

Considering that MK was the one that broke GH sacking before anyone else in the country and was given plaudits from national press for this story you would think he would want to be around in order to break the story of who is going to be the new manager.

This makes me think that he knows that nothing is going to happen over the weekend, possibly been tipped off as when some press releases are occuring. Link this with the TheTrees stating that RL has left the country does this mean that everything is sorted and it is just a matter of getting the timing right for an Aston Villa unveiling?

Obviously this is all speculation but it just strikes me as funny that a professional like MK would not be available to report on the BIGGEST story in sport at the present moment, if the news broke over the weekend regarding a new manager, cos he's having a couple of days at home?

What do you think?

This is what I was speculating earlier. I wont be expecting anything on Monday but I wouldn't be surprised if there was somebody already lined up to be revealed then.

Why is Alex Mcleish Favourite ffs?

Dunno why people would put money on him becoming our next manager. He aint that good and manages SHA ffs. There would be hell to pay from the fans if he is appointed.

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.

This

So true though. We need to relax.

It doesn't help though when you have Talksport slagging off Villa at every given opportunity and the fans. However, some of it I agree with...As much as it pains me to say it as i hate talkSPORT, some of the abuse from fans I have seen especially on twitter is disgusting. Gives us a bad name

Spot on! What pisses the media off is that they don't know. They have made a big deal of Martinez 'turning down the job' but I think the reality was we wanted to speak to him about the role,along with a few others.

Listening to that rocket polisher Marcotti on Talksport in the car this afternoon makes my blood boil.

I spoke to some guy from Betfred earlier. And when I told him that the names in the frame; ie: McLeish & Grayson were just fabricated rumours, he said A.Villa are farcical. Just goes to prove that the media & bookmakers haven't a clue whats going on, and are throwing digs at Villa in retaliation in any which way they can. Its called business guys! Professionalism - being very literate, skilled, accomplished and proficient in what you do business wise. They could learn a thing or two about how RL conducts himself.

to get you punters putting money on them the more they can hype the more they recoup

Aston Villa wouldn't gain a great deal from dragging it out... William Hill, Coral, Ladbrokes, etc.. would be the only ones who really benefit.

For those saying how long we're taking, etc etc.. Chelsea still haven't confirmed theirs yet either.

I've got a bet on Hughes to Chelsea, so I'm hoping it's them who are waiting for him.

Lets put a bit of realism back into this site, fact is we let Houllier go, you really think we'll replace him with Simon bloody Grayson, who by the way is an awful manager. The reason they're linked is due to Martinez turning down an interview.

What points to Grayson being a bad appointment? This is the problem, everyone wants to critiscise before anyone is given a chance, hes done a reasonable job at leeds

Amazing, mclaren gets dismissed and this chump gets welcomed.

FFS how would they know anything before us???

Also on the betting there is not much difference in the bets hence why they're swapping around easily. I think it's time for us to be patient and ignore all the bullshitters. In Randy We Trust which we should all do instead of listening to Durham.

Hughes is as midtable as they come with an average finish of 10th then?

sums it up[ perfectly and factually.

Thanks for doing the number crunching to back up my point, i should have been but really couldnt be bothered.

6th,7th and 10th with his 3 full seasons with Blackburn 8th with his one at Fulham. Martin O'Neill hasn't achieved any more.

6th,7th and 10th with his 3 full seasons with Blackburn 8th with his one at Fulham. Martin O'Neill hasn't achieved any more.

I have never held MoN up as a beacon of brilliance. His net spend for 6th place finishes is poor IMO