• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It's all going to end in tears, one poor result, one comment out of context and it'll all kick off again. There's going to be a negative atmosphere in the ground which will affect the players and you are going to have goons fighting amongst themselves in the crowd. It's going to be like that Fulham FA Cup tie towards the end of Gregory, only every week.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Birmingham have a terrible youth academy. It's not exactly surprising he didn't use any of their kids. They certainly don't have anyone of the calibre of Bannan, Albrighton or Clark.

they used to but they don't now, mcleish gave nathan redmond his debut last season at the age of 16

but we usually get the pick of the better kids because our facilities etc they come to us first, there will always be a few that get first team places but in comparison their youth system is woeful compared to ours.

Poyet would have been a great appointment.

No sense at all in appointing McLeish.

All-time low for me

I agree...Poyet would have been a great appointment.

But were you saying that three weeks ago?? I doubt it.

Hindsights a wonderfull thing aint it.

Yes!!!!!!!!!

And Birmingham have a terrible youth academy. It's not exactly surprising he didn't use any of their kids. They certainly don't have anyone of the calibre of Bannan, Albrighton or Clark.

It is pretty poor yeh, even Phillips said so at some point this year too.

Think which is stronger, your love for Aston Villa or your hatred for McLeish. That will give you an idea on what you should do.

I read that on twitter earlier. And it sums things up perfectly.

Hatred for mcleish? What's he done wrong? Left blues for a bigger club to improve his career. Hatred, grow up ffs.

People talk as if he is a rapist or something.

It's the board you should be pissed off at, they have handled this appallingly. Mcleish has done nothing wrong.

I have absolutely nothing against McCleish, in fact I quite like him as a character and the way he presents himself. In fact when I read posts like 'smug ginger clearing in the woods' etc, it concerns me. Lets face it, my current opinion of him may have been different had we not trounced them for the most part under his management.

I don't think the hate-filled vitriol is at all necessary, the fact is he should not be appointed because he does not appear to be a good enough manager for a club of our assumed ambitions.

Think which is stronger, your love for Aston Villa or your hatred for McLeish. That will give you an idea on what you should do.

Hatred for mcleish? What's he done wrong? Left blues for a bigger club to improve his career. Hatred, grow up ffs.

It's the board you should be pissed off at, they have handled ghos appallingly. Mcleish has done nothing wrong.

This :!:

Never said a bad word against us, been complimentary such as when we beat SHA 5-1 and he even got them relegated twice :)

We shouldn't dislike him as a person, it's his achievements which are the problem and they are piss poor.

It's the board you should be pissed off at, they have handled this appallingly. Mcleish has done nothing wrong.

I agree with you. I quite like McLeish as you will see in my previous posts. What I meant is that its a good message to people who are that upset with his appointment to get behind the team whoever is in charge.

I agree with you. I quite like McLeish as you will see in my previous posts. What I meant is that its a good message to people who are that upset with his appointment to get behind the team whoever is in charge.

Fair play.

Just put £20 on Villa to be relegated at 21. Before its announced, once its confirmed no doubt it will be in the single figures.

and your a villa fan? sorry but despite it being mcleish how can anyone back there their team to go down. i thought i heard it all :suspect:

Lerner has been a shitty owner for the Browns and now it looks like it's rubbed off on Villa. I'm not terribly upset by the appointment, but the entire process was handled horrendously. In Cleveland he got Mike Holmgren, a great football mind, to take over operations. I think he needs the same here, to take a step back and just deal with the money.

Lerner has been a shitty owner for the Browns and now it looks like it's rubbed off on Villa. I'm not terribly upset by the appointment, but the entire process was handled horrendously. In Cleveland he got Mike Holmgren, a great football mind, to take over operations. I think he needs the same here, to take a step back and just deal with the money.

You say that like Lerner was previously head of ops before Holmgren.....he wasn't.

Aston Villa are a bigger club that to be hiring Alex McLeish..

Its got to the stage where we are all trying to now convince ourselves he is a good guy..

This is a sh_t appointmant make no mistakes..

Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal would not accept McLeish.

Its got to the stage where we are all trying to now convince ourselves he is a good guy..

of course they wouldn't which ever way you look at it they are bigger clubs than us, unfortunately.

The sad thing for me is that Randy and co have looked so clueless in the last few weeks. I still believe that Randy means well, but his almost total lack of judgement in a footballing sense is very worrying in the context of Aston Villa's future.

We are not on the same level as Liverpool and Arsenal, Spurs have the London pull.

Our nearest comparable is Everton.

Sky reporting that after some shock yesterday fans are coming round to the idea the McLeish is a good appointment!!!

I don't think so!!!!

All time low!!!!!

Those **** jokers are probably reading the arse end of this thread.