• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Are people seriously insulting Alex McLeish as a person on here? I haven't been reading the previous pages. I find it really disrespectful, ignorant and very juvenile.

Ok, we may not like the fact that Randy has trusted a guy who doesn't exactly fit the 'CRITERIA' of Prem Experience. I know we are all disappointed. I am absolutely gutted that he has been appointed. It doesn't sit well with me one bit. But give the man a break, it is not his fault that RL & PF have decided that a guy who teams have been known to play very insipid, bland, unattractive, dreary football is the man to generate a new exciting era at Villa Park.

He is an honest guy, always speaks and carries himself well very; has always been very complimentary to Aston Villa, & I do not think personal insults are the way to go. It shows a lack of respect to Aston Villa Football Club. Ok, there is a lot of animosity towards the board at the moment, and fans have every right to be a little disgruntled. But McLeish, regardless of whether he is the right man or not, deserves some respect. Treat people the way you wish to be treated.

Agreed - I don't want him as manager of my club ('cos he's not good enough) but he doesnt deserve some of the personal abuse

Randy has let the fans down - shame on you Randy

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just on the mcleish being ex-blues i feel thats a bit part thing to the argument like most fans have been saying it is mostly due to his poor record.

But to be far to Mcleish this is a maasive club to come to so he is hardly going to reject it is he main blame has to go to randy and faulkner (failer)

He has put his reputation on the line massively. If he fails he will be damaged goods. When you are a prem manager the money is so important but the ego and reputation is.

He already is damaged goods to an extent. He is as much a championship manager as he is a Premiership manager .

I bet he can't believe his luck that us mugs are running after him.

Having said that can't blame him for wanting the job.

He would have been high up on alot of Prem teams lists if they lost their manager (top 6 excepted). Good fit for Everton, Fulham were linked, etc

Ok chaps, Mcliesh is unveiled as manager and in the weeks that follow the signings of Dann, Foster, Adams and N'zogbia are announced and Downing commits to stay.

How do you feel and what would your expectations be for the season?

Let's worry about fantasyland a little later on

Just on the mcleish being ex-blues i feel thats a bit part thing to the argument like most fans have been saying it is mostly due to his poor record.

But to be far to Mcleish this is a maasive club to come to so he is hardly going to reject it is he main blame has to go to randy and faulkner (failer)

Maybe so but don't forget he has managed a club that is 'larger' than us.

Did he?

The reputation that he won the league cup last season as well as tons of pots in scotland (like a much heralded previous manager). Also the fact that so many people rate him in the game.

Also add to the fact that after last seasons relegation he will want to prove that with a stable board at a big club he can do great things.

So you think he is a positive, progressive appointment do you???

It's practically done now, so we might as well quit moaning and get behind the team. At the end of the day Randy will live or die (metaphorically) by this decision, he obviously is happy with McLeish, he seems to have taken advice from respected people within the game, so it's not like he just went right out and appointed him on a whim.

Judging by the posts in the three 'next manager' threads i'd say even if he'd appointed God as manager with Jesus as assistant and Hugh Hefner and his Playboy dollies as coaches there was no chance that all the fans would be behind him.

In anycase, surely this is not such a bad thing for us, and actually far worse for the Blues, how can noses ever claim to be better or bigger than us when their most successful manager of all time wanted the job at Villa so much that he resigned from the sty. Leaving the great unwashed in that way is something that should surely deserve us to hold him in higher esteem. As I said before, Ron Saunders is a Villa hero, and he left us and went to the blues, as did other legends such as Mortimer and Bremner, I think no less of them for that.

He's our manager now, so let's just give him a chance.

If you mean Rangers he was hounded out of there.

The first man to finish third in a two-horse race

Did he?

They compete in an easier league but there is no doubt Rangers are perceived non-biasedly as a 'bigger' club than us. Fans, expectations etc

He has put his reputation on the line massively. If he fails he will be damaged goods. When you are a prem manager the money is so important but the ego and reputation is.

He already is damaged goods to an extent. He is as much a championship manager as he is a Premiership manager .

I bet he can't believe his luck that us mugs are running after him.

Having said that can't blame him for wanting the job.

He would have been high up on alot of Prem teams lists if they lost their manager (top 6 excepted). Good fit for Everton, Fulham were linked, etc

you even believe what youre typing