• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

i'm not for one second say he'll come but i'd say it speaks volumes that No-one at Everton FC has come out to deny all these rumours,

As i said before the rumours are twitter and forum based. If it made mainstream media they would deny but not message board tittle tattle.

Likewise though there is no denial from Villa about an interest in mcleish and that is being reported all over the mainstream media. Id say that clubs dont bother with constant denials because once you start you will never stop. Well they denied the last one but not this one so it must be true.

Moyes has stated he wasnt interested, He has stated he will be at Everton as long as he is wanted what more do you want from him? Should he say Villa insider on twitter says this but its wrong, and as for that mystery man on twitter well he is wrong as well. Oh and i saw loiads of wrong stuff on villa talk whilst im at it.....

What you fail to understand Evertonia is that Villa do not do their business in public. At all. Ever. There will be no denials or comments beyond "no comment"

We told Sunderland when we signed Bent that if the news broke before the deal was done, it was off.

Everyone wins from Moyes moving. Everton get a nice bit of compensation, and much needed cash, DM gets a new challenge, Villa get there man.

I just worry that there will be some very very bitter Toffee's in Merseyside come the end of the week.......

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moyes is good, except for this weird quirk of being really rubbish for the opening of the season.

Give MON the first half of the season, and Moyes the second half of the season, and we'd be champions.

I think it would be much better if managers regenerated like in Doctor Who.

You know, Houllier collapses to the floor and we get to see him morphing into... someone good...

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

For what it's worth, RE all the "Moyes/EFC havnt made a statement" comments. Moyes is on holiday at the moment IF he was to make a statement it will be when he returns which is the end of this week (if reports are to be believed). Everton and Moyes have both previously stated that he is not interested/ not available. They can't keep coming out and denying it when there has been no real claims to respond to.

If there was actually anything factual to respond to then EFC might but as its all just been internet chatter there is no reason for the club or the manager to say anything they havnt already. Clubs up and down the country will not respond to every new unfounded story. For example there are more spurious rumours of Downing to LFC, do you expect the club to come out and deny it everytime this happens or do you think the initial denial is suffiecient?

As Stu The Villain said, I'm not sure of the fascination with Moyes as I can't see how he alone will take you to the next level.

On a seperate note, do Talkshite assess callers by who the biggest prick is as the so called Villa Fan on at the moment is saying "these amercan owners dont have a clue" "Randy has no passion for the club"

yeah i heard him too, they then went on to discuss how MON didnt get any transfer funds because the money was pumped into the north stand

ive listened to a fair bit of TS over the last week and slowly realised just how bad it is, if a villa fan phones in with a sensible arguement such as "you spent all of last week moaning how fan power stopped mcclaren getting the job and are now reporting randy ignores the fans to appoint mccleish" rather than confront that statement they'll ask "well who do you want" or something else that detracts from the callers point, mickey quinn especially is absolutely **** clueless i swear the man could turn a conversation about japanese killing dolphins into liverpool within a minute

I think they are only letting on those pro Mcleash!

By the way, to the person who just rang going on about Mcleash, you dick!

What you fail to understand Evertonia is that Villa do not do their business in public. At all. Ever. There will be no denials or comments beyond "no comment"

We told Sunderland when we signed Bent that if the news broke before the deal was done, it was off.

Everyone wins from Moyes moving. Everton get a nice bit of compensation, and much needed cash, DM gets a new challenge, Villa get there man.

I just worry that there will be some very very bitter Toffee's in Merseyside come the end of the week.......

Where to start. Firstly Everton dont win, they lose a very good manager who has built a squad. Second we dont need the cash as you put it. There is a manageable debt like all clubs have (villas is bigger than ours). Moyes new challenge would be the same as the last one, get a team into champs league from 7-10 spot.

3rd Villa dont do business in public but everton should? They havent denied because there is nothing to deny. All rumours are message board and twitter based.

Again. Moyes said not interested, Club insiders have said no chance, Moyes brother has said no chance. All this against two people whose identity we dont know, a few people on forums saying it and a load of people putting money on based on what they have read on said forums.

I cant see the fascination with Moyes to be honest.

If you view the alternative as McLeish it helps.

He's not the only alternative TBF

He isn't any kind of alternative.

Show me where Everton have made such a statement? Also you keep saying Moyes stated he isn't going, no doubt you'll point me to something he said in your local rag? Things change in football and i think the sooner you realise that the better, McLeish at the end of the season said he IS staying, guess what he's resigned, Mark Hughes said he was staying guess what he resigned too. Now I'm not saying Moyes, god i'm not even saying he'll be our manager but my point is Villa are in contact with Everton as that's what it's all pointing to in my opinion. I don't want to fall out with you guys but you keep spouting the same rubbish and trying to insinuate Villa are inferior or something that Moyes would turn up his nose at an opportunity, I honestly believe Moyes would want a chance to speak with us whether he gets that is another story and he would need a lot of persuading.

As I've said before, he said he wasn't interested while Houllier was still in post, which is exactly what you would expect him to say. As far as I'm aware he has made no comment about the Villa vacancy since Houllier left, which is unlike him. Whether this means he is coming to Villa or not is another thing, but his current lack of comment means something other than he is on holiday. If he was definitely out of the running he would have made a statement through EFC for the sake of Everton fans.