fifa 12

fifa09don

I've heard a few times when playing this online the commentator will say something about 'playing on his birthday' but I've never bothered to check it up, I got it again today playing as Roma with Nicolas Burdisso, checked his DOB, 12th of April. Nice touch Fifa :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep them in the academy as long as possible (your assistant manager will tell you when to promote them, as the player will start agitating for the first-team) as their potential will actually grow along with their current rating (at a better rate, as well). Once they're promoted to the first team, that maximum potential limit is locked in. From that point you should either throw them straight into the team if they're good enough (the highest rating I've ever managed to get a youth player to upon promotion to the first team was 69), get them on the bench if they're only good enough for the odd game and if they're not yet ready for either of those, loan them straight out.

Also worth noting you can make a decent haul from flogging off unwanted youth players as well, they only have to be half-decent to fetch ~£4m-£5m. When you come to offer them a pro-contract, it'll tell you what their market worth will be so you can guage if you want to sell them or not. On offering them the first contract, sometimes they keep rejecting your offers despite meeting the "recommended wage" amount. If you can't agree terms (or you simply ignore when your assistant tells you Joe Bloggs Jr wants to be promoted), then the player will leave your team. Don't fret though, they're not lost. Note the name of the player, then whenever the transfer window opens next check the free agents list ASAP and you should find them. At this point, they'll agree to far more sensible terms (and usually straight away). Weird, but it works in your favour so hey-ho. You can even apply the exact same tactic to your senior players; if you fail to agree terms, just pick them up for cheaper from the free agents list at the next window.

Yup. The only thing that makes it a little worthwhile is the expedition mode, where you create your own team and take 'em on tour, other then that it's extremely meh. How can you have a Euro 2012 game where the **** host nations haven't been licensed and you're using fake names and kits for the players? :bang:

There are actually fake names for the players? Think I'll be giving it a miss.

Downloaded the trial today and it seemed to **** up the game - keeps freezing before going into the main menu. It seems that EA are aware of this issue and working on it, but it's been a few days without any progress, which is typical. It appears there may be a quick fix in the meantime, but I couldn't be arsed as I only wanted to play a game or two on the demo between working.

I was going to buy this and have a 16 man tournament during the summer, but now I'm definitely not getting it. No qualification rounds, 24 of the 53 teams are unlicensed and so the players have fake names, notable absences including Wales, Serbia, Slovakia, Bosnia and H, Iceland. It just sounds like an abortion of a game that they have failed to get right, but are still selling because they know it'll get bought. I'm not surprised they chose to sell it as an expansion. Very disappointing, because I really enjoyed the World Cup 2010 game.

Anyone downloaded the Euro 2012 update?

I bought it cause I some points on my 360, in all honesty its an embarrassing release. Glich'd like mad, crashes on kit selection screen and causes my 360 to lock up.

The expedition mode I thought would be quite decent but I'm bored of it already after about 20 games.

Gameplay does feel different and for some reason they've changed the camera angle too.

On the whole not worth the 1600 points I paid.

Think I've stumbled across the formula for getting a mega-rich Aston Villa. I'd done it once before, after starting a career in charge of Wigan. Avoided relegation in season 1 (during which Villa were taken over), then finished comfortably mid-table in season 2 and was offered the Villa job with +£100m transfer budget. Seems this work every time, as I started another career mode with Wigan last night (post January squad update) and Villa got taken over again in season 1. I'm at the start of season 2, have to see if I get offered the job at the end of it.

Why have they taken off the ability to quit in the first 5 minutes so you don't take the loss? I know some people abuse it if they go 1-0 down early, but I started a game in which the connection was so bad it was unplayable. I get the loss for his crappy internet, seems fair.

Why have they taken off the ability to quit in the first 5 minutes so you don't take the loss? I know some people abuse it if they go 1-0 down early, but I started a game in which the connection was so bad it was unplayable. I get the loss for his crappy internet, seems fair.

As the saying goes "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" People just abused it too much. The forums always had posts about removing it. Now they removed it and people who quit for legit reasons (Lag) get punished.

As the saying goes "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" People just abused it too much. The forums always had posts about removing it. Now they removed it and people who quit for legit reasons (Lag) get punished.

I'm glad they've done it, the amount of times I've had to not score on a clear scoring attempt in the first 5 minutes, or scored and had them quit is crazy. I never seem to get on the other end of it either.

I agree with it tbh, I always take a while to look at latency to see if it dips, I don't often get lag unless I'm playing a Russian or someone in China.

So often you got a scoring opportunities with less than 5 gone and you'd have to miss on purpose.

Â