fifa 12

fifa09don

Depends on the player, but generally you should see some improvement around 19-20 years. Obviously, they'll develop quicker if they're in the starting line-up, but they do still grow on both the bench and in the reserves (though it's advisable to loan out rather then keeping a youngster stuck in the reserves).

It is such an improvement on 11, it somewhat beggars belief. I keep expecting to find some total enthusiasm-killer or game-crippling bug but I've only encountered one or two very minor cosmetic things that don't really impact at all and I am continual impressed at the amount of depth compared to previous iterations.

Also, though I was proper **** off at Malonga-gate, deep-down I was nowt but impressed that they'd even put the "Ra ra ra, I'm too big for your club" feature in.

There definitely is some bugs in CM mode though mate, here's what happened to me last night.

Doing a career mode as Villa and needed a bit of creativity in midfield. Saw James Milner available for transfer. Bingo. Agreed the fee for him and offer him £10k more wages than he was on. That should do the trick.

Anyway, get an email to say he's agreed to join arsenal. The very next email says James Milner has agreed to your terms ? Anyway, click yes to accept and it says congratulations, James Milner has agreed to join, even get 10xp for signing a top player.

On the news feed, there's 2 different stories, one saying hes signed for villa and one saying he's signed for arsenal ! When I look for him in my squad list, he's not there but he is showing up in my transfer > sell player screen. What's worse, the £16.5m and his £110k wages have come off too for a player I can't use.

Hope they fix it but if it happens again, probably best to reject the player instead. How this shit gets past testing is beyond me.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you always play as Villa, PieFacE?

Yeah i do. And i seem to always be playing Santos. Neymar is a little **** :lol:

Back down to Division4, major losing streak, cant defend anymore... cant get a win, dunno what to do :(

Thinking about giving up on this game now. Just cant defend at all and constantly losing is no fun. **** knows how i made it ot Div2.

Cant get the hang of it, people just seem to walk through my defense and i cant seem to apply pressure to anyone without leaving massive gaps.

Gutted dude! Don't give it up, if anything try out different teams. I think I've played about 23 games all with Villa now but getting bored so going to try mixing it up a bit. Somebody mentioned Schalke 04 and Bayern so willing to give them a try.

I took your advise and kept going.... on a bit of a winning streak now! I'm now in Division1 and ranked 935! Kept on as Villa too!

You try any other teams?

Do you always play as Villa, PieFacE?

Yeah i do. And i seem to always be playing Santos. Neymar is a little **** :lol:

Back down to Division4, major losing streak, cant defend anymore... cant get a win, dunno what to do :(

Thinking about giving up on this game now. Just cant defend at all and constantly losing is no fun. **** knows how i made it ot Div2.

Cant get the hang of it, people just seem to walk through my defense and i cant seem to apply pressure to anyone without leaving massive gaps.

Gutted dude! Don't give it up, if anything try out different teams. I think I've played about 23 games all with Villa now but getting bored so going to try mixing it up a bit. Somebody mentioned Schalke 04 and Bayern so willing to give them a try.

I took your advise and kept going.... on a bit of a winning streak now! I'm now in Division1 and ranked 935! Kept on as Villa too!

You try any other teams?

I'm in division 6 now. I played a game as Schalke which I won and Bayern which I lost. It doesn't feel the same so I'm back with Villa, my rightful team. :D

Div 6 progress so far: W:1 D:1 L:1. Could be my hardest season yet...

Getting fed up of playing against the computer now, they just seem to be able to walk through your defense at will while they are absolutely impossible to break down. I'm into my second season as the Villa after playing at semi-pro in my first, switched the difficulty up to pro and I've managed 2 points from 9. I used to play FIFA 10 and 11 on legendary! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

I think the new defending is definitely hitting some people harder than others. I'm doing pretty damn well on pro and will probably ramp it up next season, but I haven't had to adjust my defending style very much from how I usually play. 'Tis annoying when they just go on silly dribbles past everyone though.

I'm in division 6 now. I played a game as Schalke which I won and Bayern which I lost. It doesn't feel the same so I'm back with Villa, my rightful team. :D

Div 6 progress so far: W:1 D:1 L:1. Could be my hardest season yet...

Nice one! Yeah I seem to only be able to play as Villa, everything else just feels wrong. I take great delight in scoring with Gabby! Doing it with Robben or someone else just feels like cheating.

I often find that I go on complete winning streaks or complete losing streaks, depending on my mood. I think different moods effect my defending.

You got to division 1 using Villa? Fair play! I haven't played many games online yet. I'm up to division 8 at the moment and I'm already fed up of playing against Real Madrid and Barcelona.

Yeah I did... Won 2 and lost 1 in there. In division 1 you need 20 points to win the league. I need to win 5 of my next 7 games to achieve it. Going to be tough!

Ranked 917 though.... going for the top! :lol:

I really need to give the game a rest though...

I find Legendary tough but still do well, only played about 7 games all together on FIFA but think I've pretty much sussed the defending. Don't get why it's so tough for people!
It's not so much the defending, but rather the opposition dribbling. It's just ridiculous. The closer to your goal they get the more elaborate dribbles they manage to pull off. You can rarely tackle them. It's like the computer reacts to the buttons you press and alters its path according. For example, if you attempt a slide tackle the minute you press that slide tackle button the opposition player will instantly move out of the way.

Ever since this game has come out Fifa 11 online seems to full of absolute rocket polishers.

In what way?

Bringing goalies out all the time no matter what the situation or where on the pitch.

Shielding the ball for the last 10 mins if leading.

Just doing random tricks to get past people.

Being incredibly dirty and sliding in on everything.

Watching every single replay.

im getting to div 1 then im quitting to play UT

theres too many words removed that pass the ball around when they take the lead, its the most frustrating thing ive had in a game

wish there was a way to ban them but oh well, not enjoying h2h at all

Some people make no sense on this, played somebody who went with a 5-4-1, I had no plans to just go for it and let him catch me on the counter, beat him 1-0 and made sure I kept the ball so he couldn't get on the counter. At the end of the game he sends me a message saying I play boring. :lol:

It is full of dicks online in the higher leagues, losing the will to play anymore.

There are two aspects of this game that really piss me off - opposition dribbling (which I've already mentioned) and opposition heading. The former is often very hard if not impossible to defend against, especially in your own penalty area, while the latter is impossible to defend against full stop. I'm constantly conceding goals in the exact same way - an opposition winger will get the ball and go on the usual Messi-esque run down the wing. Your defenders are often powerless to stop him. Then, said opposition winger will cross the ball into the box where an opposition striker will be waiting to head the ball home. As I said, the latter is impossible to defend against. It's all so predictable. The worst thing about it though is that you often can't prevent it.

Â