fifa 12

fifa09don

Does anyone bother with quick tactics?

I do, but I only ever use all-out attack or defence depending on how the game's going. In tight games, if I go a goal up I have been known to switch to 5-4-1, go ultra-defensive and park the airbus. th_trollface_emoticon.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some trick to using/defending against through balls? Most of mine get intercepted by the opposition with ease yet most of theirs go through perfectly while the chuckle brothers stand there ball watching.

Had a beast of a game online earlier against Newcastle. Whoever it was certainly knew how to use Best. He was pulling my back four apart and everything.

Anyway, it was 3-0 to him at half-time and I ended up winning 4-3 with Gabby scoring a hat-trick. Absolutely epic game and I was fist-pumping after the comeback.

I hate the defending...I could be 5-0 up and lose 5-6. I really get mad at this defending poop, I can't grasp it and the game seems biased to the cpu xD.
Oh yeah, it's definitely biased. Apart from the dribbling which I've already gone over, even when you do manage to tackle opposition players, the ball will fly straight into the feet of an opposition player. It takes me on average about 2 or 3 successful tackles to actually get the ball.

Still not sure about this, it sounds like no one can do the defending bit.

I can jockey, use the AI to help me with RB and also use the D pad to change tactics, however I still have issues with being able to beat people on the attack.

played the demo again and beat Olympic Lyon 1-0.....with Barcelona!

took me until 65 minutes to have 1 shot on goal to which I scored (header from a cross).

it seems that everytime I get close enough to tackle they just alter their path instantly. really annoying because when you are running in for the tackle you can't alter direction and keep running for ages.

It does seem similar to FIFA10 though (the last one I had) because jockeying etc was in that.

the single player game is rubbish imo, a step back from last year - every game whether im 5-0 up or drawin 1-1 the computer has a spell of around 15 mins in the second half where i have 0% possession - this seems to be the case whether i am playing on legendary/world class or even semi pro

i dont think i have ever had more than 45% posssession in a game

luckily i ventured into pro clubs for the first time since fifa 11 last night and it was a laugh so i am no longer thinking about trading the game in

I played last night for 3-4 hours and seem to have gotten the hang of the defending, it reminds me of Fifa 10, in Fifa 11 you could pretty much just hold A (xbox) and you could tackle anyone without fouling them so this is a little more realistic as you have to think about a tackle before you do it. I conceded about 5 penalties last night, but I think I'm getting better at it :P Had a good run on Ultimate Team last night aswell, in 9 games I won 7, drew 1 and lost 1! :D

Scraped into 4th on goal difference at the expense of Liverpool. :hooray:

Had a brown trouser moment in the ECC qualifying round though, got RB Salzburg in the draw so I arrogantly sent out the kids to do the job; at half-time I was 2-0 down and my entire back-line was getting torn apart by Dušan Švento. A frantic rethink turned back the tide though.

Splurged a lot of money on Cahill (to replace the ageing Dunne) and Nathaniel Clyne (seems like he's the best young English RB in the game so far), so I've decided to hold off on pimping the Youth Academy for a few seasons yet and do my own scouting.

IN

Gary Cahill (Bolton, £21m)

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace, £10m)

Kenneth Zohore (FC København, £3.7m)

Colin Coosemans (Club Brugge, £3m)

Sergey Krivets (Lech Poznań, £2.9m)

Marco Rojas (Melbourne Victory, £2.5m)

Jack Robinson (Liverpool, £1.5m)

Jean II Makoun (Olympiakos, Loan Return)

All bar Krivets, Clyne and Cahill are getting loaned straight back out for experience.

OUT

Shay Given (Notts Forest, £4.5m)

Benjamin Siegrist (Hibernian, £750k)

Nathan Delfouneso (Bolton, Loan)

John Brayford (Norwich, Loan)

Ross Barkley (Middlesbrough, Loan)

Nathan Baker (Crystal Palace, Loan)

Given's been on a rapid decline in addition to spending 4 months on the treatment table, so £1m over his market value seemed like a bargain. Siegrist hadn't developed at all whilst on loan, so he's been booted and Coosemans is now the great goalkeeping hope for the future.

Had a beast of a game online earlier against Newcastle. Whoever it was certainly knew how to use Best. He was pulling my back four apart and everything.

Anyway, it was 3-0 to him at half-time and I ended up winning 4-3 with Gabby scoring a hat-trick. Absolutely epic game and I was fist-pumping after the comeback.

Are you sure it wasn't Demba Ba who was the beast? Whenever I play Newcastle he seems unstoppable. He has strength, pace and a powerful shot on him. Feels like he's rated as good as Messi!

My online record stands at 11-4-3. I use the default formation (4-4-1) because I can't find anything else that works for me. I must say I'm still getting frustrated when I can't put teams away. Yesterday for example, I destroyed this one kid who played as that Russian team, and I mean destroyed in possession and shots. He somehow managed to just put the simplest of through balls through so he was 1 on 1 (WTF?) and he scored even though somehow it went straight at Given?

Midway through the second half I got a penalty, somehow he managed to save it, I got the rebound, thought it would be a straight tap in but superman of a keeper saves that aswell. Bullshit.

I eventually scored and drew 1-1 with him. What pissed me off the most was he COULD NOT defend. You know when you see people press the tackle button or just slide because they are that lost. Then again, I must be shit for not capitalizing on it.

:angry:

Scraped into 4th on goal difference at the expense of Liverpool. :hooray:

Had a brown trouser moment in the ECC qualifying round though, got RB Salzburg in the draw so I arrogantly sent out the kids to do the job; at half-time I was 2-0 down and my entire back-line was getting torn apart by Dušan Švento. A frantic rethink turned back the tide though.

Splurged a lot of money on Cahill (to replace the ageing Dunne) and Nathaniel Clyne (seems like he's the best young English RB in the game so far), so I've decided to hold off on pimping the Youth Academy for a few seasons yet and do my own scouting.

IN

Gary Cahill (Bolton, £21m)

Nathaniel Clyne (Crystal Palace, £10m)

Kenneth Zohore (FC København, £3.7m)

Colin Coosemans (Club Brugge, £3m)

Sergey Krivets (Lech Poznań, £2.9m)

Marco Rojas (Melbourne Victory, £2.5m)

Jack Robinson (Liverpool, £1.5m)

Jean II Makoun (Olympiakos, Loan Return)

All bar Krivets, Clyne and Cahill are getting loaned straight back out for experience.

OUT

Shay Given (Notts Forest, £4.5m)

Benjamin Siegrist (Hibernian, £750k)

Nathan Delfouneso (Bolton, Loan)

John Brayford (Norwich, Loan)

Ross Barkley (Middlesbrough, Loan)

Nathan Baker (Crystal Palace, Loan)

Given's been on a rapid decline in addition to spending 4 months on the treatment table, so £1m over his market value seemed like a bargain. Siegrist hadn't developed at all whilst on loan, so he's been booted and Coosemans is now the great goalkeeping hope for the future.

Thanks for your posts, I'm enjoying reading them and I've also picked up a few of your recommended players, Brayford, Movarak, Izaguirre and Diarra, all seem to be doing ok so far, do you think I should loan them out though as I can't really find space for them in the squad at the moment, except Izaguirre that is as he is an absolute monster (much to the dismay of Warnock who is crying like a little girl at me about game time :lol: )

I think the career mode is much improved on last year, it's more fun, more detailed and I love that it's a lot more difficult.

Yeah, anyone who's not playing loan out for the experience (and to keep them happy). My subs bench usually consists of my older players who I'm slowly phasing out but who still have good ratings (or any developing youngsters already rated 74+) but any future prospects in the reserves always get loaned out. I tend to hold out on loan offers as well until a really shit team comes in for the player, that way you can guarantee they'll get playing time.

One thing I do love about FIFA; every year without fail there's one or two bands I've never heard of that I get into as a result of the soundtrack. This year it's Digitalism, The Chain Gang Of 1974 and The Naked And Famous. 8)

I quite like the soundtrack, it's a bit different from last years, don't know any of the names of the tunes yet but there are different types of music on there for once rather than just Indie.

Â