fifa 12

fifa09don

I'd recommend for anyone who is struggling to score from crosses or in open play, to change their Crossing Assistance to "Semi Assisted" and their Shooting Assistance to "Semi Assisted" ... it takes a few games to get the hang of it, but once you do you can score some great goals, putting the ball exactly where you want it to go.

Still in Division 1 as Villa. Think Villa are a really good team to play as, because when getting paired against 4star teams you're right up there with the best.

I have one more game to play in div 1 to win the league for a third time.... need a win though to do it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a very bizarre game. I'm in my second season and it's been quite tight, with most of my wins being by a one goal margin. My previous three games were a 0-0 draw with Man City, 2-2 draw with Bayern Munich and a 4-2 win over Derby County. Then I go and beat Liverpool 8-1 (with Bent scoring 4 and Gabby scoring 3). I can't even begin to explain what happened. They actually took the lead first with one of those unstoppable headers from a corner. However, almost every time I attacked I could get a player through on goal. They must've been playing a really high line. Also, their keeper was absolutely shit. Virtually every shot went in. It literally seemed as if as soon as my first goal went in and it was 1-1 they completely gave up.

Very odd.

this has just pissed me off, needed a win to get promotion, last game of the league, beating LA galaxy with Duisburg 3-0, clock is on 88 mins and the clearing in the woods quits on me, the game then said that the result would be determined by how the game had gone until he quit, i go back into head to head league to find that i hadn't been promoted and that it had come to the conclusion that at 3-0 up on 88 mins i would have gone on to loose the fookin game. not happy.

this has just pissed me off, needed a win to get promotion, last game of the league, beating LA galaxy with Duisburg 3-0, clock is on 88 mins and the clearing in the woods quits on me, the game then said that the result would be determined by how the game had gone until he quit, i go back into head to head league to find that i hadn't been promoted and that it had come to the conclusion that at 3-0 up on 88 mins i would have gone on to loose the fookin game. not happy.

That sucks. I encountered my first quitter today. I was up 1-0 in the 20th minute and fifa gave me the 3-0 win. I was happy about that one

@ PieFacE... You must have ALOT of patience! There is no way that I could get to division 1 with Villa without having a mental break down. They are too slow at the back. I dominate the game, hit the post about 5 times then the other person will play it over the top or play a simple through ball and I can't catch them and end up losing! I felt like ejecting the disk and snapping it earlier.

Yeah I get terrible lag sometimes and I hate it. I have missed to many goals due to lag. I rounded the keeper with Gabby and then everyone froze for about 2 seconds and all of a sudden Gabby just basically spawned 10 feet forward and the ball dribbled out of bounds. I was so mad. Another stupid lag caused me to concede a goal. The guy was attacking and I pushed up with Dunne and then again the game froze and all of a sudden the guy was behind Collins and Dunne and scored with ease. I ended up winning 3-1 with 2 very late goals. That would have been my first non victory and I would have been beyond pissed if it was caused by lag.

@ PieFacE... You must have ALOT of patience! There is no way that I could get to division 1 with Villa without having a mental break down. They are too slow at the back. I dominate the game, hit the post about 5 times then the other person will play it over the top or play a simple through ball and I can't catch them and end up losing! I felt like ejecting the disk and snapping it earlier.

I won the League 1 title twice last night!

The key is to just not do any defending with your defenders if that makes sense.

Do ALL your closing down with midfielders, if they get past the midfield, bring all your midfielders back but don't move your back 4 out of position. Sometimes when playing against Eto'o ... they just chip-through ball it and you just cant catch him up. That's a real ****. You just have to score more goals than they do :D

If you're having problems scoring too, as i mentioned on the previous page, try changing your shooting assistance to semi assisted in the controller settings. It's far more accurate.

I was on a huge losing streak til i changed to....

4-2-2-2

----- Petrov ----- Jenas -----

N'zog ------------------- Ireland

--------Gabby ----Bent ------

Seems to work really well, give it a go!

^

I've been using 4-2-2-2 as well. It does seem to work well but I seem to concede a lot of goals as well.

Is that because you kinda struggle with defending, or that the formation leaves you too exposed?

Certainly when playing humans (I've not played the AI) you can start to predict what people are going to do when on the ball, when they're going to cut back, which way they will turn once they receive the ball etc etc.... when you figure that side of the game out, the defending gets quite simple. I pretty much just permanently hold the jocky button which works for me, but everyone is different....

^

I've been using 4-2-2-2 as well. It does seem to work well but I seem to concede a lot of goals as well.

Is that because you kinda struggle with defending, or that the formation leaves you too exposed?

Certainly when playing humans (I've not played the AI) you can start to predict what people are going to do when on the ball, when they're going to cut back, which way they will turn once they receive the ball etc etc.... when you figure that side of the game out, the defending gets quite simple. I pretty much just permanently hold the jocky button which works for me, but everyone is different....

I dunno. It's not that I struggle with the defending it's just that at times opposition players will go on runs and you literally cannot stop them. That and I have a habit of mucking around with the ball in defence. :lol:

had a ridiculous game last night, lost 8-5 against arsenal. never seen the likes of it, neither of us could defend for beans, and bad and all as that defeat looked, had i taken half of my clear cut chances id have scored 20... he managed to score with 8/12 attempts

As i'm crap at crossing I go for 4-3-1-2 with Jenas as a holding midfielder. Tend to use this for online and offline and doing alright so far from the limited time i've played it. Really like Delph on the game, think he's one of the quickest central midfielders in the whole game...!

Given

Hutton Dunne Collins Warnock

Jenas ( CDM )

Delph ( LCM ) Bannan/Ireland ( RCM)

N'zogbia ( ACM )

Gabby Bent

As mentioned before, you have to have at least 1 CDM in your team, its amazing the difference they make in tracking back. If you play with just 2 regular CM's, it leaves you massively open.

I'm absolutely fuming with this game now! My manager mode has decided to stop working. I loaded it up, went to next match and it made me go to team management as I had an injured player. Went to squad and half of my starting 11 players were missing and I had no subs or reserves. The subs were all called GK 10 and had a random overall like -2456776543! When I scrolled down onto the bench Fifa crashed and I had to turn my ps3 off and on again. Tried it again, same thing happened. I was almost half way through my 2nd season and building a decent squad. Proper annoyed me this has because I'm not starting a new one. Looks like I'll be trading it in next week to get Battlefield cheap!

This game is actually shit. So, so flawed. I've put a lot of hours into it now and it's sad to have come to this conclusion but I think I'm going to trade it in and give pro evo a go. I liked it at first and thought I'd get used to the idiosyncrasies but it's actually just awful. The attackers are way too overpowered, and scoring on the break with simple one-two moves is far too easy. There's only one effective way to play. I loved FIFA 11 and I thought they'd upgraded it but they've got the basics all wrong on this.

You can avoid getting done by the simple one-two moves. You just have to anticipate it before they do it. People tend to do it in the same situations all the time. It's quite simple to defend once you work out how.

Â