Italian Football

Troglodyte

I think the Atalanta story is beautiful for mny reasons not just because of the horrible situation in Bergamo but footballing reasons too. 

The manager was a bit of a flop at Inter and a lot of the players arent young but have always been individually talented but maybe inconsistent for a top team and just clicked together. Gomez for example wouldn't be touched by an English xlub because his height.

They also have a brilliant academy that has been raided numerous times but they are always surviving. The fees they have brought in is incredible

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah, Napoli had a season a while back where they scored a lot but I doubt anyone has scored a 100 in modern times.

And it's not like it's a season with an unusual number of goals scored all around, they've just been fantastic at attacking. And that's with playing in the CL as well. Something that often derails smaller clubs.

Yeah Napoli got 94 in 16/17, incidentally the only other team to get 90 in modern times is Roma with 90 the very same season. Juve's best is 86 despite their total dominance.

• Like 1

Hopefully he'll get a fair crack at it at Juve next season.

A cappuccino with Sconcerti: Kulusevski is amazing, today's Valentino Mazzola

The best current player in Italy is Dejan Kulusevski , twenty years old last April, Swedish from Stockholm. We are impressed by his strength, by the race and by his ability to always be in the most useful position for the team. Now that post-virus fatigue is slowing down the game, it seems to have come from another world. I really remember very few with this difference. One was Ibrahimovic , another Pogba , in different spaces. The ability to combine technique, strength and team spirit is rare, they are details that put together make a champion.
to Juventus is a great buy . In my opinion it's a half-old half-moon,a modern Valentino Mazzola, from area to area . In Parma he plays midfielder when the team has the ball and goes up with the 4-3-3. When the others have the ball, he makes the right winger in midfield at five. Often it also falls on the line of defenders. An amazing player, with the strength and insistence of Pogba, but a more flexible physical magic, a happier way of being on the pitch. 

https://www.calciomercato.com/news/un-cappuccino-con-sconcerti-kulusevski-e-stupefacente-il-valenti-47979

• Like 1

Ronaldo is the 1st Juventus player to score 25 league goals in Serie A in 59 years. Quite incredible simce they probably won about 20 league titles in that time

• Like 1

Amazing statistic considering. I read a snippet about him finding the net with a free-kick for the first time in forty-something attempts as well; I suspect that sounds/looks worse than it actually is.  

I never manged to get as many games in this weekend due to garden centre visits and a day cooking for family. I will await the highlights on Premier Sports early this week for a full catch-up. I did watch Cagliari Atalanta though; Atalanta were not at their best yesterday but it was good to see Ilicic back. He was just starting to find his feet when the game ended. Cagliari impressed as they often do. I thought Marko Rog was exceptional and has been on a number of occasions I have watched him this season. 

Sampdoria got a good and expected win against SPAL. The commentator really needs to brush up on player names though. Karol Linetty is now Karol Litenny. 

Farcical scenes when Lazio threw away their title aspirations against Lecce.

Lazio captain Patricio sent off for biting a Lecce player in the arm in the 90th minute :D 

Old man Ibrahimovic still has some steam left. Goal (pen) and assist again tonight against Juve who are collapsing during a 5 min spell in the second half.

0-2 to 3-2 for Milan.

Edit: 4-2, can't be many times in the last decade that Juve concede 4 in the Serie A. Especially not in the same half.

Edited by sne

Still half an hour to go too.  They've scored 93 goals in Serie A this season so far (next highest tally is 68 by Inter and Lazio, Juve have 67) which is a ridiculous amount of goals for anybody to score, but especially a club with a budget as small as Atalanta.    Are they the dark horses for the Champions League this season?  They've got momentum, they will face  a PSG side who cannot possibly be match fit in the quarter final and the winner of Leipzig and Atleti in the semi. All the heavy hitters are on the other side of the draw so they'll all knock each other out and have to play an extra game.  I'm not saying Atalanta are going to do it, but will they ever have a better chance?

On 07/07/2020 at 22:45, sne said:

Farcical scenes when Lazio threw away their title aspirations against Lecce.

Lazio captain Patricio sent off for biting a Lecce player in the arm in the 90th minute :D 

Ever so classy club Lazio. It's like Robbie Savage FC. 

Ashley Young has looked good for Inter as has Candreva of late. 

Samp have pulled a decent gap now. I was impressed with Federico Bonazzoli's goals this week. Both are worth a watch. 

Being back on the road for work has put a dent in my Italian football evenings which is a shame. I'm having to resort to YouTube catch-up. That being said, my partner is out all day Saturday so Premier Sports 2 will be fixed on from later afternoon until night. 

Impressive from Verona in the first of the live games. Fiorentina have got themselves a player in Amrabat. Gollini was at fault for the Verona goal in my opinion. 

Game 2 is just about to begin. Looking forward to watching Francesco Caputo. 

• Like 1

I'm just so happy that Milan are starting to look good again.

Kessie since the break has looked on fire, and Theo Hernandez at left back looks like a world class star in the making.

Rebic is ticking along nicely and having Ibra around looks to be driving the professionalism up.

Â