Italian Football

Troglodyte

On 20/02/2020 at 22:09, Hornso said:

How did it come about that Inter and Atalanta have such a similar home kit, especially given they seem to be relatively close to each other?

Pure coincidence as far as I can tell.  Atalanta are actually called Atalanta Bergamasca and are the product of a merger between two clubs (unsurprisingly Atalanta and Bergamasca) one of whom played in blue and white, the other in black and white. The merger ended with blue and black.  This was a year before Inter were even founded. 

• Thanks 2

Been some cracking games the last week or so. I am looking forward to Torino Vs Lazio tonight. 

I am hoping Sampdoria can put a bit of distance between themselves and the bottom three with a win tomorrow against Lecce as well. 

• Like 1

Good win for Lazio last night. Just a shame Genoa could not keep it up for another half but to be expected. 

Immobile and Caicedo out for the next game against Milan after early and harsh first offence bookings. I could not really see how Immobile was going to get his hands/arms out of the way for the Torino penalty. Fairly consistent from Italian Officials all season though I suppose even though I would love to believe Juve are still paying off the referees. I thought Torino were very poor although I was impressed with Meite, and as ever, Andrea Belotti. 

Expecting a football feast tonight especially with four games to choose from. I will probably avoid both Milan teams and go for the more closely matched games in Bologna vs Cagliari and Fiorentina vs Sassuolo. 

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lazio has to be the least classy team in the world. I just can't find any team to compare that toilet with. 

On the pitch they are as good a team as can get. 

Off is bad, the neighbours aren't much better. Both use knives on innocent opposition fans. Few other scummy clubs about. Was reading yesterday Dortmund have a huge far right fan base

Disagree a lot with that. Roma fans are miles better than Lazio ones. Napoli Roma stuff has been nasty the last few years, and they all got their idiots, but Lazio comes across on another level of right wing words removed

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Disagree a lot with that. Roma fans are miles better than Lazio ones. Napoli Roma stuff has been nasty the last few years, and they all got their idiots, but Lazio comes across on another level of right wing words removed

Maybe google Spurs fans in Rome getting stabbed or what they did to Sean Cox in an unprovoked attack which has ruined his life

• Like 1

Atalanta still on a great run. Shame they really struggled at the start as it's feasible they could've been a few points off Juve now.

As small a chance as it is rooting for them in the CL after all Bergamo has gone through.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Atalanta still on a great run. Shame they really struggled at the start as it's feasible they could've been a few points off Juve now.

As small a chance as it is rooting for them in the CL after all Bergamo has gone through.

Great team to watch throughout. I think their game tomorrow against Napoli will be a good test for them. When Gomez and Ilicic get going it is just a joy to watch. I like watching Gollini' development too.  

The Golazzo Podcast covered Atalanta well, particularly their youth system and how much talent it churns out. A shame the podcasts are not very regular throughout the season or focussed on the current goings on. If anybody has other Italian Football Podcast recommendations, do let me know.  

Pleased with the Sampdoria win in a game that was effectively a spread out miniature penalty shoot-out. 

Federico Chiesa could not hit a cows backside with a banjo. Seems to have gotten worse as the season has gone on, albeit he is a young player. 

Impressed by Atalanta's Musa Barrow for Bologna against Cagliari. Sergio Floccari's goal against Milan is worth a watch as well as is Vicari's own goal. 

• Like 1

@VillaChris - your man Robin Gosens was a handful again last night. Atalanta were tactically spot on against Napoli I thought and just let them play in front of the defence. I laughed at Gattuso's post-match comments saying that there was too much talking on the pitch; all you could hear was him roaring the whole game. There was a great period in the first half when church bells were ringing which really emphasised the lack the crowd support.  

The Roma Udinese game was less of a spectacle. Roma were disjointed and played with no team fluidity; probably down to making eight changes and eventually having Diego Perotti sent off. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Only 2 goals scored for Atalanta thou, they are slipping. :D

82 league goals in 29 games is ridiculous. 

In Serie A as well. They could hit 100 and doubt many teams ever done that in Italy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In Serie A as well. They could hit 100 and doubt many teams ever done that in Italy

Yeah, Napoli had a season a while back where they scored a lot but I doubt anyone has scored a 100 in modern times.

And it's not like it's a season with an unusual number of goals scored all around, they've just been fantastic at attacking. And that's with playing in the CL as well. Something that often derails smaller clubs.

Â