Italian Football

Troglodyte

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

I am going in the start of next year, I have heard its not so difficult for Milan unless a major game or bizarrely Atalanta. Think better chance get a Milan ticket than Inter this season

Only an hour drive from Bergamo to Milan.

Probably why

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Apparently Inter and Atalanta are friendly and Milan and Brescia are

Funny thing, I've yet to meet an Italian taxi driver who wasn't a Juventus fan.

This goes for Bologna, Milan and Rimini. Every single cab driver was a Juve fan :D 

Granted it's not a huge selection but Juve really have a massive support 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

AC Milan. 16th in table. Such a sorry mess these days.

That team around 2003-05 of Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Kaka, Crespo and a few others I've forgotten probably my favourite ever squad of any club side.

Sad state. Growing up, like most of the kids at the time, we didn't have Sky in the 90s. Seen more of Villa on ITV in the Uefa Cup than i did live in the premier league. Channel fours coverage of Serie A was great. Grew up watching Milan. I'd even to say their early to mid 90s team was on a par with the great side you mentioned or maybe even better. Milan were 90s football. Owned it. Need to get their act together.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

AC Milan. 16th in table. Such a sorry mess these days.

That team around 2003-05 of Dida, Nesta, Maldini, Stam, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Kaka, Crespo and a few others I've forgotten probably my favourite ever squad of any club side.

Cafu, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Laursen 😉

Now they have 54 year old Pepe Reina and Fabio Borini on the books

• 2 weeks later...

Pioli to take over at AC Milan.

I'm guessing Inter didn't green light for Spalletti to go there as he is still under contract with them and they didn't want to let him join their city rivals. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just spent another thoroughly enjoyable two hours watching Cagliari play tonight.

They were 3-1 down at home to Sampdoria after 70 minutes. Won 4-3 with 95th minute winner.

Previous highlights have been 5-2 destruction of Fiorentina. They've also won 2-0 away to Atalanta, 1-0 at Napoli and drew 1-1 at Roma.

If any hipsters want a new trendy european team to follow I'd suggest them as their games are full of goals and incident. Radja Naingollan is a brilliant player to watch now he's back on form (he actually reminds me of Scholes when he's effortlessly spraying crossfield balls) and I've mentioned him before but Joao Pedro is a very talented forward, 9 league goals already.

Sheffield United on drugs they are.

On 28/09/2019 at 06:37, sne said:

Funny thing, I've yet to meet an Italian taxi driver who wasn't a Juventus fan.

This goes for Bologna, Milan and Rimini. Every single cab driver was a Juve fan :D 

Granted it's not a huge selection but Juve really have a massive support 

Had one in Rome who was, understandably, a Roma supporter. The thing I found interesting was that in Rome I walked by a couple Roma stores, but also at least one Juve store.

10 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Had one in Rome who was, understandably, a Roma supporter. The thing I found interesting was that in Rome I walked by a couple Roma stores, but also at least one Juve store.

Juventus are the Man Utd of Italy, they are so big and also so hated

• 3 weeks later...
Â