Italian Football

Troglodyte

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I only know of Atalanta as sort of a yo-yo club between Serie A and B.

What explains their impressive ascendancy? 

From what I've read and seen Gian Piero Gasperini has done a sorta Zdenek Zeeman revolution and is playing in a way no other team in Italy is.

Atalanta are a bit gung-ho by Serie A standards, but it's working. 

Current squad cost about £35m to put together. Pretty amazing.

Edit: Should also add that they have a very good youth program, think they even won the Primavere championship last season but might be wrong on that one. 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

What is Josep Ilicic, absolutely incredible this season.

I read Atalanta have the same wage budget as Reading. Their signings have been such value for the last 3 years.

Can we chuff Suso off and go and get their director of football to sort out our recruitment.

Edited by Tomaszk

7 hours ago, sne said:

Edit: Should also add that they have a very good youth program, think they even won the Primavere championship last season but might be wrong on that one. 

Has been the best academy in Italy for over 2 decades, think I saw they made profit of over 100million on academy player sales in last 4 years alone 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Has been the best academy in Italy for over 2 decades, think I saw they made profit of over 100million on academy player sales in last 4 years alone 

Impressive.

£37m of that coming with Kulusevski moving to Juve in January which is nice. He wasn't even deemed good enough to feature for then this season.

49 minutes ago, Hornso said:

How did it come about that Inter and Atalanta have such a similar home kit, especially given they seem to be relatively close to each other?

Not sure if its connected but the fans do have a relationship. Both hate Milan and Brescia which is Atalanta main rival

• 2 weeks later...

I imagine this was the last week with football (or anything else) in Italy for the foreseeable future.

No idea what they will do about the Champions League fixtures.

• Like 1

Dybala must be one of most unlucky footballers of all time.

Can barely get a start at international level due to Messi (he is 26 and has just 29 caps) and just when he was establishing himself as Juve's main man upfront they sign Ronaldo.:lol:

So with the Sarri love for Higuain he still starts some of Juve's big games as a sub like last night.

Lovely player to watch though.

• 3 months later...
Â