Italian Football

Troglodyte

AC Milan striker Cassano rushed to hospital after suffering 'stroke'

AC Milan striker Antonio Cassano has been admitted to hospital after falling ill and displaying symptoms 'similar to a stroke' following the 3-2 victory over Roma on Saturday.

The club has revealed the forward became ill on the flight home after the match and was immediately rushed to hospital.

A club statement read: 'AC Milan announce that Antonio Cassano was taken ill as the plane landed at the Malpensa airport from Rome.

'The player is being kept at the Policlinico in Milan for tests.'

Cassano made a substitute appearance for the Rossoneri in their win at the Stadio Olimpico which saw them stay two points behind leaders Juventus after nine matches.

He joined Milan from Sampdoria in January, has scored two goals and provided six assists in nine league appearances this term.

Milan travel to Minsk on Tuesday to take on BATE Borisov in their Champions League Group H fixture.

-Daily Mail

MILAN - AC Milan, according to medical reports of the Policlinico of Milan, have said that Antonio Cassano has experienced ischemic cerebral damage. The instrumental and neuroradiological examinations required 72 hours for their course and have highlighted the problem in the circumscribed area of the brain that did not result in persistent neurological deficits. The cause was identified in the presence of a patent foramen ovale septal heart, detectable only with sophisticated specialized investigations. The timing of therapy established has allowed a rapid recovery and improvement of clinical conditions that are good.

In the coming days the player will undergo a small surgical interventional cardiology (closure of the foramen ovale), the recovery time for return to playing will be better defined after the surgery, but probably will be a few months.

AC Milan gratefully acknowledges the facilities of the Polyclinic of Milan for what they are doing with great promptness and professionalism.

Galliani: I don't want to anticipate anything but presumably within 4, 5 or 6 mths Cassano should definitely have the ability to play again.

ACMilan.com

:(

From Ibrahimovic's book:

Chapter 1: "1st time Mourinho met my wife, he said to her: Helena, you have only one mission. Feed Zlatan, let him sleep, keep him happy!”

Ch. 1: About Guardiola constantly repeating himself before the CL-match vs. Inter: "He was like a parrot and I got dodgy vibes from him."

Ch. 1: "Playing videogames was a disease to me. When I was at Inter, I would sit up until 4 or 5 a.m, sleep 2-3 hours and then go train."

Ch. 2: "After the first Scudetto with Juve, I collapsed in the bathtub. It was Trezeguet, that snake, who lured me into drinking shots."

Ch. 10: Ibra about his former agent, Carlsson: "He said that Southampton was interested in me, and I was like: "WTF! SOUTHAMPTON?!"

Ch. 10: Raiola to Ibra, at 1st meeting: "Sell your cars & watches. You have to train 3 times as much now, because your goal ratio sucks!"

Ch. 12: Capello to Ibra during one of his first training sessions at Juve: "I will beat Ajax out of you!"

Ch. 12: "Nedved was a workaholic. He would be cycling 1 hour before training. And then after training, he would run for another hour."

Ch. 12: Ibra tells about how furious Capello was after a game vs. Liverpool, where Thuram cost a goal, because he changed his man marker. "He yelled at Thuram. He kicked the massage bench forcefully and it spun towards us.Everybody was just sitting there, looking at the floor. Trezeguet, Cannavaro, Buffon, everybody. Nobody was moving a muscle, and nobody would ever think of doing something like what Thuram did again."

Ch. 13: Ibra tells about a family trip to Dubai, where his brother & mother got into a fight at 6 a.m because the brother wanted whisky.

Ch. 14: Ibra about Mutu: "This guy had partied a lot. The stories he told me! I couldn't stop laughing! It was totally crazy."

Ch. 15: Ibra tells about an argument he had in the summer of 2006 with Didier Deschamps, who was managing Juve back then. We were going to play a friendly match vs. Spezia and I had said that I wasn’t going to play any matches due to the Calciopoli case. Therefore I was sitting in my room playing Playstation. Then Deschamps came up to my room. He was furious. Deschamps: "Why are you sitting here? We have to go now." I didn’t say anything. I just stared at him. Deschamps: "Didn’t you hear what I said?". Ibra: "Did YOU not hear what I said? I will train but I won’t play any matches." Deschamps: "You better damn play! You belong to this team! You will get several fines for this!" Ibra: "Okay" Deschamps: "What okay?" Ibra: "Give me the fines then. I’m staying in this room!" hen he finally left. He was fuming, and I was just sitting there with my Playstation, while the other players went into the bus. I did get the fines. I think it was around €30.000 in total. It became total war and when you're in war you have to think tactically. I didn't have to pay the fines I got for playing Playstation. Mino Raiola did his magic and made sure they disappeared."

Ch. 17: Ibra tells about his addiction to videogames. "In November a new game came out. "Gears of War" was the name, I went totally crazy. I locked myself in. I built a playing room and I sat there hour after hour till about 4 a.m. I should sleep so that I wouldn't be totally wrecked during training, but I just continued playing videogames. "Gears of War" and "Call of Duty" were like poison to me. I needed them all the time. I needed them more and more. I couldn't stop & I started playing online with others; English, Italians, Swedes, all sorts of people. played 6-7 hours a day, and I had a gamertag. I couldn't call myself Zlatan, so of course nobody knew who was hiding behind my tag. I impressed everyone, even under a false name. I have been playing video games all my life and I'm an extremely competitive person. I'm focused & I crushed them all. But there was this one guy. He was good & he was also online during nights. His gamertag was "D" and something else. I had heard him talk because we were all wearing headsets when playing. I tried to shut up. I wanted to be anonymous. It wasn't always easy. I had adrenaline in my body and one day they started talking about their cars. D said he had a Porsche 911 Turbo. And then I couldn't take it anymore. So I started talking and people noticed. People were suspicious."You sound like Zlatan", they said. I said "No, no that's not me." Then they asked all sorts of questions, but I dodged them. "

Ch. 19: Ibra tells about him growing up idolizing Ronaldo. "I was about 17 years old. I really studied Ronaldo. His every move and his acceleration. We were many who studied Ronaldo, but nobody took it as far as I did. I didn't miss a single detail. Without Ronaldo, I think i would have become a different player. There's a video on youtube of me and Ronaldo, where I'm chewing gum & looking at him, like I can't believe that we're on the same level."

Ibrahimovic on what he found at Inter "The Brazilians sat in 1 corner,the Argentinians in another and the rest in a 3rd. It was a joke. I considered it my first big test as a leader to put an end to that situation."

Ibrahimovic on Balotelli: "I like fireworks too, but I set them off in gardens or kebab stands. I never set fire to my own house. Mario told me he was better than me, I thought he was kidding but he meant it. He's still missing a lot though." Ibrahimovic told that Roberto Mancini thinks Balotelli is among the best strikers in the world: "If he was then he'd be playing every game."

Ibrahimovic: "Mourinho won me over via sms. I had never had a manager who sent texts. So many... He showered me in attention. I need it"

Ibrahimovic "The last words Mourinho said to me [when I joined Barca] were 'And yet we will win the Champions League'. He kept his promise"

Ibra: "Galliani asked me: 'We can get Robinho, but could you play together? I said: 'He's a phenomenon, get him! We'll work out how to play"

Ibrahimovic on being moved from city to city: "If they send me to Alaska or Siberia, I'll be fine there too. I am Ibra everywhere."

Have a feeling Italy will win Euro 2012. They have gone about business quietly and Prandelli is a good manager of young players which Italy squad has at moment. Also looks like Buffon and Pirlo have got their hunger back as well

Have a feeling Italy will win Euro 2012. They have gone about business quietly and Prandelli is a good manager of young players which Italy squad has at moment. Also looks like Buffon and Pirlo have got their hunger back as well

Not much cop at the back or up front though, particularly if both Cassano and Rossi dont make it. After England, I'd like them to win it though.

i want that book

Same. Can only find it in Italian though. :(

Not much cop at the back or up front though, particularly if both Cassano and Rossi dont make it. After England, I'd like them to win it though.

Gilardino, Balotelli, Pazzini, Quagliarella and Di natale is still a good forward line and Chiellini, Ranocchia, and Bonucci are good defenders. Would say their defence is on similar level than Spain, Germany or Holland

Gilardino, Balotelli, Pazzini, Quagliarella and Di natale is still a good forward line and Chiellini, Ranocchia, and Bonucci are good defenders. Would say their defence is on similar level than Spain, Germany or Holland

Quags can't really get in the side. Prandelli doesn't seem to be a fan of Di Natale as he wants a young team and Pazzini and Gilaa arenot having good seasons so far. I'd say Matri will probably go with Pazzini, Balotelli + 1 other. Not exactly a great front line though.

Chiellini is having a terrible season, Bonucci is inconsistant. Ranocchia has been okay from what I've seen dispite Inters dreadful start.

I'd actually be more confident in England than I would Italy. They're going through transition and don't seem to know their best team. Injuries not helping either.

Â