Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

I wonder if they've ever done one of those Rogue Trader programmes where the trader in question was actually really good, and did everything by the book.

So when they jump out at him to confront him he just answers their questions perfectly and hands them an invoice.

I remember seeing watchdog years ago where that ginger harridan was laying into some guy that was a business contact of my dads. She basically tore him a new one, made out he was a crook and basically wouldn't let him get a word in edge ways. My old man was livid about it as her questions were completely baseless and, to someone in the know, just highlighted how little research they'd done. Unfortunately though, the majority of viewers wouldn't have had even the vaguest knowledge of the intricacies of the subject so would have sided against the guy who was apparently as honest as the day is long. Probably his fault for going on the show in the first place though as they'd invited him under false pretences, asking him to come and give his thoughts on the subject and it was only when the cameras were on him that he realised it was a fit-up.

I always thought the mass of the moon was one-sixth the mass of the earth. Found out yesterday this is very wrong.

Just a bit :)

Moon         Earth      Ratio (Moon/Earth)
Mass (10^24 kg)                    0.07342       5.9726     0.0123    
Edited by Tegis

The Irish do as a whole. We're not top of the heap though. The Czechs drink more beer per capita. Obviously the likes of France drink more wine. But we're right up there in beer consumption.

The Irish do as a whole. We're not top of the heap though. The Czechs drink more beer per capita. Obviously the likes of France drink more wine. But we're right up there in beer consumption.

Good work Sir :cheers:

Good work Sir :cheers:

I personally take our league position very seriously :cheers:

We've all seen those programs about airport customs catching and find drug smugglers. I always wonder what percentage of attempted trafficing through the means of sticking it in the suitcase or up their back passage actually gets caught. Of course the successful smugglers are unlikely to help out with the statistics so its a tricky one.

I expect its actually quite a small percentage that gets found, 5-10%.

So?

You are why McDonalds is so successful then :D A burger shouldn't be able to go 6 months without changing its appearance in the slightest. It doesn't worry you how they achieved that and that you're putting it into your body?

Exactly. Mcdonalds food is full of crap in particular the Chicken Mcnuggets. It is why the body struggles to properly digest some Mcdonalds foods. I  know the Supersize me documentary was an extreme example but on day 11 of eating Mcdonalds the guys body was already deteriorating at an alarming rate.

So?

You are why McDonalds is so successful then :D A burger shouldn't be able to go 6 months without changing its appearance in the slightest. It doesn't worry you how they achieved that and that you're putting it into your body?

Exactly. Mcdonalds food is full of crap in particular the Chicken Mcnuggets. It is why the body struggles to properly digest some Mcdonalds foods. I  know the Supersize me documentary was an extreme example but on day 11 of eating Mcdonalds the guys body was already deteriorating at an alarming rate.

I agree, but I would suggest that if you ate burger and chips from any establishment for every meal for 11 days in a row your body would be doing some crazy stuff

I agree, but I would suggest that if you ate burger and chips from any establishment for every meal for 11 days in a row your body would be doing some crazy stuff

Absolutely. And in that sense it was unfair on McDonalds but I suppose he had to do it to someone. I think it was more to do with the fact that they offer to increase your meal every time and he had to say yes when they asked. Even McDonalds say to eat their food as part of a balanced diet. But then I suppose you could fit eating spoonfuls of pure lard into a 'balanced' diet if you were putting fruit & veg in on top of it.

Don't forget to read Blunthers post though. Not saying Mcd is good for you but a non moulding burger is not the problem

That is true too I suppose. There are plenty of things to give out about rather than their preservatives. The fact that they had to add the pickle to their Big Mac otherwise the FDA would have classified it as confectionary, doesn't reflect well on that (utterly delicious) product.

Don't forget to read Blunthers post though. Not saying Mcd is good for you but a non moulding burger is not the problem

That is true too I suppose. There are plenty of things to give out about rather than their preservatives. The fact that they had to add the pickle to their Big Mac otherwise the FDA would have classified it as confectionary, doesn't reflect well on that (utterly delicious) product.

:lol:

I'm sure McDonalds market their burgers as being "100% beef with just a pinch of salt"

How can they do that if it's full of all this shit?

Edit: From their website

We only use whole cuts of 100% British and Irish beef in our burgers, seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

We take these whole cuts, simply mince them and shape them into burgers. Once the beef burgers are made, they are frozen straightaway, carefully packed and delivered to our restaurants. Nothing is added apart from a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

Are they lying?

Edited by Stevo985

We only use whole cuts of 100% British and Irish beef in our burgers, seasoned with just a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

We take these whole cuts, simply mince them and shape them into burgers. Once the beef burgers are made, they are frozen straightaway, carefully packed and delivered to our restaurants. Nothing is added apart from a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking.

Are they lying?

As far as I know, not any more. They used to put ammonium hydroxide (the pink crap) in them but stopped after a massive backlash.

Where's all the shit then? The bun?

How can a patty of pure beef stay looking like that for 6 months (or however long the picture on the previous page was)?

Â