Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

If, as is the case at my work, the gents has no urinals, just cubicles, is it imperative to shut the door to said cubicle if you're just having a tinkle?

Just trying to work out if my indignation is righteous or not.

It's a funny one alright.  Probably not imperative, but still weird given that there is a door and the cubicle is occupied so ...

IMO, no.

I personally know quite a few people who deliberately avoid urinals though - they always pick the cubicle over the urinal, unless there are no cubicles.

It's a funny one alright.  Probably not imperative, but still weird given that there is a door and the cubicle is occupied so ...

Because opening the door and closing it combined probably take almost as much time as the piss itself.

Because opening the door and closing it combined probably take almost as much time as the piss itself.

They really don't, unless of course door latches in Singapore are incredibly complex in which case you're right.

They really don't, unless of course door latches in Singapore are incredibly complex in which case you're right.

Okay okay, but it's still a substantial amount of time relative to the time taken up by the piss itself :)

Okay okay, but it's still a substantial amount of time relative to the time taken up by the piss itself :)

Bloody 'ell you're a busy lot eh? Not a second to lose :lol: I imagine you starting the piss while still walking towards the cubicle having worked out the angle based on how much you're backed up :D
  • Like 1

Bloody 'ell you're a busy lot eh? Not a second to lose :lol: I imagine you starting the piss while still walking towards the cubicle having worked out the angle based on how much you're backed up :D

Ich hasse überfüllten Toiletten, so dass ich meinen Teil

(don't shoot me, that was Google translate :P )

I wonder how much scrap metal value there is in a supermarket trolley?  

'Cause they only cost a pound each... 

I see your point, I think they're around £800

How do guide dogs know where their owner wants to go?

They tell them.

I wonder how much scrap metal value there is in a supermarket trolley?  

'Cause they only cost a pound each... 

I see your point, I think they're around £800

Righty-ho, I think we're in business. Anybody got Alan Sugar's number? 

I don't think there's that much metal value, but I believe they cost something like that if you take into account labour costs, delivery, maintenance, etc.

But the metal's got to be worth more than a quid, provided you can find a scrap merchant who's not too scrupulous!

I don't doubt they cost that to buy. £800 was just a funny answer to your original question, given that your typical family saloon car has about £200-£300 scrap metal in it.

Of course, a real master criminal would simply steal the trollies using a hacksaw, rather than dutifully inserting a quid into every one.

I'm not really cut out for this crime of the century lark, am I? :P

• Like 1

Â