Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

In Asia, soaps have similar plausibility issues, but the one I could never get over for long enough to actually watch a show is that there are just never any extras. I mean, not a single one. Every soap I saw looked as if happy (well, as happy as you can be in a soap), healthy people were living in a green, tidy, post-apocalyptic world. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

In Asia, soaps have similar plausibility issues, but the one I could never get over for long enough to actually watch a show is that there are just never any extras. I mean, not a single one. Every soap I saw looked as if happy (well, as happy as you can be in a soap), healthy people were living in a green, tidy, post-apocalyptic world. 

I remember seeing an asian soap once (it was on a random sky channel). I didn't know what was going on, but they DID have extras, but only about 4 of them. So in the backrgoudn you just had the same people walking backwards and forwards in and out of shot :D

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Club Tropicana ran the same policy.... You give away free drinks and what do you expect? 

It's a double whammy - people will nick the glasses as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I remember seeing an asian soap once (it was on a random sky channel). I didn't know what was going on, but they DID have extras, but only about 4 of them. So in the backrgoudn you just had the same people walking backwards and forwards in and out of shot :D

Ha! That's somehow even worse. 

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ha! That's somehow even worse. 

There wasn't even any gap. A girl would walk through the shot, and she must have literally stepped out of shot, turned around and walked the other way :D

• Like 1

On 22/07/2016 at 08:29, Stevo985 said:

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who doesn't hate James Corden.

I think he's really funny. Carpool Karaoke is brilliant.

I don't hate him.  I used to hate him, and I think a lot of what he's in is simply unfunny - that Sky One sports show abortion with Flintoff in it for one thing.  But I don't mind Corden anymore because by all accounts he's a genuinely good guy.  And for some reason if I know someone's not an a-hole then I can immediately tolerate them more.  That's probably the wrong reason to tolerate a comedian but that's just me.  I've never seen a single episode of Carpool Karaoke.

On 24/07/2016 at 12:42, Xela said:

Club Tropicana ran the same policy

In Receivership before the end of the summer season. You give away free drinks and what do you expect? 

They must have quite extensive stock levels too considering.

• 2 weeks later...

"Like" etiquette. What's the rules?

I always feel that if I post something and someone responds to it, I should like it just because they acknowledged my post (presuming their response wasn't negative).

Maybe this says something about my personality?

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

"Like" etiquette. What's the rules?

I always feel that if I post something and someone responds to it, I should like it just because they acknowledged my post (presuming their response wasn't negative).

Maybe this says something about my personality?

Yes, you're a small bean regarder.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Yes, you're a small bean regarder.

brasseye1.jpg

you're a perv, you're a slot badger, you're a two pin din plug, you're a bush dodger, you're a small bean regarder, you're an unabummer, you're a nut administrator, you're a bent ref, you're the crazy world of Arthur Brown, you're a fence foal, you're a free willy, you're a chimney bottler, you're a bunty man, you're a shrub rocketeer...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

For me there are 2 main kinds of 'like', like.  The first is obvious and far and away the most common.  That's to say if you agree with what someone has written then you give them a like.  It saves quoting their post and saying "This".  The second sadly far less common type is where you like something for the effort that has gone into it.  I will like a post if the person has clearly gone above and beyond to explain their reasoning on something, particularly if it disagrees with my viewpoint and was in an attempt to clarify things to me.  It's me appreciating a contribution..  In fact in a discussion between 2 opposing viewpoints I find a like from one to the other goes a long way because it shows that while I may not agree with you, I'm taking your points on-board and am not just talking AT you.

Oh Sh1t! I want to like that response but I can't now, can I?

Damn my over analytical brain ;)

I post fairly obscure reggae, just for the likes.

Can't stand the stuff personally, I'm more of a poodle mullet haired 80's soft rock leather clad Def Jovi fan. But only Rob gives likes for that shit.

• Like 3

Â