Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

Why humans are able to think freely and question things (e.g. their existence) but other animals aren't.

What's the gain of us being able to? Why have we evolved into it? Or is it just an experiment gone wrong by Mother Nature?

Evolution is mistakes. Good mistakes tend to get selected for. Bad ones don't.

• Like 1

If the likes of Einstein and Newton hasn't given us the theories to explore we would never have progressed to the point where we can debunk them. They gave us the platform.

They'll never be frauds.

Well as Mrs Einstein came up with e=mc2 I'd say one of them was a fraud :P

If the likes of Einstein and Newton hasn't given us the theories to explore we would never have progressed to the point where we can debunk them. They gave us the platform.

They'll never be frauds.

Well as Mrs Einstein came up with e=mc2 I'd say one of them was a fraud :P
Great song though. Gotta give her props for that.
  • Like 2

If the plan to rename the August Bank Holiday after Margaret Thatcher goes through will the "Haters" all give up that day off and go to work instead ?

FWII however much I liked Thatcher I don't agree with naming it after her , would rather see it named after Nelson or Cromwell or Churchill for that matter  they are more deserving of a day named after them

Is that a real thing?  How can they name a day after someone that 60% of the nation detests?  Just call it McGrath Day and be done with it.

gets it's second reading in parliament today apparently

If the plan to rename the August Bank Holiday after Margaret Thatcher goes through will the "Haters" all give up that day off and go to work instead ?

FWII however much I liked Thatcher I don't agree with naming it after her , would rather see it named after Nelson or Cromwell or Churchill for that matter they are more deserving of a day named after them

No problem. It would work like Guy Fawkes night, where we have parties to celebrate her demise, and burn her in effigy, etc.
  • Like 3

FWII however much I liked Thatcher I don't agree with naming it after her , would rather see it named after Nelson or Cromwell or Churchill for that matter they are more deserving of a day named after them

No problem. It would work like Guy Fawkes night, where we have parties to celebrate her demise, and burn her in effigy, etc.

Hush Pension boy  , this is for the working people not those permanently on a day off  :) 

Is that a real thing?  How can they name a day after someone that 60% of the nation detests?  Just call it McGrath Day and be done with it.

That means nothing, though, does it?

It's a private members bill from Bone, Davies and a number of other members of the Tory fruit loop group.

Few private members bills become law and to do so they really either need the full support of the house or government backing. I would take a wild punt that this would have neither. ;)

That means nothing, though, does it?

It's a private members bill from Bone, Davies and a number of other members of the Tory fruit loop group.

Few private members bills become law and to do so they really either need the full support of the house or government backing. I would take a wild punt that this would have neither. ;)

it's still real though which was the question :P

as all of the Labour front bench are sons / daughters  of Thatcher I can see them supporting it so don't write it off just yet :)

If that ^ gets more than five likes I'll PM you with something you really want but if it gets less than five you have to type 'Ford Mustang's are rubbish'

And it did so never mind PM I will show you here where the world can see -

Here I am, Otto a.k.a 8pints -

In Lego form

Lego_Bobby_Lashley.jpg

Are recorded contracts valid both ways? ....just after getting the yearly Vodafone call to stay with them on the land line where they promised that with this new modem upgrade my Internet should be quicker. ...I said I will only accept if it indeed does

Â