Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

• 2 weeks later...

Were the lines about Mrs Slocombe's pussy understood by senior BBC figures and TV regulators or was it totally subversive and they couldn't understand why everyone kept laughing about her cat? 

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

Were the lines about Mrs Slocombe's pussy understood by senior BBC figures and TV regulators or was it totally subversive and they couldn't understand why everyone kept laughing about her cat? 

They obviously knew and there was nothing subversive about it. It was a standard comedic element for the time. Politically correct comedy hadn't hit the mainstream at all by then

The jokes are probably more shocking now than they were then

I was on the M6 south yesterday, just bimbling along in the inside late at 60mph (variable limit) and in my rear view mirror,  I see some complete wankpuffin in a Golf R weaving across all 4 lanes, over/under taking people, even going on the hard shoulder to pass. They zoom past me and carry on driving like a cockgoblin under they disappear into the distance. 

Now, am I bad person for wanting that person to crash and suffer a major life changing injury? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was on the M6 south yesterday, just bimbling along in the inside late at 60mph (variable limit) and in my rear view mirror,  I see some complete wankpuffin in a Golf R weaving across all 4 lanes, over/under taking people, even going on the hard shoulder to pass. They zoom past me and carry on driving like a cockgoblin under they disappear into the distance. 

Now, am I bad person for wanting that person to crash and suffer a major life changing injury? 

I saw someone do just that on my last trip to England! Drove to telford from kiddy on the 442, it's single lane, fairly busy so long stretches of road where you can see everything but no opportunity to overtake, car behind me overtaking on bends, overtaking in tight spaces avoiding head on collisions, eventually overtook me s part of overtaking about 6 cars before slamming in to a gap to avoid a head on collision then did something else stupid before disappearing

10 mins later I overtook him as he was on the side of the road having caused a 3 car pile up, the people in the first two cars were out of their cars and checking up on this dickhead who was still is his car with his missus looking very shook up with the air bags having gone off and the front end of their car smashed to bits

Was glad they got theirs but it's shit for the other people they smashed in to

Its just not worth it

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

Is wankpuffin > cockgoblin or wankpuffin < cockgoblin?

8 minutes ago, May-Z said:

Is wankpuffin > cockgoblin or wankpuffin < cockgoblin?

One of the great questions in the universe. 

I drove up the M5 yesterday and was undertaken 4 different times. 2 of those was the car behind me in the outside lane attempting to undertake me and then realising there wasn't enough space to nip in ahead of me and ended up 3 or 4 cars back in the line by the time they could pull out again. All of the times was when 2 lorries or trailers/caravans were overtaking leaving one lane for everyone to pass them. I still don't know what they were trying to acheive other than killing everyone around them.

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I drove up the M5 yesterday and was undertaken 4 different times. 2 of those was the car behind me in the outside lane attempting to undertake me and then realising there wasn't enough space to nip in ahead of me and ended up 3 or 4 cars back in the line by the time they could pull out again. All of the times was when 2 lorries or trailers/caravans were overtaking leaving one lane for everyone to pass them. I still don't know what they were trying to acheive other than killing everyone around them.

Its the battle of which drivers limiter is the least accurate, utter f***wittery

On 14/05/2023 at 21:38, Xela said:

I drive that route regularly.

And I have a Golf R...

• Haha 2

I thought of a good 'Things you often wonder' last night at about 3am. Now I can't remember what it was, so I'm probably going to often wonder about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Why don't whoopee cushions have a small pocket to insert stink bombs? 

Get on Dragons' Den. 

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I drive that route regularly.

And I have a Golf R...

Unless you have changed your demographic then i don't think it was you :) 

• Haha 1

Â