Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

On 18/09/2022 at 14:27, Follyfoot said:

A bloke who used to knock around with our lots party piece was to suck the blue disinfectant blocks  out of urinals. Never had much luck with the ladies funnily enough

Poor chap just wanted to be loved, but ended up with blue teeth and chronic oral chlamydia. Hope he’s okay now.

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Poor chap just wanted to be loved, but ended up with blue teeth and chronic oral chlamydia. Hope he’s okay now.

This was not his worst crime, he was a villa supporter up until the age of 19, Then met a girl who was a dog head into Cliff Richard who wore a denim jacket with hundreds of badges of Cliff Richard on it. He then converted to be a dog head. He was dead to me after that

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

This was not his worst crime, he was a villa supporter up until the age of 19, Then met a girl who was a dog head into Cliff Richard who wore a denim jacket with hundreds of badges of Cliff Richard on it. He then converted to be a dog head. He was dead to me after that

I could cope with a mate turning Dog Head, but if we went out with a bird who was into Cliff Richard I would eliminate all trace of him from my life. 

On 18/09/2022 at 14:44, bannedfromHandV said:

Queuing is just good manners and politeness, for outside observers it’s seen as formality, which are all considered quintessential characteristics of Britain.

Queuing is just a recognition that someone was there before you and you’re not special. Not everyone adheres to it though of course and some do think they’re special.

It’s in the same category for me as when you go to a bar, if I think someone’s been there longer than me but the barman comes to me first I’ll always offer it to that other party (though admittedly, this is a decent way to seem polite whilst also guaranteeing you get served after that person/party). But you still get the dicks who just rock up and are happy to be served first with zero consideration for anyone else who may have been there before them (and yes, a good bartender should know the order but good bartenders are few and far between these days).

When i was in Thailand and getting one of the ferries, the queueing system had evolved to people leaving their flip flops in the queue and then sitting down and chilling. When your flip flops were at the front, you went to buy your ticket.

I don't know if this was a formal arrangement or if it had been spontaneously invented on that day only. But it made glorious sense.

All the order of a good british queue with added comfort

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

When i was in Thailand and getting one of the ferries, the queueing system had evolved to people leaving their flip flops in the queue and then sitting down and chilling. When your flip flops were at the front, you went to buy your ticket.

I don't know if this was a formal arrangement or if it had been spontaneously invented on that day only. But it made glorious sense.

All the order of a good british queue with added comfort

How did the flop flops move in the queue though? 🤔

57 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How did the flop flops move in the queue though? 🤔

They didn't, but as you went up you put your pair on so the next pair were now the front of the queue

I guess with a really long queue you'd have to shuffle them all forward at some point, but this was only about 20 pairs so it didn't really matter

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â