Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Walking round town, it's 16° dun shining but feels more around 10° in the breeze, I've got a tshirt on which is overly optimistic, I'm walking past people in full winter clobber, hats, gloves, scarves, a couple of duffle coats

What do they wear when it actually gets proper cold? Like -10°? I don't see what they've got left to put on 

When watching Villa( S.G.) /English TV,I often wonder how you people manage to wear all those sets of clothes all at the same time.

2 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

When watching Villa( S.G.) /English TV,I often wonder how you people manage to wear all those sets of clothes all at the same time.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Why the big difference in popularity of wallpaper between Britain/Europe vs. the US?   Between what I’ve seen in person (somewhat limited sample size) and seen in photos, TV, etc., it’s still quite common for walls to be papered there.   Over here, it’s not common at all.   I don’t think I’ve lived in a place that had any wallpapered rooms since the 1970’s.   Hotel rooms always have it, presumably for durability, but homes are always textured drywall with paint.

It's dying out, painted walls are taking over, don't think younger people can be arsed with it, you only paper a wall if it's an old house, the surface is shit and you can't be bothered to plaster it

Whichever is the laziest solution 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's dying out, painted walls are taking over, don't think younger people can be arsed with it, you only paper a wall if it's an old house, the surface is shit and you can't be bothered to plaster it

Whichever is the laziest solution 

Really? I got the impression that wallpaper was making a big comeback since the trend of having to have a "feature wall" a few years ago. 

We've got no papered walls, other than a couple with lining paper which has been painted over. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Really? I got the impression that wallpaper was making a big comeback since the trend of having to have a "feature wall" a few years ago. 

We've got no papered walls, other than a couple with lining paper which has been painted over. 

Feature walls in a different colour paint 😉

When and why did Luna become a popular name for pets?

This genuinely crosses my mind every couple of weeks or so. I follow a few YouTubers and podcasters and the like, who have pets, and Luna seems to be the most common shared name for the pets across them. But I'd swear 5 or 6 years ago I'd never heard anyone call a dog or a cat (or anything really) Luna, so there must be something that suddenly made that name enter the zeitgeist.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

This genuinely crosses my mind every couple of weeks or so. I follow a few YouTubers and podcasters and the like, who have pets, and Luna seems to be the most common shared name for the pets across them. But I'd swear 5 or 6 years ago I'd never heard anyone call a dog or a cat (or anything really) Luna, so there must be something that suddenly made that name enter the zeitgeist.

Isn't there a character in Harry Potter called Luna? I'm guessing a lot of people named the pets after that. 

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

I know of 2 people with dogs called Luna and have no clue why they called their dogs that. 

13 hours ago, Chindie said:

Maybe they are all Villa supporters.We had a midfielder called Luna a few years back.

Â