Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else rather concerned by Rafa's transfers though? I mean why did he buy Keane and try to get Barry? Where was the logic in that?

and diuof

Who?

dont understand why so many people still against jol great win percentage made some great transfers bent, lennon berbatov, bale, has got CL expirence and PL expierence. not to old as well

Wasn't it Damian Comolli who sought out Bale and Lennon? Could have sworn he mentioned it before he joined the Plop in their director of football role.

I'll be very depressed if we get McClaren. Even at Boro (where he was supposedly great) he had loads of money given to him and his win percentage was 38%.

No **** thank you. I really don't like the smarmy clearing in the woods and I don't want him as our manager.

But he was at Boro, what do you expect? A 50% win rate? He is a good manager, he has a league title to his name aswell as a league cup, both with small clubs too. He may not be my number 1 choice, but he is a very good manager and should be backed by supporters if he's appointed.

But that is the problem, he wouldn't be. Due to his England days he is viewed as such a joke manager in this country that if we were to appoint him he immediately makes us a joke club.

He would be disastrous on so many levels.

dont understand why so many people still against jol great win percentage made some great transfers bent, lennon berbatov, bale, has got CL expirence and PL expierence. not to old as well

Wasn't it Damian Comolli who sought out Bale and Lennon? Could have sworn he mentioned it before he joined the Plop in their director of football role.

This be true.

The last thing the club should want is a manager the fans really don't want like McClaren. It would only take a couple of bad results for the fans to be right on his back, which is never really good for the team. Be nice to have a manager that the fans feel they can have some faith in, not sure that was the case with Houllier, despite some signs during good periods towards end of season. Felt like fans on his back all season.

Sanchez Flores? we was linked with him a few days/week back.. maybe he is on our shortlist?

Maybe, maybe. But who knows.

We've gone from a list of

Moyes/Hughes/Ancelotti/Benitez

to McClaren/Jol/Martinez...

I think every journo is just throwing names into the ring now....And although he seems to be on the money more often than not; Mat Kendrick seems to be playing a guessing game as well. Is that a smoke-screen ploy as he is so close to Villa sources ...Who knows. Usually I take his info as gospel but now I'm very sceptical.

One things for sure the Bookmakers are loving this. All the names that have been banded about...All they do is drop their odds accordingly; gamblers read into the decrease in odds....resulting in massive massive bets to try and make some sort of profit on it believing they are dead certs.....

I'd stick an outside bet on Sanchez Flores if I could find a bookmaker offering any odds..

You don't know how we gamblers work then :winkold: We don't go backing whoever's odds shorten, the way to the poorhouse that is.

I'll be very depressed if we get McClaren. Even at Boro (where he was supposedly great) he had loads of money given to him and his win percentage was 38%.

No **** thank you. I really don't like the smarmy clearing in the woods and I don't want him as our manager.

But he was at Boro, what do you expect? A 50% win rate? He is a good manager, he has a league title to his name aswell as a league cup, both with small clubs too. He may not be my number 1 choice, but he is a very good manager and should be backed by supporters if he's appointed.

But that is the problem, he wouldn't be. Due to his England days he is viewed as such a joke manager in this country that if we were to appoint him he immediately makes us a joke club.

Oh, I know he won't be backed if he's appointed, but he should be! England was poor, but Capello (a champions league winning manager) is hardly doing much better is he?

People need to look past 'the brolly' and look at the manager, a very good one. No one has to like him, just back him...you never know he might just win us a trophy!!

Sanchez Flores? we was linked with him a few days/week back.. maybe he is on our shortlist?

Maybe, maybe. But who knows.

We've gone from a list of

Moyes/Hughes/Ancelotti/Benitez

to McClaren/Jol/Martinez...

I think every journo is just throwing names into the ring now....And although he seems to be on the money more often than not; Mat Kendrick seems to be playing a guessing game as well. Is that a smoke-screen ploy as he is so close to Villa sources ...Who knows. Usually I take his info as gospel but now I'm very sceptical.

One things for sure the Bookmakers are loving this. All the names that have been banded about...All they do is drop their odds accordingly; gamblers read into the decrease in odds....resulting in massive massive bets to try and make some sort of profit on it believing they are dead certs.....

I'd stick an outside bet on Sanchez Flores if I could find a bookmaker offering any odds..

You don't know how we gamblers work then :winkold: We don't go backing whoever's odds shorten, the way to the poorhouse that is.

Erm....I'm talking about people with more money than sense. Bookmakers earn there money from significant large bets. You only have to look at horse racing for a prime example. If an outsider wins at say 100/1, the bookmakers are quids in because people are spending less to win. If the favourite wins; although they are taking much larger bets, they will be paying out a hell of a lot more.

Obviously they shorten the odds to protect themselves.....but, at the same time; if the favourite wins regardless of what bet it is, they would still be paying out big sums.

In the Villas Managers case.....The odds have shortened due to significant sums.....and because the situation hasn't been resolved, they have taken a huge chuck of bets without any payout.

He was actually very well backed at Boro - which think ppl forget and did very very average with them in the league.

OK he won a league cup and did well in Europe but he left a mess at Boro and they were **** awful at times.

His flop with England in that qualifying group was very poor also.

fans would be on his back from the off... Its blatantly a NO ! NO ! NO!

He may well return to Prem and do ok but jesus christ i hope its not here

Oh, I know he won't be backed if he's appointed, but he should be! England was poor, but Capello (a champions league winning manager) is hardly doing much better is he?

People need to look past 'the brolly' and look at the manager, a very good one. No one has to like him, just back him...you never know he might just win us a trophy!!

I would argue he has only had one good season as a manager and that was at Twente. And he didn't have to create a team like he would for us. When he had the opportunity to create a team with Boro he didn't really impress despite large sums of money being spent.

I just had £20 on Butch at 40/1. What the hell i would rather him than Rafa or Mclaren...he's been a caretaker manager and co-manager before and Carlo even said in his book "without him he would have won nothing" maybe Carlo can come along in January and take over the helm after his six months holiday

^^

Finished as high as 7th with Boro (unthinkable now), won them their first ever trophy and got them to a UEFA Cup final....it may not impress you, but it impresses me. If he has a foreign name, everyone would be drooling at the prospect of seeing him at Villa.

I don't hold out much hope for Moyes. If the board couldn't persuade and out of work Ancellotti out of a year out - then the chances of them persauding Moyes to quit a club he has been at for 9 year would seem to be almost zero.

We either waiting on Hughes or as I fear Faulkner and Randy really don't much idea in the manager recruitment business