Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

This Ancelotti rumour has got my brain buzzing.

He is for me, not only the best manager available but in my own opinion, one of the most reputable 10/15 managers in the world. At my little club that hasn't won anything of note for nearly 30 years. It's these kind of club defining moments that only come your way once in a blue moon, a chance to take a few crumbs from the big table on the back of what would no doubt be considered one hell of a coup throughout world football. It would take big balls and one hell of a sales pitch both of which Randy has in my view, but does he have the cash still? He has pumped one hell of a lot into the club and it hasn't happened as quickly as any of us would have liked. Maybe it's shit or bust, just maybe he'll roll the dice.

Or maybe we'll get Steve McClaren in for another 4 years of "meh".

This, this and this.

I can feel the optimism on this Board rising already - and we haven't even got him yet. If this comes off it could well be a defining moment in our glorious history. In this day and age the biggest way to ensure glory is to take (calculated) financial risks - maybe Randy has stepped back and thought "I'm only going to get more out of this Club long-term if I put more in short-term."

**** it, i'm going to lump £20 on Carlo. It's only money!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ITK on AVillaFan forum says "Ancelotti will be staying at the Forest of Arden Marriott Hotel & Country Club from Monday"

Anyone fancy setting up a tent outside??

I went on the website and it states it is under maintenance??

you got a link?

Halfway down page 5, poster is forevaavillan1

He's the numpty who was the ITK about defoe definitely coming to Villa a few January's ago. Had everyone on here asking for pms.

Not saying it wont happen but then again I guess Adrian Mole probably got a few things right

I dont want to go off topic here but I will use Houllier to explain a change in system.. Its not hard to see we had an improvement in the young players under his tenure.. Now whether these players improved because forced through injured seniors or not dosnt matter..What matters is that Houllier seen the potential in these players and nursed it. Bannan shown signs of great vision, so too did most others, clark became better on the ball etc..It was only slight improvements purely because his tenure was slight.

Massive disrespect to cowans and other youth team coaches. These players have been coached well coming through the ranks and playing under houllier for a few months while others were injured is not the reason they look good on the ball and show good signs.

It would be nice to click our fingers and start producing world class players but it's just not going to happen. We've been producing good youth players and I believe that will continue to happen.

We need a manager to improve on what MoN did, someone to keep the fight and drive while getting better value for money and improving the way we play and unlikes houlliers plan it needs to be effective.

I have it on good authority that Carlo was in Birmingham today for an extremely important early morning meeting but left unsatisfied and rather angry at not getting what he came for. He was seen leaving Birmingham airport on a flight for Parma muttering to himself in Italian.

The source of his frustration? Nobody told him Mr Egg had shut.

I dont want to go off topic here but I will use Houllier to explain a change in system.. Its not hard to see we had an improvement in the young players under his tenure.. Now whether these players improved because forced through injured seniors or not dosnt matter..What matters is that Houllier seen the potential in these players and nursed it. Bannan shown signs of great vision, so too did most others, clark became better on the ball etc..It was only slight improvements purely because his tenure was slight.

Massive disrespect to cowans and other youth team coaches. These players have been coached well coming through the ranks and playing under houllier for a few months while others were injured is not the reason they look good on the ball and show good signs.

It would be nice to click our fingers and start producing world class players but it's just not going to happen. We've been producing good youth players and I believe that will continue to happen.

We need a manager to improve on what MoN did, someone to keep the fight and drive while getting better value for money and improving the way we play and unlikes houlliers plan it needs to be effective.

I thought your first two paragraphs were good but IMO your point got a bit lost once you started to bring MON into it.

I thought your first two paragraphs were good but IMO your point got a bit lost once you started to bring MON into it

Well he got us close and I think a manager who could continue good things Martin did and improve on things he didn't do well would be a great appointment. What's wrong with that?

I have it on good authority that Carlo was in Birmingham today for an extremely important early morning meeting but left unsatisfied and rather angry at not getting what he came for. He was seen leaving Birmingham airport on a flight for Parma muttering to himself in Italian.

The source of his frustration? Nobody told him Mr Egg had shut.

Mr Egg... shut? :eek:

I thought your first two paragraphs were good but IMO your point got a bit lost once you started to bring MON into it

Well he got us close and I think a manager who could continue good things Martin did and improve on things he didn't do well would be a great appointment. What's wrong with that?

Nothing.

IMO we were never going to go anywhere noteworthy under him or his methods. I don't think MON left that good a framework for future success. And no, I'm not blaming the last season entirely on him before you say it.

They have been coached well. Im not disputing that..Im saying they can be refined, they can be improved.. Their technical approach to the game can be improved.

You have Jamie Oliver and Michel Roux for instance..Jamie is a good chef but Michel Roux can refine the dining experiance. Jamie could teach many young kids how to cook but Michel Roux would bring something different to the table.

This, this and this.

I can feel the optimism on this Board rising already - and we haven't even got him yet. If this comes off it could well be a defining moment in our glorious history. In this day and age the biggest way to ensure glory is to take (calculated) financial risks - maybe Randy has stepped back and thought "I'm only going to get more out of this Club long-term if I put more in short-term."

**** it, i'm going to lump £20 on Carlo. It's only money!

Entirely my thinking regards Randy. 7/2 is a bit short for me though considering the sheer implausibility of it.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can get Ancelotti in... Hopfully something more will be said/reported/leaked tomorow or Tuesday. I realy can't take much more of this... if A.Young has a meeting on Tue and he signs for Man Utd on Wed then we can probably say that Ancelotti is not going to be the next manager... even that or A.Young will be happy to be a bit part player at Utd... so we still wont know... DAMN IT!

I'll tell you why it won't be Carlo, and it's only just really dawned on me;

We are Aston Villa... when was the last time something like this ACTUALLY happened to us?

That's right, never.

even that or A.Young will be happy to be a bit part player at Utd...

He would be a starter for them. Either on the wing or possibly through the middle. What better wingers do they have? I would say one in Nani, which leaves space for another.

Young will be off and I don't think that will impact on who takes over as manager. With or without Young the manager that wants to join us will still do so.