Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Any ideas on the SP ref? on Oddschecker. Bookies is BETDAQ

Just went to place my bet only 2 are still on there.

SP means suspended. I think people are getting a bit carried away with bets. They may be reconsidering odds, or the appointment may now be known????

Ancelotti is now 2-1 with sky bet!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly surprising he said that.

Ian Taylor worked for Alex Black, Barry's former agent. Black was the agent who tried and failed to secure Barry's move to Liverpool. Ian Tayor worked for Black looking after his Villa players.

When the Liverpool move fell through Barry ditched Black and got a new agent who eventually secured his move to Man City.

I do believe the " sell to buy" policy was mainly in force to get MON to sort the mess he had made with contracts and the wage bill.
Do you not think it was also to do with the UEFA "Financial Fair Play" policy, under which we would currently fail to meet the UEFA standards? If so, "sell to buy" needs to go on and it has to be "Buy cheaper than you sold for".

I think it was to do with to many players sitting on there arse getting payed for the pleasure.

I think any policy like that would be made on the basis of what was needed for AVFC and not UEFA, or FIFA.

It was not as if it was an impossible task, just one MON did not want to make. When Faulkner came in, I guess it ruffled a few feathers.

Its ok making the mess, but it needed to be cleaned up. I think the new boss will be given the same cash as MON, but this time, Faulkner taking more of an active role in making sure its viable and beneficial to the club, i.e why buy a cm when we already have 4 and so on.

Excuse my ignorance but what makes Ray Wilkins such a good number 2 that everyone seems to be wanting him should Ancelotti come?

he is class, a good link between players and the manager and gets you playing to your ability. Hes a motivator and proven. ( we had Gmac)

Chelsea players were GUTTED when RW went, they were not the same team. Assistant mangers are an important factor in any team.

Also he speaks Italian so is a good go between for the players and Carlo Ancelotti!

When do we recon we will hear something, realistically... We thinking 2 weeks, maybe longer? Ancelotti has to be the number one choice and Laursen involved in the coaching would be perfect... Why isn't he anyway????

Well if this is all rubbish - but the speculation increases I think carlo will come out and discount himself.........I think if he is coming carlo will be here or pretty close by the middle of next week at the latest. - If he isn't then I don't reckon he will arrive.

Equally the further we get into June - the more likley it is to be Hughes.

Any ideas on the SP ref? on Oddschecker. Bookies is BETDAQ

Just went to place my bet only 2 are still on there.

SP means suspended. I think people are getting a bit carried away with bets. They may be reconsidering odds, or the appointment may now be known????

Ancelotti is now 2-1 with sky bet!

I know bookies stop taking bets at a certain time, but I've not seen the SP come up before. Mark Hughes was listed as SP for about 30 mins and then odds were available. Will know more when they all re-open in the morning I guess.

Hardly surprising he said that.

Ian Taylor worked for Alex Black, Barry's former agent. Black was the agent who tried and failed to secure Barry's move to Liverpool. Ian Tayor worked for Black looking after his Villa players.

When the Liverpool move fell through Barry ditched Black and got a new agent who eventually secured his move to Man City.

Interesting, appreciate the reply. Never knew that!

I do believe the " sell to buy" policy was mainly in force to get MON to sort the mess he had made with contracts and the wage bill.
Do you not think it was also to do with the UEFA "Financial Fair Play" policy, under which we would currently fail to meet the UEFA standards? If so, "sell to buy" needs to go on and it has to be "Buy cheaper than you sold for".

I think it was to do with to many players sitting on there arse getting payed for the pleasure.

I think any policy like that would be made on the basis of what was needed for AVFC and not UEFA, or FIFA.

It was not as if it was an impossible task, just one MON did not want to make. When Faulkner came in, I guess it ruffled a few feathers.

Its ok making the mess, but it needed to be cleaned up. I think the new boss will be given the same cash as MON, but this time, Faulkner taking more of an active role in making sure its viable and beneficial to the club, i.e why buy a cm when we already have 4 and so on.

I'm not sure you understand the Financial Fair Play issue fully.

Unless we drastically reduce our wages bill in relation to income, we wouldn't be able to compete in European competitions. You appear to know a lot about what is going on in Randy Lerner's mind - are you saying he also doesn't care about Europe?

I could imagine some villa fans getting his name on the back of there shirt the way it's going. :)
I would seriously consider it! What number to have though?

Ancelotti certainly looks better than "Bent" on the back of a shirt anyway. :lol:

I could imagine some villa fans getting his name on the back of there shirt the way it's going. :)

Ancelotti certainly looks better than "Bent" on the back of a shirt anyway. :lol:

If he becomes our manager I'd seriously consider getting Ancelotti on the back of my shirt! Would have to be done!

If he becomes our manager I'd seriously consider getting Ancelotti on the back of my shirt! Would have to be done!

I tell you what, I'd seriously consider making the three hour trip up from Kent just to welcome him to Villa if we pulled it off.

Oh it would have to be number 1 surely. Ancelotti = number one!!

I'm not sure you understand the Financial Fair Play issue fully.

Unless we drastically reduce our wages bill in relation to income, we wouldn't be able to compete in European competitions. You appear to know a lot about what is going on in Randy Lerner's mind - are you saying he also doesn't care about Europe?

No, i fully understand what you are saying and the sanctions to be put in place.

the point im making is i feel that even if the new sanctions were not going to be put in place, the stance with mon and selling to buy would have remained. we were in a mess

i am no mind reader, but thanks for that.

I tell you what, I'd seriously consider making the three hour trip up from Kent just to welcome him to Villa if we pulled it off.

I used to go to uni in Kent, 3 hour trip is horrible, especially the traffic on the M25/M1 but for Carlo it would be worth it!

It would have to be number 1, and if Wilkins comes in as our number 2 one of my mates would have to get Wilkins with the number 2 as well lol

Small world, I lived in Kent for 28 years, moved up to Staffordshire in 2006 when I met my wife.