Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that talks may take a little while longer than normal as Ancelotti has to get his head around not having an interfering, medelling owner pulling the strings above him.

Ancelotti: ....hang on, let me gets this right....you give me the money....and I get to choose the players.....what's the catch??

I'd have no desire to see Ian Taylor on the coaching staff to be honest. For a start he doesn't strike me as having a great deal to offer as a coach and secondly I didn't much like his involvement in the deal that took Barry to pastures new.

I'd have no desire to see Ian Taylor on the coaching staff to be honest. For a start he doesn't strike me as having a great deal to offer as a coach and secondly I didn't much like his involvement in the deal that took Barry to pastures new.

But hes the 'universally loved' club ambassador?

When do we recon we will hear something, realistically... We thinking 2 weeks, maybe longer? Ancelotti has to be the number one choice and Laursen involved in the coaching would be perfect... Why isn't he anyway????

Ian Taylor was involved in the deal??????? enlighten me,must have missed that bit :huh:

When do we recon we will hear something, realistically... We thinking 2 weeks, maybe longer? Ancelotti has to be the number one choice and Laursen involved in the coaching would be perfect... Why isn't he anyway????

Because he hasn't got any coaching badges and doesn't want to be a coach yet? don't let that get in the way though.

I think Ancelotti and AVFC could be a nice fit. Lerner operates in a way that surely CA would feel more relaxed to take on a club that wants to progress, not win titles and win the champions league (well, not just yet!) No doubt he would be given a transfer kitty and will be backed by the board.

Our club really has potential to kick on again. We need a manager like this to show we mean business. I do believe the " sell to buy" policy was mainly in force to get MON to sort the mess he had made with contracts and the wage bill. Lets face it, he took us as far as he could.

Now most of our excess baggage have left the club, i am hoping Randy wants to take one more stab at the top four and splash some serious spondoolies.

At no other club will he get a board that sticks by you like AVFC- look at how they stood by GH over xmas.

Personally would love Ancelotti or Hughes.

Said it before but think Hughes is underated on here.

Ancelotti would be first choice but dont get some negativity towards Hughes - i think hes a constant improving manager with lot to prove and hungry and does have sides playiung decent stuff contrary to some myth.

I do believe the " sell to buy" policy was mainly in force to get MON to sort the mess he had made with contracts and the wage bill.
Do you not think it was also to do with the UEFA "Financial Fair Play" policy, under which we would currently fail to meet the UEFA standards? If so, "sell to buy" needs to go on and it has to be "Buy cheaper than you sold for".

Excuse my ignorance but what makes Ray Wilkins such a good number 2 that everyone seems to be wanting him should Ancelotti come?

he is class, a good link between players and the manager and gets you playing to your ability. Hes a motivator and proven. ( we had Gmac)

Chelsea players were GUTTED when RW went, they were not the same team. Assistant mangers are an important factor in any team.