Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

Was getting excited about Carlo but I'll still be very happy with Hughes.

I've questioned the board a lot this season but I believe they would have at least approached ancelotti so I don't agree with Hughes being appointed showing a lack of ambition.

I think Hughes will do a good job here and get us back up there challenging for that 4th spot.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont get it, Mark Hughes quits fulham only hours after we said we had NOT had contact and something about not a target. Now unless something has happened behind the scenes, and we've tapped him up and lied to the press, or MH has took a massive gamble and resigned in the hope of getting the job, then it just doesnt add up.

By no means will Mark Hughes be a bad appointment, but he doesnt set the heart racing, he is a safe option.

I just dont get it, Mark Hughes quits fulham only hours after we said we had NOT had contact and something about not a target. Now unless something has happened behind the scenes, and we've tapped him up and lied to the press, or MH has took a massive gamble and resigned in the hope of getting the job, then it just doesnt add up.

By no means will Mark Hughes be a bad appointment, but he doesnt set the heart racing, he is a safe option.

Unless Hughes quitting has nothing to do with us and he just had a falling out with Al Fayed?

Sky Bet have re opened betting on the Villa job after closing when the annoucnement of Hughes resignation. Ancelotti still 2nd fave. I wouldn't say Hughes is a done deal. I hold out faith that we may still get Ancelotti, won't be dissapointed if Hughes is our manager though. Mat Kendrick has been quite reliable recently, so if Villa have made Ancelotti their top target, then there is still hope I guess for him.

Unless Hughes quitting has nothing to do with us and he just had a falling out with Al Fayed?

Maybe, some part of me things its not a thing to do with us, perhaps he is going to everton with moyes to us? or to chelsea? You never know with football.

But then again, part of me things its definitly us, that he is going to be our next manage.

To be honest, if my boss suddenly decided a better use of the departmental budget would be to build this next to my desk...

Michael-Jackson-statue-Fulham-570x383.jpg

...I'd want the **** out, too.

Maybe!

It may have had something to do with his Al Fayed trying to put pressure on him to sign a new contract but Hughes wants to wait and see what transpires.

This is only guesswork though, or 'Mirror' journalism as its otherwise known!

No idea if this is the Pete Colley off Sky Sports but this made me laugh on his twitter,

No offence to those in charge but Villa's board couldn't poach an egg! If Hughes joins it will be done properly...

Did anyone else listen to Pat Murphy on Five Live? Like I said earlier, didn't sound like Hughes was Lerner's number one choice to me.

Pat Murphy reckons Hughes is off to Spuds because Arry is off to Chelsea!

Ok, so let's pretend that Ancelotti either doesn't want to come, we can't afford him etc and Villa have done all they can to get him but it's simply not going to happen - who do you want then?

It's like saying you've won a car: it's either a Ferrari or a Honda Civic Type R.... your mind dreams of the Ferrari for ages but when you get given the Civic, despite the tinge of disappointment you realise you've got a great car.

At least we got rid of the Robin Reliant...

OK so I've been away today.

Just saw that Hughes has quit Fulham - pretty obvious he's going somewhere and most likely it's us. :(

Anything new from reporters or people "in the know"?

Ok, so let's pretend that Ancelotti either doesn't want to come, we can't afford him etc and Villa have done all they can to get him but it's simply not going to happen - who do you want then?

It's like saying you've won a car: it's either a Ferrari or a Honda Civic Type R.... your mind dreams of the Ferrari for ages but when you get given the Civic, despite the tinge of disappointment you realise you've got a great car.

in my eyes hughes is the back up, and a bloody good one at that, second choice just behind ancellotti, who knows whats going on right now

LMFAO... Nicley put.

I dont think Hughes is a definate at all, i think Randy is the sort of person who does everything thing by the book and would never start discussing terms etc with a manager or player for that matter who is contracted to another club who havent given consent for talks to take place.

I imagine the board are accepting applications and probably early next week will be interviewing the favourites with hopefully a decision being made during the latter part of next week.

Ancellotti no 1 choice and more gettable than many seem to think, wants to stay in the UK and so what better option does he have at the moment?

If Ancellotti isnt available then its Jol, Moyes or Hughes, and i have no preference.....id be happy with any of them.

OK so I've been away today.

Just saw that Hughes has quit Fulham - pretty obvious he's going somewhere and most likely it's us. :(

Anything new from reporters or people "in the know"?

Well matt kendrick has dismissed the hughes being favourite claims and claims that ancellotti is number 1 target, whether or not we can attract carlo is another story all together...

then hughes resigns and mat has been silent since