Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt mind Hughes, but what will this mean to Kmac and Cowans?

Talk about McClaren has reminded me just how bad this could have gone so Im thankfull for small mercies!

I think everyone is jumping the gun to be honest. Him quitting probably means he wants to be in the running for the Villa job - to be on a shortlist and to talk to the club freely - but I'm pretty sure that a deal has not been done yet. And I'm also pretty sure we are talking to other candidates.

Nice to see a good amount of people writing him off before hes even got the job, typical really, whats to say this 'average' manager wont excel at the chance he may be given? Much like a young player takes the next step to try and improve himself?

My opinion is that he is a very clever manager, knows the ins and outs of the game, has the ability to attract the right type of player and is in fact a very exciting appointment rather than the average safe bet many are labelling him as.

My only concern is that of him sticking around. He's left clubs before quite quickly and hope he doesnt do the same to us if he becomes a success.

Will be Happy with Hughes too. Whilst Ancelotti would have had the wow factor, I think Hughes is a perfect fit for us and us for him. I don't think the same could be said for Ancelotti.

I've slightly warmed to the idea of Hughes. Not overly keen by it but I wouldn't be disappointed either. He's done reasonably well at all the clubs that he has managed and he also did a fairly decent job with Wales. He doesn't stand for any shit off players either which is what we need. He could probably sort the defensive mess out too considering Fulham were the 4th best team defensively last season which when you think about it is quite remarkable when you look at the poor quality players in their back line, excluding Hangeland. I would have definitely prefered us to try and get Carlo and Ray but I was never over confident of that happening. I'd much rather have Hughes to someone like McClaren any day though!

On another note, I might stick a bet on O'Neill being the next Fulham manager!

If Hughes takes over Warnock, Ireland, Freidel and Dunne will happy (I presume obviously). All main stays in teams Hughes has managed previously. Maybe he'll bring back Aaron Hughes, hahaha!