Emile Heskey

R.Bear

I thought Heskey was our best player yesterday.

Me too we looked fairly decent when he came on - he's no world beater but way better than people givr him credit for. i think Weimann looked a lot better when Heskey was on. gabby was poor and shouod be benched.

We've all slagged Heskey off, but criticising his performance on Saturday? That's just ridiculous.

He was good when he came on, linked up really well with Wiemann. It seemed to me that every ball up to him was succesfully flicked on to Wiemann, plus he put him through with a decent pass which should have at least resulted in a shot on target.

I have no doubt that I'll be saying how crap he plays in one of his next appearances, but until then, I'd actually like to see him start with Wiemann because I'm sure that would lead to goals if they carried on where they left off against Sunderland.

Pesky is still one of the best headers of the ball in the Premier League.The reason he looks bad doing anything else is because McIdiot keeps starting him,I am sure everyone else in the Premier League knows that he is past his use by date and should only be used as a sub when a first team player has to come off ( I can see how that might be beyond McIdiot though )

1 league goal in 18 months, 9 league goals in total

I have it as 3.5 years is roughly 182 weeks @ £65k a week + £3.5m fee means we've spent £15.3m on him, that's £1.7m per league goal and £1.09m per goal in all competitions

safe to say it hasn't worked out for him

Our best player today to be honest. He doesn't score but at least he helps us keep the ball with these terrible tactics.

I agree he was excellent. He stayed on about 10 minutes too long though as he was either **** or picked up an injury. It was plain for everyone to see that he needed replacing but it took 10 mins too long for the penny to drop for McLeish.

First half he won everything in the air it was just a pretty that Wiemann kept straying off side.

If he is fit I'd pay him up top on Saturday with Gabby up top alongside him. We need to go all out now and could do with Emiles experience and work rate.

at 2-1 down his body language and movement was shocking.. really shocking infact.

At one point he just stood there doing nothing, maybe he had an injury I don't know but it was really frustrating to see.

He was clearly injured. Never recovered from the knock he got early in the second half which left him in a heap on the ground. Gosh he didn't half give it a go last night in the first half though. I said on the way to the match to a few people that we'd need someone to turn up in a big way to make a difference, either Zog or Ireland probably...but it was actually Heskey who did what I hoped someone would do. Not that it helped us in the end, mind.

I'd start him again the weekend with Gabby and N'Zogbia either side of him in a 3. I would then play Herd, Warnock and Ireland (if fit) in the middle.

Yep that sounds about right. Heskey is going to have to be a very important player for us over the next 3 games.

Â