The Speculation Source Blacklist

Gompedyret

2 hours ago, Strog said:

It would be good to add Sky Sports to this. They spout utter bunkum most of time, not just about Villa either 😡

Their credibility as a source of speculation is marred by the fact they have an associated betting firm.

They’ll spin any line to get punters betting on potential transfers using skybet. It’s easy money for them!

However as a sports channel they do coverage and reporting fairly well. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Their credibility as a source of speculation is marred by the fact they have an associated betting firm.

They’ll spin any line to get punters betting on potential transfers using skybet. It’s easy money for them!

However as a sports channel they do coverage and reporting fairly well. 

This is what I find annoying, the transfer talk is almost always based on pure speculation backed by an opinion from a washed up former footballer. In a lot of respects, there’s little difference between Sky and Talksport. But I’ll grant you that they do report on factual sports news, although that side of things is biased towards the favoured ‘big’ clubs..

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I only came in to see what you had to say as I didn’t think this was your sort of place. Clearly it’s not. 😀

Troll.............😀😀😀

I only come back on 'cause you was on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Genuine question, and my apologies in advance if this is obvious to more experienced forum members: Is there a designated Villa Talk forum for speculative idle talk, hearsay, tittle-tattle, buzz, chitchat, blether, newsmongering, etc. where anything goes in terms of sources? In other words, I understand that these sources should not be used to START a speculation topic, but it's OK still to use them in other contexts? Again, sorry if this is a dumb question.   

On 11/06/2022 at 17:51, Marka Ragnos said:

Genuine question, and my apologies in advance if this is obvious to more experienced forum members: Is there a designated Villa Talk forum for speculative idle talk, hearsay, tittle-tattle, buzz, chitchat, blether, newsmongering, etc. where anything goes in terms of sources? In other words, I understand that these sources should not be used to START a speculation topic, but it's OK still to use them in other contexts? Again, sorry if this is a dumb question.   

Transfer Speculation thread is a feast of twitter links and dodgy sources like Football Insider 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Is Football Fancast on here? If not it should be. 

They just put out an article saying the ideal replacement for Diego Carlos would be... 

Ron Vlaar. 

Yep, the Ron Vlaar who's 37, got shot knees and is retired. 

People actually get paid for this shite don't they? 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unless I'm wrong this thread isn't just for reporters you don't like and don't want to see posted.

It's supposed to be proper article publishers that can't be used to start a Player thread. Any of the ITK or poor Twitter users can be used in the speculation thread, but aren't supposed to be used to start a Player specific thread

(In fact, all Twitter users are covered in the Blacklist already)

• Thanks 1

Â