The Speculation Source Blacklist

Gompedyret

The Website Blacklist

Please don't start a player-specific speculation topic if your only source of info is one of the websites listed below. This list will evolve and change over time so please check back here if you plan on starting a topic.

FansFC.com

Tribalfootball

Sportingo

sport.co.uk

goal.com

footylatest.com

caughtoffside.com

The Metro

Talksport

Twitter "ITK" accounts

Football Insider

Football Fan Cast

givemesport.com

Also, the BBC gossip column (or anything similar) isn't a credible source, if its a proper article on the BBC then that is fine, but the gossip column isn't.

Also, the BBC gossip column (or anything similar) isn't a credible source, if its a proper article on the BBC, then that is fine, but the gossip column isn't

But the gossip column just lists articles from generally ''credible'' (according to the above list) sources, no?

Also, the BBC gossip column (or anything similar) isn't a credible source, if its a proper article on the BBC, then that is fine, but the gossip column isn't

But the gossip column just lists articles from generally ''credible'' (according to the above list) sources, no?

Didn't last year. It posted loads of rubbish on a daily basis. Thats only the Gossip column, if its on the BBC football site proper, I would imagine the story had been out there for some time already

What's this, no obscure foreign websites/blogs blacklisted?

challenge-accepted.png

Anything that comes under the heading blog is not a credible source.

Any foreign website, that is from a newspaper type source is perfectly allowable for a speculation topic (as long as the translation is provided!) just like we've been allowing them all the time anyway.

If its in that list up there (or anything we mods consider similar) it goes in the general speculation topic. ANything with a credible source can have its own topic

But what if both tribalfootball and goal.com link us to a player that makes me want to jizz my pants... can i atleast mention it? :lol:

Feel free to mention that you want to jizz your pants all you want but do it in off topic please.

If you want to mention the speculation it doesn't matter how many of those types of site its on it goes in the general, unfounded speculation thread please.

What about the Mirror? :shock: Surely has to be a far worse source than any of the above?!

Was just about to put this, I don't think it's ever got anything correct with regards to speculation, nothing speculated in there ever comes true.

If they do, then just go to the article on the credible site and reproduce that here. The BBC gossip page now contains a link to the original article. Just don't reproduce the 2 line summary from the BBC gossip page as that's not enough.

Why is the Metro banned? Just out of curiosity? It is a legitimate paper after all...

That's what I thought, it's no more made-up than the Mirror, The Sun, The Mail, The Star, probably if we're being honest, The Telegraph and The Guardian as well. Even the websites mentioned in the OP work in the same way, just people wanting Joe Public to read their publication because it, well, makes them money, surprise, surprise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
TAlkSPort added, can't think why it wasn't there in the first place.

Where they not the first to announce that Mcleish was our new manager?

Yeah they did but getting one thing in every hundred right does not make it a credible source :lol:

Â