dudevillaisnice

I really couldn't care less about how much Everton spent, fact is they were miles ahead of us when we had DOL/Ellis. I did like Everton and Moyes, plus (Arteta'sgirl) But after we beat them, the constant whinging of Everton fans about our style of play, how were lucky etc. The goal that Ashley scored in the last seconds was genious, if that was Ronaldo or Rooney they would still be banging on about it. Just bring it on for the FA Cup, can't bloody wait.

It's because we might be moving to Kirkby, people from Liverpool call people from Kirkby "Sock Robbers" because apparently people from Kirkby steal socks off washing lines to put over their hands before they go out on the rob. In joke that noone would of got unless you were local.

It's because we might be moving to Kirkby, people from Liverpool call people from Kirkby "Sock Robbers" because apparently people from Kirkby steal socks off washing lines to put over their hands before they go out on the rob. In joke that noone would of got unless you were local.

well, at least your lot did all your talking on the pitch rather than throwing stuff on it. :)

Zing!! That sure told them. Sock robber! Woosh. I am glad I dont live in Kirkby, I couldnt handle being called that by a fellow thief.

Whats the deal with Moyes and his press conference today?

missed the question but he just sat there and refused to answer, and the next, then just got up and walked out?

:crylaugh:

was **** quality

Moyes rang up Talksport to set the record straight after he had been slated for being "unprofessional". It was agreed before the press conference that there could be ONE question about Anichebe, it was asked - and answered - the reporter then proceeded to ask further questions which was not part of the agreement, hence Moyes never answered, and got pissed off. That's why he reacted as he did.

If what AG has said is true, then I'm slightly disappointed as I thought it was a sign of Moyes losing the plot.

If that's true then fair enough to him... I'd probably have done the same thing.

Bit early to see how good Jo actually is.. as his first goal was terrible from Cahill (G) and his second was a penalty. I only have Match of the Day highlights to go on, but it looked like he held the front line pretty well and has a good touch on him. Could be an excellent piece of business for Everton if they want to catch Arsenal to 5th.

I dont think you can blame Gary Cahill for being beaten for Jo's first goal. It was a fantastic bit of improvisation, yes, Jo did appear to get lucky if the ball bounced of Cahill's chest into his path but I dont think there is any way the defender can be blamed for getting done by such a neat trick.

It wasn't that nice a trick.. he only brought it down. Brought it down nicely I grant you, but it was only a simple drag out of the air and turn. Cahill got his body into a bad position and shouldn't have allowed Jo past him so easily.

That goal was made by Arteta though. Some magnificent skill in midfield to keep the ball, before it was hoofed up to Jo.

Phil Jagielka - in the England squad - :notworthy:

Lescott out though - unfair.

I think he's turned into a top center back tbh,i have not seen a center back play Torres the way he did i your three games with them..we'll buy him off yous for champs league in the summer :lol: ..

Jagielka is unbeatable at the minute, seriously he has been our best player by a mile this season.It would of been a travesty if he hadn't got called up. Bit gutted for Baines and Lescott, they've been outstanding lately too, yet Wayne Bridge (:x) gets in ahead of them. :?

Daily Mirror"]Everton manager David Moyes has hailed the form of unsung hero Phil Jagielka after the defender played a crucial part in the FA Cup win over Liverpool.

Midfielders Tim Cahill, Marouane Fellaini and Mikel Arteta usually grab the headlines, but on Wednesday night it was youngster Dan Gosling's turn in the spotlight as he scored the extra-time winner. However, it was the continued excellence of centre-back Jagielka which caught the eye.

"I think at the moment Phil Jagielka looks unbeatable," said the Everton boss, whose side's 1-0 victory booked a fifth round meeting with Aston Villa.

In both Wednesday's replay and the first tie at Anfield last month the former Sheffield United utility player did a superb job in keeping Liverpool's star striker Fernando Torres quiet.

Jagielka has been playing like that for a while now and Moyes believes it is about time he got some credit.

Advertisement - article continues below »

He added: "There were moments in the game when I think Torres thought 'I just can't get past him, he's too strong and too quick'. I thought his performance was excellent."

Â