dudevillaisnice

Saha out for another 5 weeks.

What a surprise.

A big gamble signing a player with his injury record and it looks like Everton got it wrong!

More desperation than a gamble, Man Utd don't give away healthy players. A stupid move by a desperate manager that one.

I don't think Arteta is going anywhere..

Firstly he is happy in Liverpool, lives next door to his best friend Alonso and, as Artetasgirl has said, has turned down offers to better clubs than Arsenal in the last couple of years and decided to stay at Everton.

Secondly, he's playing shite. No club is going to offer 'silly money' which is apparently what'd be needed to sign him from there, for a player who's form is probably the lowest it's been since he arrived at the club.

...just to clarify to save myself from AG's wrath - I'm not saying he is shite, I'm saying that by his usual high standards he's been very poor. Perhaps something to do with the players around him - maybe Fellaini is limiting his role, I don't know, you watch Everton week in week out so maybe you have your theories - but Arteta is certainly not the player he was this stage 12 months ago.. and for that reason Arsenal (or any other club) are not going to be prepared to splash out big on him to 'save' their season.

Secondly, he's playing shite.

...just to clarify to save myself from AG's wrath - I'm not saying he is shite, I'm saying that by his usual high standards he's been very poor.

i disagree.

i think Arteta has still been class this season, maybe not quite as good as last season, but still a very good season so far, and one of Everton's best players.

In fantasy football, he's around the 5th highest midfielder.... so he must be doing something right?

I think he's a shadow of who he was last year..

While I admit he is still class I think to sign him for big money now would be a signing on reputation and not on form.

For someone like Arsenal, who are desperate to get their season back on track quickly, they need someone who's going to come to the club and be at their best straight away, otherwise they could find themselves drifting off the pace for the CL spots.

Fantasy football measures your points based on basic stats.. passes, tackles, goals, assists, etc.. Arteta is still going to get those points (5th highest is surprising I admit but there you go..) .. but if you got points for times you'd single handedly rescued points for your team with moments of genius, not necessarily assists but just little sparks in midfield that have led to goals being scored, important goals... then Arteta would have a quarter of the points he'd have had last year.

When Everton played last year, if they were losing you always felt that Arteta would come up with something.. a moment of genius that would just turn the game... I look at them now and I just don't see that. I see a very solid team and a good midfield capable of upsetting... but from Arteta? Nah.. I see it more from Cahill, Pienaar or Fellaini than Arteta.

Just to clarify,Arteta was very very poor from Oct 07 until about Nov 08 bar a handful of games.He was playing with an injury from Oct til the end of the season with it.He was gettin a lot of stick off the crowd and people wanted to cash in.Since Nov he has been moved to the centre and played the best i have probably ever seen him play. He is playing a deep lying playmaker role but is tackling back,tracking runs and intercepting passes.He is turnin to a midfield general.Saha was free-no big gamble.

He aint on much thats for sure 20 odd thousand i think,2 or 3 year deal.Our highest earner is on 55k.We dont pay extravagant wages compared to other clubs.Fellaini is only on just over 20k.

Â