dudevillaisnice

Just spent the last hour analysing Moyes Transfer dealings since he has been with us and he has spent a total of £29.6 million net, over 7 years. That is of course counting the whole £15million for Fellaini, when we have infact only payed £3million so far ;) so technically so far only £17.6 million, which is pretty outstanding. Can't help but wonder where we would be without him, don't think anyone could of done as good a job with that much being spent. Especially when you consider our highest earner is only on £55k a week ( I say only because compared to other clubs!).

I've wanted him out a few times in the past but now I'll happily admit I was wrong and hope he stays for years to come.

When you coudl be shopping?! :shock: :winkold:

Anyway, Moyes has done some great deals in his time. Cahill and Arteta were about 5m combined I think. Lescott was 7m, Jagielka a bit less, Howard came cheap as did Yobo so plenty of good value for money signings made.

I would have him as a contender for one of the top jobs when they come up tbh.

Cahill - £1.5 rising to 2million

Arteta - £2million

Pienaar - £2million

Jagielka - £4million

Lescott - £5million

Yobo - £5million

Those 6, rather key players, for a combined total of Robbie Keane - - > Liverpool...:lol:

rooney brought in about 30m approx.

without counting him its not so great from 'messiah' moyes, is it?

he's had some flops in his time

andy johnson 8m

vdm 3m? etc

ERM...he made a profit on Johnson and Van Der Meyde was 1 million... :lol:

The biggest mistake Moyes made was Kroldrup, 1 game = 4 nil versus you lot, sold after 6 months for the same price he was bought for. I only counted £25million for Rooney which is what we have recieved out of a possible £27million.

Oh and Laursen, incase you noticed, I wasn't using Youth players as my point - it's quite obvious they cost nothing, makes your point invalid really. Also, Fellaini is still an up and coming talent, ok he was poor last night but you can't compare him to Keane, at least he lasted 6 months here and actually plays :lol:

Manchester United paid £25,066,000 up front for Rooney, and then an additional instalment of £3.581m the year after they signed him.

Seems Everton received £23m up front for Rooney, the other £2.something million went to the agent and the Premier League. Manchester United's accounts dont specify the rest of the deal, but I thought the common consensus is that the deal was worth over £30m? I assume the usual extra payment triggers have been met by now (Rooney wins the league, the FA cup, the Champions League, X amount of England caps, and signs a contract extension). I guess if you break it all down it does show the differences between what the buying club paid and the selling club received.

It was £10million straight up, £10million the next summer and then the rest on a whole combination of things, I remember Kenwright saying how much it would be worth etc. Bit got written off with the Neville/Howard deals though..

Wimbledone Part II have done well but they have spent money over the years , despite the hard luck stories Moyes likes to spread about ..

The yak cost £11.25 m

Fellani was £15m

so thats £26m of the £29.6m being quoted before we even start

then we have Baines at £6m

Jagielka at £4m

Andy Johnson at £8.6m :shock:

and wasn't it £5m for Kroldrup

And even Gosling who from the way he's being spoken about I thought was some rising talent through the youth system , was a bought on a fee going up to £3m

plus all the others like Arteta , Lescott , Howard , Neville etc

So Everton have spent fairly big over the years , probably out spent us , apart from of late where we've finally decided to play catch up with the rest of the league

Moyes may be a good manager , but he isn't working on the shoestrings he would have you believe ........

We got £10.5 off Fulham for him.

I said £29 NET, I.E. he has recouped the rest, thought that was obvious :? Compare that to other clubs who are challenging, it's pretty fantastic, especially over the time period.

No way have Everton spend more than us in the last few years.

don't think anyone said they had ....

what was said was they outspent us until we decided to play catch up .. i.e when Randy took over

05/06 Season ..Villa spent £11m ... Everton spent £27 m

04/05 Season... Villa Spent 2.3m ... Everton spent £11.2 m

even season 07 /08 Villa spent £8.7m ... Everton spent £19.2 m

I don't know where your getting your figures from, I get nowhere near that!

04/05 we hardly bought anyone.

As I said, most of what we have spent has been money that has been recouped. The £29million is the net spending, over 7 years. Compare it to other managers over shorter periods and you'll see how remarkable it is.Especially for the turnaround from perennial relegation candidates to over recent times top 6/7.

04/05 we hardly bought anyone.

soccerbase has it as

James Beattie £6m ( and a tapping up charge for villa !!!)

Cahill 1.5m

Simon Davis £3.5

John Ruddy £250k

Guillaume Plessis free

Simon Davies and John Ruddy were bought in the summer 05,they were never at us for the 04/05 season.

We bought Cahill - £1.5million, Bent - £450k, Beattie - £6million, Plessis - Free and Arteta on loan.

2005/06 - Ruddy - £250k, Davies - £3.5million, Kroldrup - £5million, Arteta - £2million, Neville - £3.5million, Ferrari - Loan, Valente - £1.5million, VDM - £1.5million

Money was recouped in these times aswell..

Â