dudevillaisnice

Even at only 20K on a 3 year deal that is £3.1m which is a fair bit of money for a crock, I would also be very surprised if he is only on 20k as he would have been on more than that at Utd. I find it hard to imagine he would agree to leave Utd for Everton and take a pay cut.

I've always wondered.. if a player gets seriously injured.. then does insurance kick in to pay the wages?

or is it a tough luck for the club?

what about in Saha's case where he has lots of little injuries?

I've always wondered.. if a player gets seriously injured.. then does insurance kick in to pay the wages?

or is it a tough luck for the club?

what about in Saha's case where he has lots of little injuries?

No as far as I understand it insurance doesn't pick up the wages of players while they are injured thus the case with Newcastle and the FA following Owen's injury.

Clubs are always moaning about picking up the players wages when they have been injured on international duty.

He took a big paycut he said that when he signed.He also offered to play for us on a pay as you play deal but Everton offered him a full contract.It wasnt his fault with this injury,it just went undetected at first.When he has been fit,which i have faith he will be again,he has been brilliant and really shown a desire to play for us.He has already won us a fair few games so he already started repayin it.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, when fit he is an excellent player but he has rarely been fit in the last 3 years. If that is true that you turned down the chance to sign him on a pay as you play contract then no matter how 'small' the wages are that is a stupid decision.

I'm with Trent and find it unbelieveably stupid of the Everton management/board to have turned down the opportunity to have signed Saha on a pay as you play basis. In fact the decision not to as already proved to be a costly mistake.

Ok i phrased it wrong.It was deal where he wouldnt get paid until he was fit because he was injured at the time of us buying him.I think he was brought in to help with the young players too.He has already done a hell of a lot more for us than Andy Van Der Meyde.In other news,seems our FA cup game might be off tomorow.

I think he was brought in to help with the young players too.

Really? I dunno, he just doesn't strike me as the coaching type. He was never really good enough to be one you would look up to for inspiration either. Sounds like you've plucked that one out of thin air.

It was a gamble yes. But to say it wasn't a 'big gamble' now that you don't have a fit recognised striker is simplifying things too much.

Let's face it, Everton need a striker even more than we do. Only difference is, Everton have no money. Going to be an interesting window for you lot, season defining I think.

Ok i phrased it wrong.It was deal where he wouldnt get paid until he was fit because he was injured at the time of us buying him.I think he was brought in to help with the young players too.He has already done a hell of a lot more for us than Andy Van Der Meyde.In other news,seems our FA cup game might be off tomorow.

I don't mean to pick on you here but that doesn't really make any sense.

If you want a coach you get a coach and you pay them coaches wages, not the £1m a year that Saha is earning.

Also in order to work in a coaching or even a mentor capacity surely he would need to be fit? So if he isn't fit enough to play how can he have any impact on other players? Its not like he can work with them on shooting or on movement is it?

I have to say I think your stretching a little there in order to try and defend his signing.

To be fair to Everton they are coping without a striker at the moment

They are, Anichebe is leading the line pretty well and creating space for the midfield to exploit. But he really isn't a goalscorer at all. They would have to get a tremendous amount of goals from midfield if they're to survive this way, they'd need a couple of Frank Lampard esq seasons from Arteta and Cahill. Not impossible, but not an ideal situation either.

I think they'll grab someone on loan.

They are, Anichebe is leading the line pretty well and creating space for the midfield to exploit. But he really isn't a goalscorer at all. They would have to get a tremendous amount of goals from midfield if they're to survive this way, they'd need a couple of Frank Lampard esq seasons from Arteta and Cahill. Not impossible, but not an ideal situation either.

Yep they are doing remarkably well considering the lack of forward options but I just don't think it will last. You can't continue with Cahill and Arteta being your main goal threats and expect to remain in the top 5/6.

He needs a striker and I'm certain he will get one of some discription in January.

Yep they are doing remarkably well considering the lack of forward options but I just don't think it will last. You can't continue with Cahill and Arteta being your main goal threats and expect to remain in the top 5/6.

I am sure they will, Everton are not as skint as they make out. They have spent a fair bit over the last few years on the likes of Johnson, Yakubu and Fellaini.

He needs a striker and I'm certain he will get one of some discription in January.

I meant we brought him in as so Vaughan can learn off him in training not actually go out and physically coach!Its same with Yak and Anichebe.They are the players Moyes wants them to turn out like in there peak and help with there development.I will admit when players are flops but Saha has proven a decent buy with what he has contributed so far considering he had no preseason etc.Anichebe is back now anyway.We dont NEED a striker at the moment but it would be a loan if anyone came in.

I will admit when players are flops but Saha has proven a decent buy with what he has contributed so far considering he had no preseason etc.

I don't know how you an say that with a straight face. By the time he'll likely return in mid February he will have played what, 11 games? Out of some 30-odd?

He could turn out to be a good buy, if he ever manages to stay fit for more than a month at a time. But right now you're just pissing in the wind. Very Glastonspur-esq comments and you're better than that AG.

Moving on, Moyes is very much like O'Neill in the transfer market. He will take his time as long as it means he'll get the right player in. Even if that is to the detriment of results short term. But I respect him for that, just as I have learned to respect O'Neill for taking the same line.

No point signing any old tom dick or harry, especially when you don't have the spare cash to blow on another gamble.

Well when he has been on the pitch he has offered something everytime.Thats all i am trying to say.He has better movement than any of our other strikers and offers a sharp mind.I am just given my honest opinion having seen him play in the flesh.If we can get him fit he could get 10goals this season.I know its not much but its a start.Ok i might have picked bad phrasing again but you cant call him a flop...yet.VDM, now he is a flop.

Â