dudevillaisnice

so did Rooney

Yeah he did, but he did not leave the summer that he signed, he signed it in the start of 2003. He rejected the new contract offer the summer of 2004 and then left in August.

your point being? Personally, I think Rodwell is decent nothing more at the minute, he has potential but is a long way from realising it imo, still think he'll end up at cb

That it is a hell of a lot more likely he will stay with us this summer, and to us that means a lot.

You are right, he isn't great right now but he has performed well in some big games, he has had some anonymous games (as expected at his age) but he has a lot of potential and is progressing well.

I am still unsure, he has played there a few times in pre season and he was truely woeful. That is why when we had our injury troubles earlier, he was never put there whilst the likes of Hibbert and Neville were. I feel his game is a lot more suited to a CM right now as he is so effective going forward as well as defensively. In the end he may move back, but he really needs to adapt his defensive game.

your point being? Personally, I think Rodwell is decent nothing more at the minute, he has potential but is a long way from realising it imo, still think he'll end up at cb

No way Rodwell will end up at centre-back. He has the potential to be a top-class centre mid.

Still don't quite see the fuss over Rodwell.

Decent prospect, no more.

Fail.

Marc Albrighton is "decent prospect", Danny Wellbeck is a "decent prospect", Chris Smalling is a "decent prospect".

Jack Rodwell is a potential world superstar.

Fail.

Marc Albrighton is "decent prospect", Danny Wellbeck is a "decent prospect", Chris Smalling is a "decent prospect".

Im with VillaChris, not seen it myself.

Fail.

Im with VillaChris, not seen it myself.

Okay, no disrespect but how much of him have you seen? Personally I cannot claim to have seen extensive amounts of him but every time I have seen him he's impressed me.

As far as I can see he's strong, tall and has a decent burst of pace for a big guy, he can pass well, run with the ball, tackle, head well, set-up goals and score goals, not only does he score goals but he scores in big games too. All this at the age of ?

Name me another of his age currently who you can say even half of the above about.....

Oh, should have added also, he can already play at centreback, fullback, central midfield and in the holding role.

His first touch, composure, tackling, heading and energy? For example.

He's a very good prospect, he may not be playing much atm, but he should be eased in, especially with the central talent Everton have atm. Future England starter for me if he reaches his potential.

Stefan Moore was a 'potential world superstar'.

He looks an excellent player certainly, but he's at a crucial stage where so many have looked to be the next big thing and fallen back.

I'm with VillaChris that, although he looks a touch above the rest at the moment, it's impossible to have him pegged as anything outstanding yet.

So I think you should take your 'fail' back to 4chan.

Stefan Moore was a 'potential world superstar'.

He looks an excellent player certainly, but he's at a crucial stage where so many have looked to be the next big thing and fallen back.

I'm with VillaChris that, although he looks a touch above the rest at the moment, it's impossible to have him pegged as anything outstanding yet.

So I think you should take your 'fail' back to 4chan.

Okay I don't actually understand the last part of your post but to compare Rodwell to Stefan Moore is like comparing the impact the cure to polio had to the impact the invention of fragranced tissue paper had.

I don't recall anyone outside of Villa claiming that Stefan Moore was going to be a world superstar, perhaps if you considered him as a potential world superstar though it would go some way to explaining why you think Rodwell is just another youngster.

Rodwell will be a great players if luck is on his side and he keeps the right attitude, it would be easy for him to go down a gear in training now he has got a 5 year deal but if he continues to work hard there is no reason why he cant be a quality player, also you cant say he is no more a prospect than Delfouneso. the fonz will be a very good player but i cant see him becoming an international class striker whereas i see Rodwell being an England regular in the next 5 years

#EDIT -- IMO OF COURSE

I put Rodwell in the same bracket as players like Wilshere, the Fonz, Ramsey, Collison and Jordon Henderson.

If they live up to their promise these will be the best british players in 5 years time with Wilshere imo the pick of the bunch.

Â