dudevillaisnice

I've got no particular desire to be kind to Everton ;), so I'll stick with saying in my view he's one of the worst in the Prem, no loss or not. He was just an absolute stinker of a signing.

He wasn't a good one by any means, if we'd have sold him for a loss, I'd agree with the level of bad but we sold him for the same price he was bought. We didn't lose anything apart from the game, and the blame wasn't all on him. So someone who cost us nothing, contributed nothing and left nothing can't be worse than someone who takes money and does issues (as below..)!

Van Der Meyde meanwhile, was here for 4 years, got in endless amounts of trouble here, had loads of off field issues and basically went a bit crazy, while taking money from us and only good thing he ever contributed (he was only on the pitch through sheer lack of numbers!) was that effin cross for Dan Gosling's goal that everyone bloody missed cos of a tic tac advert!!

Suppose that is enough thinking about it... :lol:

Worst signing in Premiership history surely has to be Francis Jeffers to Arsenal. Mainly for the shock factor that no-one expected him to flop that much. I seem to remember at the time alot of people saying he was going to be the signing of the season.

Although we've made a couple which could certainly compete. Balaban aside, there's Djemba Djemba and Mattheiu Berson who could certainly be in contention. I know Berson wasn't a bad player, he couldn't settle in England - but he was still a bad signing.

Jo to Man City for 18m or whatever is a strong contender too. Along with Josemi to Liverpool; a right back who couldn't defend, or attack, or run, or tackle, or jump or pass.

Well, Everton won 2-0...and Everton lost 2-0.

Oh and Fellaini played 45mins, looked like he never been away!

Did he elbow anyone :winkold: ? Do you think Beckford is going to be a hit? I noticed he scored tonight.

Did he elbow anyone :winkold: ? Do you think Beckford is going to be a hit? I noticed he scored tonight.

No :)

Still early days but he looks pretty decent. He is very quick and has really good movement, gets himself in good areas. Think he'll be most good against bottom half and away from home on the break. I think his main problem so far is his passing, although this could be him still getting used to the team. His touch is 50/50 - one minute it'll be good and next minute terrible, but that can be worked on. He works really hard too, considering everyone says he was really lazy at Leeds.

I like what I see and I'll wager he will definitely get some goals this year.

Seems like a reasonable idea. Funded by our partners and if we aren't moving anytime soon, we need a way to increase revenue.

efc__1280924651_newdev.jpg

Everton OS"]Everton have announced plans for a state of the art retail and administration development adjacent to the Goodison Park stadium.

Chief Executive Robert Elstone revealed the news to a Shareholders Forum before the clash with Everton Chile on Wednesday.

And the Blues are confident that planning permission will be awarded for the new building, which will sit within the Goodison Park footprint. The project could be operational by summer 2011.

The planned building, on the current site of the Club Everton lounge at the Park End of the stadium, will house a retail store, museum, cafe, corporate hospitality lounge and office space.

The four-floor, self-funded £9m development will also free up space within Goodison, meaning that capacity for corporate hospitality inside the stadium itself can be expanded.

Mr Elstone also confirmed that the plans will not negatively affect the cash available to David Moyes as it will be taken from extended deals with catering partner Sodexo and retail partner Kitbag.

In fact, it is forecast that the development will boost revenues and improve Everton's bottom line profit. The Forum was also assured that the proposed development does not mean an end to the search for a site in the city for a new stadium.

Chairman Bill Kenwright told the Forum: "One of the prime focual points behind this new addition to Goodison was to say 'we're proud of Goodison and we want to show you how proud we are'. We want to give the fans something and I think it looks terrific.

"As long as we are here and has long as it doesn't put in jeopardy the finances for David Moyes we will do whatever we can with Goodison Park. Our partners have been phenomenal in helping us with this one, but it doesn't mean the search is not going on for a new stadium within the Liverpool city boundary!"

His sentiments were echoed by Chief Executive Robert Elstone: "This new scheme is totally self-funded by partners so there is no net cost to the Club. In fact, it is cash-positive from the start.

"Even if a new stadium scheme came to light very quickly it would take a number of years to realise. Our discussions with Liverpool City Council have genuinely been more positive but the crux of the matter is we need substantial enabling support and the council see that as being difficult and hard to deliver.

"If I'm managing expectations, in the current climate it is hard to foresee a new stadium in the short-term or medium-term but it doesn't mean we will not continue to pursue it vigorously and enthusiastically."

No :)

Still early days but he looks pretty decent. He is very quick and has really good movement, gets himself in good areas. Think he'll be most good against bottom half and away from home on the break. I think his main problem so far is his passing, although this could be him still getting used to the team. His touch is 50/50 - one minute it'll be good and next minute terrible, but that can be worked on. He works really hard too, considering everyone says he was really lazy at Leeds.

I like what I see and I'll wager he will definitely get some goals this year.

i think this is what everyone at Leeds most disliked. Every time he was on the telly you could see this level of effort. Good luck with him, i suspect he'll be sold next summer into the championship.

i think this is what everyone at Leeds most disliked. Every time he was on the telly you could see this level of effort. Good luck with him, i suspect he'll be sold next summer into the championship.

Well so far he has scored 3 goals, fitted in well, the fans like him, the players really like him, the staff really like him and he's worked really hard. Doesn't look like he is going anywhere if he keeps it up.

Well so far he has scored 3 goals, fitted in well, the fans like him, the players really like him, the staff really like him and he's worked really hard. Doesn't look like he is going anywhere if he keeps it up.

not a surprise for me so far. fully expect him to work hard until times get a bit tough. I think his true colours will shine through.

any talk of Moyes to Villa up there in Scouse land Arteta?

Although I am not AG, I heard that Moyes labelled Everton a bigger club and wouldn't move to Aston Villa. Rob, an Everton fan had this to say on the matter:

"No offense to villa fans, but Everton are a way better (yeah, well better than us last season) and more established club (bahahahaha), Villa will struggle this season (when I say struggle dont think they will come close to top 4) Moyes knows that the has the best squad he has ever had and would be ridiculous to leave Everton now (I agree)".

Not much in the Liverpool papers although the BBC stated that we want Moyes. Rightly so but I doubt he would move.

Not a chance. To be honest I think it's crazy some people think it would happen. Why would he leave somewhere he has full control over, works tirelessly for, is worshipped at, etc? He has just spent all summer convincing our best players to sign new contracts. For the first time he has a fully fit squad, with depth in quality, our best squad in over 20 years and a real belief we can do something this year. He has worked for 8 years to get to this point and people think he would give it all up NOW? For somewhere where he will have to slash the wage bill and so on? He is right now, the most contented I have EVER seen him, including when we finished 4th. Put it this way, if this happened, my shock would probably eclipse this forum put together from the shock of yesterday.

Â