dudevillaisnice

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Sheffield United, Luton and Burnley are pretty bad. 

Wolves possibly aren’t great either. 

That’s once again the positive thing to cling to for Everton. Just not be quite as bad as the really bad teams.

The 3 promoted teams don't look great. At all. But the difference is they have some positivity, some hope, some desire. Everton have nothing!

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As a outsider looking in got some sympathy for gray because him hardly being involved is bizarre

But their continued meltdown as they circle the drain us great

I bet almost all of their players had asked their agents to get them out of there.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why would Dyche not be happy to sell a player he has absolutely no use for

Not sure he was against the sale (especially as he has now gone), probably more the fact he was told by a player he was leaving rather than the other way round.

• Like 2

Arsenal's record at Goodison in recent times is something else, very much the new Stoke for them on their away trips.

18-19- Everton 1-0 Arsenal

19-20- Everton 0-0 Arsenal (Arteta's first game)

20/21- Everton 2-1 Arsenal

21/22- Everton 2-1 Arsenal (Arsenal were 1 up going into the last 10 minutes)

22/23- Everton 1-0 Arsenal (Dyche's first game as Mantis said).

Get the feeling because he played for them for years Arteta massively overthinks the trips to Goodison so it's not quite the regulation away win many think it will be especially coming off the back of international break.

Edited by VillaChris

Sounds like their new owners aren't going to please the fans like they hoped. 

777 investments. The same owners that have had the Standard Liege fans protesting about their ownership of the club. 

They won't be spending big. If this goes through I feel things are going to get worse before they get better...

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like their new owners aren't going to please the fans like they hoped. 

777 investments. The same owners that have had the Standard Liege fans protesting about their ownership of the club. 

They won't be spending big. If this goes through I feel things are going to get worse before they get better...

Vulture Fund.

I assume because of the state the club is in they think they're getting them cheap, build the stadium and then sell for a profit as a mid table team with a lot of match day revenue a d fancy corporate boxes. Even if they go down you'd imagine they won't fall apart completely. They'll eventually sort it sort and get promoted like we did. 

All depends on the finances for the stadium of course. 

• Like 1

Unless Moshiri gives the club away for free then it will cost the best part of a billion to buy the club, clear the debt, finish the stadium and fix a poor squad. This 777 group aren't able to fund the clubs they've bought already so how are they going to afford to run Everton? The whole thing looks super dodgy and (if the sale happens) could put them in a worse position than they are in already. Looking at the mess Everton are in it makes you even more glad that we've got NSWE as owners. 

• Like 1

On 07/09/2023 at 13:27, villarule123 said:

They've very lucky there's a lot of shit down there this season. They might still go down. 

I think Everton getting relegated at some point is about as inevitable for them as it got for us prior to 2015/16 now. If it doesn't happen this season, it will do soon, a serious change of direction notwithstanding 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

I think Everton getting relegated at some point is about as inevitable for them as it got for us prior to 2015/16 now. If it doesn't happen this season, it will do soon, a serious change of direction notwithstanding 

Yes, I don't see how they'll be able to avoid it unless something completely transformational happens to their finances. They won't be able to degrade the quality of the squad through sales and not replacing with quality and continue to stay in the league. 

On 07/09/2023 at 13:07, Villatillidie95 said:

Seems a strange one as gray was probably one of their best players the last couple of years and got important goals for them. 

Everything about their club is so poor right now, the optics are terrible and the football appalling!

Read on another forum that Gray is poison. Falls out with everyone wherever he goes. Dunno if its true, as its something i haven't heard before?

• Shocked 1

Â