dudevillaisnice

45 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I believe the only other notable detail that was eventually publicised was “…erm, oh yeah…and it’s not Fabian Delph.”

Yeah it was something like the known facts meant it could be one of two footballers one of whom was Delph and it was announced it wasn't him 

Yeah, I remember the situation around identifying the player. I think probably basically everybody knows his identity, though since media outlets are not reporting it I guess it would not be sensible to name him here. 

I suppose in terms of detail I mean less in terms of the identity of the alleged perpetrator and more what it was he was actually accused of. Not the name of the crime, which is known, but in terms of scale, severity, circumstances of possession etc etc, and as far as I can recall I don't remember any information along those lines being made public? Which makes things tricky if you are, say, a lower league football club who might be potentially prepared to stick your head over the parapet and hire this player if it was one sort of accusation but very much not prepared to do so if it were a different sort of accusation. 

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I suppose in terms of detail I mean less in terms of the identity of the alleged perpetrator and more what it was he was actually accused of. Not the name of the crime, which is known, but in terms of scale, severity, circumstances of possession etc etc, and as far as I can recall I don't remember any information along those lines being made public?

The detail wasn't reported in the papers but was fairly widely circulated via social media. From what I recall (would have to go back through WhatsApp chats) the scale/severity type stuff you mentioned was not as severe as the named crime would suggest. The player was in the wrong but there was a lot more to it and that's possibly why it's been dropped. Won't post anymore here as it's just social media conjecture (and some WhatsApp screenshots but they could be fake).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

The detail wasn't reported in the papers but was fairly widely circulated via social media. From what I recall (would have to go back through WhatsApp chats) the scale/severity type stuff you mentioned was not as severe as the named crime would suggest. The player was in the wrong but there was a lot more to it and that's possibly why it's been dropped. Won't post anymore here as it's just social media conjecture (and some WhatsApp screenshots but they could be fake).

Incredible it took so long to resolve. Allegations first surfaced in July 2021. Greenwood stuff was between Jan 2022-Feb 2023.

Who knows why it's been dropped but basically a solid top level sports career is over for something that hasn't even gone to court after a long period of investigation.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Incredible it took so long to resolve. Allegations first surfaced in July 2021. Greenwood stuff was between Jan 2022-Feb 2023.

Who knows why it's been dropped but basically a solid top level sports career is over for something that hasn't even gone to court after a long period of investigation.

If the rumours I heard are true this one's possibly a bit more complicated than some of the others but who knows.

Even though charges have been dropped he'll never play top flight football again after this.

So it's probably a good thing that he's already at Everton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

If the rumours I heard are true this one's possibly a bit more complicated than some of the others but who knows.

Even though charges have been dropped he'll never play top flight football again after this.

Everton terminated his contract ages ago. Just looked on one of their forums and they seem to think he'll just go and play in Middle East to make up lost earnings from last 18 months.

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The statement from the police make it sound like he is guilty but couldn't get the sufficient evidence

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton terminated his contract ages ago. Just looked on one of their forums and they seem to think he'll just go and play in Middle East to make up lost earnings from last 18 months.

Yeah, I know they let him go but that ruins my joke.

1 hour ago, sne said:

On the bright side, next season they'll have Dele Alli back from his (now cancelled) loan at Besiktas  :crylaugh:

Spurs get 10m if he plays 2 or 3 more games for them. I think mutual termination of his contract will be happening soon.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Surviving with Burnley playing dinosaur football was always his ceiling.

No surprises he is not pulling up any trees at a bigger club.

I don't think it is but saying that I think people are sleeping on Everton and just assuming they will get points.

Their team is horrendous

Â