dudevillaisnice

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We're becoming their bogey team aren't we? Since we come back up we've taken, 4, 4 and now 6 points off them in each season. Between 2009 and 2016 we only managed two wins over them.

We beat them under Sherwood and I think the other was Kevin Mcdonald 😂

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

We're becoming their bogey team aren't we? Since we come back up we've taken, 4, 4 and now 6 points off them in each season. Between 2009 and 2016 we only managed two wins over them.

What’s Unbelievable is we’ve faced them under 4 different managers since coming up.

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Great goal from Darren Bent. That partnership with Young/Downing/Albrighton/Walker was so good but so short lived :( 

We beat them that season before Bent signed. We actually drew in the game Bent scored in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

Actually for a few years under O'Neill and even Lambert we went undefeated at Goodison for about 6-7 years. They also won once at VP in about 11 years before winning a few when we were about to get relegated.

We've always had a decent record v them historically but yes certainly best match up v another team since we came back up bar perhaps Norwich, never think we're going to lose to them even though they had pretty much their best 11 out today.

They resemble us around 2012/13 so much, some decent forward players but no clue how to construct play at all and mediocre at the back.

• Like 1

The good thing with all the changes at both clubs (us and Everton) is that I don’t think there was a mention of “the most played game in football history ever ever” today…? I could be wrong. 

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The good thing with all the changes at both clubs (us and Everton) is that I don’t think there was a mention of “the most played game in football history ever ever” today…? I could be wrong. 

Yeah about a minute before kick off

I remember this because I was boring my wife with it as they said it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

We beat them that season before Bent signed. We actually drew in the game Bent scored in.

It was Luke Young curling one in randomly with his left foot. Was at Reading festival for only time that weekend and was getting regular 2010 style updates on my phone, think Everton completely dominated rest of the game but Friedel had one of his best ever games for us and was unbeatable.

• Like 1

I'm really pissed off at all this talk because the only time I've been to Goodison we were absolutely thumped, looks like it must have been the 4 nil 2015 game. 

In addition we had to suffer going undercover in The Winslow hotel before the game. Hate drinking surreptitiously in home pubs. 

One time I have been to Goodison we were pretty dreadful but Peter Schmeichel scored a late equaliser of all people. 

One of my favourite fixtures some of the above games have been crackers. Also vaguely remember a 3-3 draw at VP where Milner curled in a free kick where we were 3-1 down.

Edited by VillaAlex

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

One time I have been to Goodison we were pretty dreadful but Peter Schmeichel scored a late equaliser of all people. 

One of my favourite fixtures some of the above games have been crackers. Also vaguely remember a 3-3 draw at VP where Milner curled in a free kick where we were 3-1 down.

Think we had a 3-3 there under Lambert. Nzogbia might have even scored 😂

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Wins at Goodison - was sat in a pub with an Everton mate when young scored the last minute goal 

I'd have that a top 10 villa game I think 

Yeah I was at @SuperTeds house watching with him and his dad. We went **** mental 🤣

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Goodison hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for us. Great to have taken 7 from 9 there since coming back up.

Maybe it’s been kinder than I thought….

We’ve beaten them 22 times in total in the Premier League, our next best for wins against is 15 (Tottenham & Blackburn)

Edited by Hornso

Â