Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Could see him going there if they were interested, just to spite the Sunderland fans who racially abused his family.

I cant.

Have read he is pretty settled in the Midlands, so he may not wish to uproot that far. So Stoke or Baggies, both with rumoured past interest?

Can't see NUFC matching his wages therefore he won't leave

Well, we are a much stronger squad with him in it, so i wont be unhappy about that. However, its pretty obvious that Darren is not happy about being part of a squad.

If not the two clubs i mentioned, then maybe Fulham or West Ham. Both can find ways to pay his wages since they may drop if hes desperate to get away, and moving house may not be a huge problem since both could supply lodgings down there, whilst he keeps his home here.

Edited by MagicMushroom

Big rumours going about the toon hes off to them.

Nothing on their main forum, so where are these big rumours?

There is some proof for you BIG rumors question all be it the telegraph are 2 days later than my post. 

It’s just a pity people can't post on here with some little info they hear without getting sarcastic responses.  It’s no wonder people who do hear wee bits of things that prove to be true or even untrue are all being driven away.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/10114171/Newcastle-United-manager-Alan-Pardew-ready-to-make-cut-price-offer-for-Aston-Villa-striker-Darren-Bent.html

didnt Sissoko goto them Villa couldnt match the wages they offered.. and now suddenly they cant afford him?

Im sure he would take a pay cut to go there anyway.

Cisse and Bent would likely be similar to how Cisse and Ba were up front together. 

Cisse and Ba weren't exactly Shearer and Sutton were they? Ba got pissed off because Pardew would only play him wide when Cisse was up front. In the end he got dropped and then wanted out. If Cisse wants to leave Newcastle Bent would be a perfect fit for them.

Regardless of who we sign this summer, the most impressive move from Lambert would be finding a buyer for Bent.

I would have thought Bent would be much easier to move on than some of our players especially at the rumoured price of around 6m which to my mind isn't enough.

• Like 2

Even if they are just rumours, it's nice to hear that a few clubs may be interested - increases the liklihood of his departure and perhaps means we will get a reasonable fee.

For me, the guy has done nothing wrong, but is taking up way too much wages for his role in the squad and we should offload. If he is on the reported £80k per week, saving £4m in wages next season (perhaps offset by £1m wages to his replacement) would mean that £6m+ would be decent business for us.

Regardless of who we sign this summer, the most impressive move from Lambert would be finding a buyer for Bent.

Close. Getting money for Ireland would more impressive.

Getting rid of Bent, Ireland, Hutton and Given (on top of Warnock, Dunne and Makoun) would be unbelievable.

I would have thought Bent would be much easier to move on than some of our players especially at the rumoured price of around 6m which to my mind isn't enough.

Ireland will be the difficult (impossible) one to get rid of IMHO.

• Like 1

I doubt Lambert will be that active in finding a club for Bent. Also I doubt it will be difficult to find a club for Darren Bent as long as the value we place on him is right and as long as the wage demands he has are right, which Lambert will have no real say in.

I think Bent will leave, not sure i class it as an achievement to sell him though.

I'm quite sure Bent will leave in the final weeks of the window. I think he may be 2nd or 3rd choice for a few clubs in the Prem and inevitably when one or two of those clubs miss out on their preffered targets they'll fall back on Bent. It's then when they will have to match out 7-8mil valuation because they simply need the goals. 

So I'd suggest not stressing on this one. I'm sure Lambert's summer transfers are not at all linked to off loading players. Future funds for next Jan and Summer windows would be the ones impacted. 

Â