Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I hope he starts and gets a couple of goals to remind everyone that he's actually a very decent player .He's gone in the summer anyway but it could just add a million onto his price.

Edited by PatrickCousens

I'd play Nzogbia instead and have Gabby up top on his own.

Would Nzogbia be a good choice v Wigan

I think so yeah. He will have a point to prove. Should play with a bit of fire in his belly.

I'd play Nzogbia instead and have Gabby up top on his own.

Would Nzogbia be a good choice v Wigan

I think so yeah. He will have a point to prove. Should play with a bit of fire in his belly.

Did he leave Wigan on bad terms? I thought they would love him there considering he kept them up. Im only saying that extra 1 or 2 % effort might make all the difference. Or are u saying he has a point to prove to lambert for keeping him on bench?

Hopefully it won't matter a **** by then.

If the game is of little consequence anyway, then I'd probably give him a run-out in the hope he bangs a couple in. Might even get a bit more of our investment back?

If Wigan go tomorrow he will play Bowery in for Benteke, straight Swap, if they beat the Arse he will play the Zog and Bent may make an appearance if things get desperate.

Bent is the obvious replacement. If you pick Nzog or bowery that will mean a change in two positions instead of one

Bowery is a natural center forward.

He plays similarly to Benteke in that he can hold the ball up well, win headers, and link up the play.

Bent has his scoring strengths but Bowery is probably more suited to our current style.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went Bowery over Bent. Lambert has shown that he will do what he thinks is right, name and reputation be damned

So would you pick a player with zero premiere league goals over one who has over 100? If Wigan do pull off a miracle tonight and Lambert goes with Bowery over Bent and we loose, Lambert will never be forgiven.

Bent has reasoning to give it his best shot too as no doubt he'll want to try and earn a move away this Summer, a goal to see out the season would refresh peoples minds to how good a finisher he is.

If Wigan go tomorrow he will play Bowery in for Benteke, straight Swap, 

Agreed, if everything goes our way tonight Id love to see what he can offer in his normal position.  

Â