Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

• 2 weeks later...

His substitution helped us play more effectively, although whether it was more the beneficial effect of taking off Andi Weimann doing his headless chicken act, it's hard to say.

Anyways, this is an (at least ) £18m striker who has been used to getting around a goal every 2 games until he had the misfortune to come to Villa. He must have a key role to play in our fight for survival, so **** sort it out, Lambert - find a way to get him scoring goals again.

• 2 weeks later...

BBC Radio 5 Live are doing a special interview with Darren Bent at the training ground on Tuesday this week. I'm writing the brief for it atm and need to suggest questions to be asked. Anything in particular that would interest folks?

BBC Radio 5 Live are doing a special interview with Darren Bent at the training ground on Tuesday this week. I'm writing the brief for it atm and need to suggest questions to be asked. Anything in particular that would interest folks?

Who does he blame for the clubs current plight?

Well guessing you can't ask questions (or won't get the responses) about how happy he is, whether he thinks Lambert is the right man etc...

Therefore what about...

Has he been fit all season?

Does he think we will stay up?

Can he see the club moving forward?

Does he think he'll get back into the England squad?

How much of his 70k a week wage does he feel he deserves at the minute?

Well guessing you can't ask questions (or won't get the responses) about how happy he is, whether he thinks Lambert is the right man etc...

Therefore what about...

Has he been fit all season?

Does he think we will stay up?

Can he see the club moving forward?

Does he think he'll get back into the England squad?

No, it's been difficult with the injuries.

Yes, the club is in transition + extra mantra.

Yes, there is a lot going on behind the scenes.

That is down to the manager and my performance on the pitch.

Not my opinions, but the only answers DB  is likely to provide are going to tow the company line.

If the club gets relegated will you stay?
What are your opinions on the awful loses to Bradford/Milwall?

Will we stay up

Can't really think what else to ask him tbh...

Oh yea "How the **** did you not score that header at Valley parade you shithead."

Edited by KjParton

Thats a ridiculous question,he signed a contract that was acceptable to both parties at the time.Bring back Young,Downing,Walker,an in-form Albrighton,coupled with a premiership standard defence & he'll bag you more goals than Benteke all day long.He is not playing regularly through no fault of his own & whilst I would go along with Benteke ahead of Bent,I would also say that Benteke is not justifying his projected sell on price tag at the minute either.

Thats a ridiculous question,he signed a contract that was acceptable to both parties at the time.Bring back Young,Downing,Walker,an in-form Albrighton,coupled with a premiership standard defence & he'll bag you more goals than Benteke all day long.He is not playing regularly through no fault of his own & whilst I would go along with Benteke ahead of Bent,I would also say that Benteke is not justifying his projected sell on price tag at the minute either.

Through no fault of his own he isnt playing? Is his distinct lack of effort/interest and woeful form no fault of his own? 

Im not too interested in the Benteke price tag. Hes justified his price tag to us and his wage (at times). And, I quite like his honesty in saying he wants to move on.

Darren Bent (along with others) on the other hand plays a huge part in the club/football ripping us off for his own benefit. FWIW fair play, good luck to him. Hes found 40,000 mugs willing to pay it (and in the large part be on his side when he doesnt earn it). 

I think its a very fair question. A bit of self evaluation would do him good. Especially if he was honest.

Why are you shit nowadays??

Because he never gets a decent run in the side due to injures and the manager refusing to play to his strengths.

Â