Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Did Bent actually go to the press or was he just asked question?

Even if he was asked a question there are ways to answer it without coming over as a moaning big time player.

there's not actually. there was nothing wrong with what bent said, it was just framed to look like he was agitating for a move. it could very easily have been framed to make it look like he couldn't wait to get back in the villa team and scoring goals

Rubbish. Of course there are ways to answer it.

He could have just talked about strength in depth, competition for places in the squad being a good thing, or just simply left it as its up to the manager who plays.

Have you heard anything? If we can get £18m for him then fine. Shame as the side GH was building was tailored to him and I have no doubt he would've been our 20 goal a season striker. Dont think he suits Lamberts style and think Lambert thinks he can get better VFM elsewhere.

Basically that DB insisted to speak to the press not to moan or cause outburst, but to show he actually wants to play and a hint to the gaffer he can actually do the business.

Not wishing to sound mental or anything like but could he not have just said it to his face instead?

I think this discussion about Darren Bent is highly ridiculous. He is our best player and a proven goalscorer most teams would love to have in their squad. People talk about setups and tactics, but at the end of the day it is about scoring goals and poachers are hard to find. And guess what? We are 15th in the table and playing awful at times, I think it is time to realize we need all the help we can get from our best players. And guess again, who is our topscorer? Darren Bent, if only at 2 goals. And he was our topscorer last season as well. I mean, what is the alternative? Gabby Agbonlahor never stays on form, Benteke is totally new in this league and Weimann is far from the finished product.

The receipe is simple, the team does the work and he is there to score the goals. We could have a target man up there winning headers, but for whom to score from? If you score goals like Bent and also contribute immensely elsewhere you are a) worth 50M and B) not playing for Aston Villa. It is not like Bent ONLY scores goals, but that is his best asset and he is a world-class finisher. I think this topic is off track and by the end of the season he will have played as many games as he is fit to play ending up as our topscorer with at least double the amount as the second one.

I think this discussion about Darren Bent is highly ridiculous. He is our best player and a proven goalscorer most teams would love to have in their squad. People talk about setups and tactics, but at the end of the day it is about scoring goals and poachers are hard to find. And guess what? We are 15th in the table and playing awful at times, I think it is time to realize we need all the help we can get from our best players. And guess again, who is our topscorer? Darren Bent, if only at 2 goals. And he was our topscorer last season as well. I mean, what is the alternative? Gabby Agbonlahor never stays on form, Benteke is totally new in this league and Weimann is far from the finished product.

The receipe is simple, the team does the work and he is there to score the goals. We could have a target man up there winning headers, but for whom to score from? If you score goals like Bent and also contribute immensely elsewhere you are a) worth 50M and B) not playing for Aston Villa. It is not like Bent ONLY scores goals, but that is his best asset and he is a world-class finisher. I think this topic is off track and by the end of the season he will have played as many games as he is fit to play ending up as our topscorer with at least double the amount as the second one.

I agree, but it is his attitude that has riled people more than anything. No one denies his quality (at least not many anyway). Yes he's our best plater, but it is still the manager's choice of whether or not to play him. No one has the right to be picked regardless. If he doesn't like it, he needs to play better and just work hard. Don't go sulking to the media.

He didn't sulk to the media, they asked him very leading questions in the port match.

I'd have probably said the same, it has been a "crappy" few weeks, losing a captaincy that he was obviously proud of and bein subbed after scoring.

I'm not saying they weren't correct decisions and i trust lambert 100% but he didn't run to the media to specifically have a dig.

He didn't sulk to the media, they asked him very leading questions in the port match.

I'd have probably said the same, it has been a "crappy" few weeks, losing a captaincy that he was obviously proud of and bein subbed after scoring.

I'm not saying they weren't correct decisions and i trust lambert 100% but he didn't run to the media to specifically have a dig.

Agreed,

Alternatively If he said its up to the gaffer who picks the team i'll just try my best. People would be saying he's not interested and looking to go else where. Different comments same outcome of negative thoughts.

I haven't got a problem that Lambert dropped him and haven't got a problem with Bent saying what he did.

Agreed,

Alternatively If he said its up to the gaffer who picks the team i'll just try my best. People would be saying he's not interested and looking to go else where. Different comments same outcome of negative thoughts.

I haven't got a problem that Lambert dropped him and haven't got a problem with Bent saying what he did.

Bang on.....I'd be more disappointed if DB said he was happy to be on the bench. Every player should be annoyed about being dropped, it fires them up to perform better. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion.

Â