Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

£25m.......we never sell at a loss. Bellamy can come over to us as well, that way we get a player who can score goals.

Liverpool need CL this year, if they dont their business model is under pressure and that leads to trouble, even with a rich owner like we have, which they havent got btw.

Liverpool are loaded, they have over a dozen shareholders who all have plenty of capital. Were looking at spending another £20-30m this window (already going round that Ramirez will be signed for £20m) if we can get our targets on top of the £110m we already spent.

There is as much money as needed within reason. The only reason top 4 is important this season is so we can attract the calibre of player we need rather than havin to buy shite like Carroll, Adam and Downing.

I see this idea on here a lot that our owners aren't 'rich' and its just a lie.

£25m.......we never sell at a loss. Bellamy can come over to us as well, that way we get a player who can score goals.

Liverpool need CL this year, if they dont their business model is under pressure and that leads to trouble, even with a rich owner like we have, which they havent got btw.

John Henry is a billionaire as well.

I'm not sure he is even a dollar billionaire. I'm fairly certain he's worth less than Randy, though. If Liverpool don't make Champions League next year I think they will soon enough embark on similar restructuring to ourselves - Luis Suarez leaving for a big Italian or Spanish club for starters.

Bent out Carroll in (as a permanent signing) would be an interesting piece of business that I would consider.

There is not an OUNCE of truth in any of that whatsoever. Henry is only one of several Billionaire owners and companies that make up FSG that own us and the Red Sox. Their hugely successful and profitable and have other rich minority shareholders on board like LeBron James who also throw some money in the bucket.

This link makes it very clear who has more money between our lot and Lerner as well as all other owners:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_club_owners

Listen, you hate us, I get it, but lets avoid wishful thinking and outright lies.

I'm not sure he is even a dollar billionaire. I'm fairly certain he's worth less than Randy, though. If Liverpool don't make Champions League next year I think they will soon enough embark on similar restructuring to ourselves - Luis Suarez leaving for a big Italian or Spanish club for starters.

Bent out Carroll in (as a permanent signing) would be an interesting piece of business that I would consider.

There is not an OUNCE of truth in any of that whatsoever. Henry is only one of several Billionaire owners and companies that make up FSG that own us and the Red Sox. Their hugely successful and profitable and have other rich minority shareholders on board like LeBron James who also throw some money in the bucket.

This link makes it very clear who has more money between our lot and Lerner as well as all other owners:

Listen, you hate us, I get it, but lets avoid wishful thinking and outright lies.

Jesus Christ you are delusional. LeBron James? Really???? Owning is not the same as throwing millions into endless pots of expenditure. The way you say successful and profitable, and still use the "their" in the beginning is fantastic. They are maybe rich and famous, but owners are always investing money to get x times interest upped with time. Unless they are Man City oil tycoons, and do not signal this instantly, they are nothing but careful investors. If you think billions in worth is going to be invested in players for a shitty club like Liverpool, you must be clutching straws.

I hate Liverpool. I loved their previous owners. I hate their fans, I hate their stupid love towards Gerrard and Carragher... and I hate their stupid song which was never intended towards them and I love the fact that they will never, ever be the top team in the Premiership during my lifetime.

Jesus Christ you are delusional. LeBron James? Really???? Owning is not the same as throwing millions into endless pots of expenditure. The way you say successful and profitable, and still use the "their" in the beginning is fantastic. They are maybe rich and famous, but owners are always investing money to get x times interest upped with time. Unless they are Man City oil tycoons, and do not signal this instantly, they are nothing but careful investors. If you think billions in worth is going to be invested in players for a shitty club like Liverpool, you must be clutching straws.

I hate Liverpool. I loved their previous owners. I hate their fans, I hate their stupid love towards Gerrard and Carragher... and I hate their stupid song which was never intended towards them and I love the fact that they will never, ever be the top team in the Premiership during my lifetime.

Bile. Again no truth whatsoever. Like I have already said, our problem isn't money for players, our problem is attracting the players whilst were not in the champs league and having a Manager who will struggle to get us there imo.

The fact remains we have more than enough access to capital and this will only increase in coming years as we get back into the champs league and build the new stadium.

Why is it so important for people on here to belittle Liverpool in pointless ways like saying were dodgy finacially and we could start going the Lerner way if we don't come 4th when there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest this being the case. Is it coz of worry of us buying Bent? make out we can't afford him as comfort?

Its weird, were not Birmingham, we have no relevance to Villa whatsoever so I don;t get it. We've never been rivals or competed, in my life time anyway, for cups or titles or champs league spots etc so I don't see why how much money we have or don't have could matter one iota to a Villa fan.

I think its hilarious and I welcome the hatred because it shows were doing something right still and as far for us not winning the title you have no idea what the future holds, none of us do, hell Villa could get taken over by Qataris and win the league within 10 years even I wouldn't say thats not possible.

I don't dislike Liverpool but to come on here and try to justify shite purchases like Adam, Henderson, Carroll & Downing by claiming you can't buy CL standard players yet is laughable.

You bought Suarez for **** sake, he should be playing at a much better club than Liverpool. (I did not say bigger club as it is clear Liverpool are still a massive club in European football).

But to spunk nearly £85m on 4 average PL players is ludicrous. If Commolli can convince the owners to get Suarez & Enrique (who I also think is CL standard) surely there are better players you can get for £85m.

If Bent goes to you then fair enough. Just expect him to jump ship again the next time a CL club comes calling.

Bile. Again no truth whatsoever. Like I have already said, our problem isn't money for players, our problem is attracting the players whilst were not in the champs league and having a Manager who will struggle to get us there imo.

The fact remains we have more than enough access to capital and this will only increase in coming years as we get back into the champs league and build the new stadium.

Why is it so important for people on here to belittle Liverpool in pointless ways like saying were dodgy finacially and we could start going the Lerner way if we don't come 4th when there isn't a shred of evidence to suggest this being the case. Is it coz of worry of us buying Bent? make out we can't afford him as comfort?

Its weird, were not Birmingham, we have no relevance to Villa whatsoever so I don;t get it. We've never been rivals or competed, in my life time anyway, for cups or titles or champs league spots etc so I don't see why how much money we have or don't have could matter one iota to a Villa fan.

I think its hilarious and I welcome the hatred because it shows were doing something right still and as far for us not winning the title you have no idea what the future holds, none of us do, hell Villa could get taken over by Qataris and win the league within 10 years even I wouldn't say thats not possible.

Pal - this a villa forum - just **** off back to anfield - I hear theres a minutes silence being held there today.

I don't hate you because you are buying bent. I hate\despise you because you exist.

if it weren't for your muderous fans - most of us would still be standing on terraces - and the atmosphere would twice what is today.

Of course your owners are rich - because historically liverpool have won more trophies than anyone else by outspending them. Unfortunatley you are no longer able to do that. So will end this season trophyless, and probably outside Europe.

So don't get to far up your own **** arse.

I think its hilarious and I welcome the hatred because it shows were doing something right

I think a lot of hatred towards Liverpool isn't even to do with footballing reasons. For starters, I think it's embarassing how much you've spent and you still won't be able to get into the top 4, yeah, well done on that!

It's more to do with the way your fans - you included looking at your posts on here - act towards other clubs and their fans.

Pretty unequivocal

Darren Bent has set his sights on becoming a scoring great at Villa and emulating Peter Withe's goal feat from 21 years ago.

Bent insists he's "really enjoying" life in claret and blue as he eyes a return to the side against Chelsea.

Looking further ahead, Bent is eager to become the first man since Withe in 1980-81 to hit 20 goals in one season.

He said: "I'd like to think I can repeat Peter's goal feat from the league championship-winning season.

"I've scored 20 a couple of times for my previous clubs so hopefully I can do it here over the next couple of seasons.

"I love scoring goals because they win games. That's important to me. But saying that, if someone said to me that Villa could finish seventh and I would score 10 goals, I would take it!

"I'd rather that than score 20 and Villa finish 13th or 14th.

"I'm really enjoying it here. The lads have been brilliant and the facilities are fantastic. Everything has worked out."

Bent also spoke of his pride at finally getting to don the No.9 shirt after a career which had not previously seen him wear the fabled striking top.

Throughout his time in football, Villa's record-signing has coveted the No.9 shirt and he now admits it's a special feeling to wear the shirt made famous down the years by Gerry Hitchens, Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Dean Saunders, Dion Dublin and Juan Pablo Angel.

He added: "It's the first time in my career I've had this number. At Ipswich I was 18, at Charlton it was 10, with Spurs I was 23 then 10 and at Sunderland it was 11.

"Then I was 39 for my first few months with Villa. I've always wanted No.9 but this is the first time I've had the opportunity.

"It's an honour and privilege to wear that shirt for such a high-profile club."

Pretty unequivocal

Darren Bent has set his sights on becoming a scoring great at Villa and emulating Peter Withe's goal feat from 21 years ago.

Bent insists he's "really enjoying" life in claret and blue as he eyes a return to the side against Chelsea.

Looking further ahead, Bent is eager to become the first man since Withe in 1980-81 to hit 20 goals in one season.

He said: "I'd like to think I can repeat Peter's goal feat from the league championship-winning season.

"I've scored 20 a couple of times for my previous clubs so hopefully I can do it here over the next couple of seasons.

"I love scoring goals because they win games. That's important to me. But saying that, if someone said to me that Villa could finish seventh and I would score 10 goals, I would take it!

"I'm really enjoying it here. The lads have been brilliant and the facilities are fantastic. Everything has worked out."

Bent also spoke of his pride at finally getting to don the No.9 shirt after a career which had not previously seen him wear the fabled striking top.

Throughout his time in football, Villa's record-signing has coveted the No.9 shirt and he now admits it's a special feeling to wear the shirt made famous down the years by Gerry Hitchens, Andy Gray, Peter Withe, Dean Saunders, Dion Dublin and Juan Pablo Angel.

He added: "It's the first time in my career I've had this number. At Ipswich I was 18, at Charlton it was 10, with Spurs I was 23 then 10 and at Sunderland it was 11.

"Then I was 39 for my first few months with Villa. I've always wanted No.9 but this is the first time I've had the opportunity.

This I like :)

Unfortunately, being something of a realist, excuse me for erring on the side of caution. Darren Bent owes us nothing. If someone waved another mega-million pay-day at him, do you honestly believe the 'No.9' would mean anything other than it comes directly after No.8 and before No.10?

Having said that, who on here would blame him? There are two other clueless individuals at this great club who deserve the vitriol before he ever does.

Pretty unequivocal

Won't cut any ice, if Liverpool wave £20m under lerners nose.

Its weird, were not Birmingham, we have no relevance to Villa whatsoever so I don;t get it. We've never been rivals or competed, in my life time anyway, for cups or titles or champs league spots etc so I don't see why how much money we have or don't have could matter one iota to a Villa fan

a lot of neutrals hate Liverpool and in my experience a lot more than United

That reads like an interview given at the start of the season.

Bent may not go in january but i'd be surprised if he was a villa player when next season starts.

The club is going no where under this management and ownership and you couldn't blame good players for leaving.

John Barnes words are only given any credence these days because he's Dalglish's mate, He's David Platt's closest contender for worst Football manager ever

You've clearly forgotten Chris Kamara's spell at the healm of Stoke City

John Barnes words are only given any credence these days because he's Dalglish's mate, He's David Platt's closest contender for worst Football manager ever

You've clearly forgotten Chris Kamara's spell at the healm of Stoke City

Racist!!!

Oh no actually they were both shite.

Anyway back to Bent, when is he off? :D

I think we have to be a little pragmatic. whether you like McLeish or not (and i dont particularly) I think we need to accept that Lerner has already shown that he sint really the type of owner to sack managers lightly. Indeed, i would say the opposite is true, when things get tough he has shown his willingness to back his manager. Whether we like or hate the manager concerned I also think thats a good thing (mostly) - the owner needs to back his decision to appoint McLeish, its important from a stability point of view. mcLiesh needs to be given the chance to build his team

So, acceptimg that McLiesh is here for the forseeable future, the question to ask is whether Bent is the right kind of striker for the style of football we are currently employing? If McLeish doesnt think so, if he thinks he can get more out of someone else, then the right decision is to sell for as much money as we can get.

I'd rather things were different, but the situation is what it is

I think another thing that needs to be taken into account is how well has Bent settled in with his team mates. Ive heard a number of times that him and Gabby just dont get on, this may even have spread to other players. It may well be that Bent wants a move that isnt because of the perceived politics of Villas board and the managers negativity. Course I dont know but i'm just speculating just like everyone else is about the reasons for a move which is nothing more than speculation in itself.

What I do know is that if he doesnt leave this January this thread will remain in the direction and speculation of him moving on in the summer, then if that doesnt materialise it'll continue but back focusing on January move again and so on.

I think we have to be a little pragmatic. whether you like McLeish or not (and i dont particularly) I think we need to accept that Lerner has already shown that he sint really the type of owner to sack managers lightly. Indeed, i would say the opposite is true, when things get tough he has shown his willingness to back his manager. Whether we like or hate the manager concerned I also think thats a good thing (mostly) - the owner needs to back his decision to appoint McLeish, its important from a stability point of view. mcLiesh needs to be given the chance to build his team

So, acceptimg that McLiesh is here for the forseeable future, the question to ask is whether Bent is the right kind of striker for the style of football we are currently employing? If McLeish doesnt think so, if he thinks he can get more out of someone else, then the right decision is to sell for as much money as we can get.

I'd rather things were different, but the situation is what it is

So if we are selling our record signing who gave us so much hope last year because as expected, he doesn't fit in with the new manager's anti-football philosophy - it makes this appointment even more ridiculous.

im confused.

darren bent scores lots of goals and is one of the best scorers in the premier league

the ginger clunge made excuses when he arrived here about his pevious clubs piss poor dire style of anti-football claiming it was only due to the players he had at his disposal at that club and NOTHING to do with his qualities as a coach, manager, tactitian or his ideals for how football should be played.

so darren bent looks half the player he has looked under every other manager and so do most of the other players and our style of football has become a rather crude and basic version of school boy kick and rush however with less success.

i still fully expect to see him wearing a liverpoo shirt either by feb 1st or come summer time

this club is in free fall at the moment, and no doubt all down to shadey far east gambling syndicates money falling into certain ginger peoples pockets

Â