Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

we have had many players over the years that can play up front, but seem to struggle when asked to score goals.

This guy might not be the best footballer in the world, but wow he knows how to execute the art of putting the onion in the bag.

The way he plays on the last shoulder he is so canny. His awareness in that pressure cooker of the 18 yard box is rare too.

Its an art of its own and very few players have it... Michael Owen in his prime, Jimmy Greaves.

we have had many players over the years that can play up front, but seem to struggle when asked to score goals.

This guy might not be the best footballer in the world, but wow he knows how to execute the art of putting the onion in the bag.

The way he plays on the last shoulder he is so canny. His awareness in that pressure cooker of the 18 yard box is rare too.

Its an art of its own and very few players have it... Michael Owen in his prime, Jimmy Greaves.

Lineker?

No surprise that Fabio Capello was there yesterday, and i'd say it's a given that Bent starts to become a fixture in the England setup.

Infact i bet Capello was drooling inside.

Lineker?

No surprise that Fabio Capello was there yesterday, and i'd say it's a given that Bent starts to become a fixture in the England setup.

Infact i bet Capello was drooling inside.

Be interesting to see how he plays in a big game with Rooney as the link striker/ACM backing him up. If Fabio can put aside his preference to pick players by their wage packets then I think England could have a very good front 6.

------------- Parker --- Wilshere ----------------

Downing --------- Rooney ----------- A Johnson

--------------------- Bent -------------------------

Is one of the form strikers right now. Rooney and RVP the only ones really better IMO. Maybe Hernandez. Although Stefan Ivanovic is a dark horse.

Exactly the reason I've wanted him at Villa since his Charlton days. Delighted he's finally found his way here. Fantastic signing for this club. Not sure how long we will keep him, though.

Exactly the reason I've wanted him at Villa since his Charlton days. Delighted he's finally found his way here. Fantastic signing for this club. Not sure how long we will keep him, though.

Thats what i was thinking, if he is this good all next season the top 4 will definitely come sniffing do doubt.

Thats what i was thinking, if he is this good all next season the top 4 will definitely come sniffing do doubt.

I have no doubt what so ever that Darren will be here for the next 3 years. United have good enough strikers, Liverpool have just spunked their money on a new forward line, Man City and Chelsea have higher expectations and Spurs have already burnt their bridges. No one else should be able to poach our players.

I have no doubt what so ever that Darren will be here for the next 3 years. United have good enough strikers, Liverpool have just spunked their money on a new forward line, Man City and Chelsea have higher expectations and Spurs have already burnt their bridges. No one else should be able to poach our players.

I hope youre right but i dont see it to be honest, hes not the loyalist player ever is he..

Well Charlton were relegated, he was forced out of Spurs by the manager(his worst decision as Spurs manager) the only time he forced z move through was at Sunderland. I think he's come here at the right time and will stay for a few years.

It will be Man City that will come knocking. Depends how they do in the league next year, but if they finish 3rd or 4th again, they may come looking for a proven Premiership striker to help them mount a title challenge. Lets be honest, Dzecko and Balotelli haven't set the Premiership alight as yet. There's also no guarantee Tevez will be there next year.

But anyway, this is far too negative. I apologise for bringing the tone of this thread down! :)

Darren Bent :notworthy:

been shocked at just how good he is. His runs off the ball are something we havent had at Villa Park for god knows how long. He makes the sort of runs that Gabby dreams about.

His finishing is generally excellent and his hold up player, heading, and willingness to track back are more than adequate.

Another player who has joined Villa and in a short space of time has worked his way into the England starting 11. Its becoming a good selling point for us to use when signing English players.

been shocked at just how good he is. His runs off the ball are something we havent had at Villa Park for god knows how long. He makes the sort of runs that Gabby dreams about.

His finishing is generally excellent and his hold up player, heading, and willingness to track back are more than adequate.

Another player who has joined Villa and in a short space of time has worked his way into the England starting 11. Its becoming a good selling point for us to use when signing English players.

His 2 runs on saturday for the goals were brilliant. Especially the first where he got himself back on side and then turned towards goal. He's always looking to head towards goal, none of this wondering about on the wing stuff.

Â